• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

The whole LE specific bolt gun is fucking retarded.

Same thing for the different models of the same damn switch barrel action.

ASR vs AXSR… ATLE vs AT… AXMCLE vs AXMC… ATXC vs ATX… ATXC Mil vs ATXC…

The whole LE specific bolt gun is fucking retarded.

Same thing for the different models of the same damn switch barrel action.

ASR vs AXSR… ATLE vs AT… AXMCLE vs AXMC… ATXC vs ATX… ATXC Mil vs ATXC…

Yes, but people will still line up to purchase one. They will gladly fork out an exorbitant amount for an item that has almost non-existent factory support, or connection/empathy for their consumer base.

Yet the staus symbol of ownership will overcome many, who follow up their "I just got porked in the ass by AI" with "but it's an AI, so it felt smoother." As an AI owner myself, I am starting to master the prison rape victim walk, all the while telling others to GBPSE.

Yes, but people will still line up to purchase one. They will gladly fork out an exorbitant amount for an item that has almost non-existent factory support, or connection/empathy for their consumer base.

Yet the staus symbol of ownership will overcome many, who follow up their "I just got porked in the ass by AI" with "but it's an AI, so it felt smoother." As an AI owner myself, I am starting to master the prison rape victim walk, all the while telling others to GBPSE.
Ive never needed parts but scott has always been extremely helpful with any questions that ive had and has probably talked to me on the phone more than i deserve. My experience is that the customer service is quite good

Reactions: DarinR

HK is way way way worse. They go out of their way to make their "civilian" guns and their military/LE guns not even compatible with one another.

Another thing that I often think about is we should be happy civilians get any rifles at all from them to purchase. I kind of doubt civilian sales is whats keeping the lights on there

There is probably some parts that should not take as long to get as they do but we have to remember theyre a small business and military/ le would come first. Just my opinion but if they can only produce so many parts so fast id rather the guys on the front line get them first. These are just toys for us civilians. If you dont like that about AI then buy something else, but it wont be as good

Reactions: SimonsaysKAC
I did say "most". I have my reservations about the SR25s and most of the overpriced large frame ARs from Knights, HK, ect. It's not worth it since most of them are lucky to be a consistent 1 MOA gun and good luck trying to be very reliable suppressed.
Tell them that.
(I can hear the autistic screeching from here)

Another thing that I often think about is we should be happy civilians get any rifles at all from them to purchase. I kind of doubt civilian sales is whats keeping the lights on there

There is probably some parts that should not take as long to get as they do but we have to remember theyre a small business and military/ le would come first. Just my opinion but if they can only produce so many parts so fast id rather the guys on the front line get them first. These are just toys for us civilians. If you dont like that about AI then buy something else, but it wont be as good
If they didn't have le/Gov contacts the price would likely be much lower and more civs would own them making up for the loss. When
.gov is willing to pay nearly anything because it's taxpayer money you jack up the price to make good money. There is really NO reason these AI rifles should cost this much when you compare it to other custom chassis builds. A bit more robust, yes but not nearly 3k+ more. It's .gov pricing.

Reactions: BurtG and taliv
I remember looking at the conversion thread and people were bitching the cheek weld was too high with the AX stock on an AT.
I think most people that made that swap, myself included, also switched to the taller AX rail while they were at it.

The last two pages in the "Accuracy International Picture Thread" have been without pictures. I'm here to rescue you.

Sincerely,

Self-appointed Hall Monitor.

ETA: But yeah, the notion that "The King's Men" can have something that the citizenry can't have is antithetical - no, it does violence - to the Founders' intent and the purpose of the 2nd Amendment. On the scale of outrage, while I don't like AI's position on "LE-only" setups, it's still less of a sin than proclaiming your undying love for the ATF during congressional testimony. YMMV

IMG_5743.jpeg

Last edited:
Maybe we need a separate “Vintage AI Picture Thread” to keep things on topic? I’ll contribute to keep the intent of this thread alive! 😂

Also, if anybody that converted their AIAWs to an aftermarket chassis or skins and want to offload their old and useless AI gear…

IMG_4356.jpeg

Maybe we need a separate “Vintage AI Picture Thread” to keep things on topic? I’ll contribute to keep the intent of this thread alive! 😂

Also, if anybody that converted their AIAWs to an aftermarket chassis or skins and want to offload their old and useless AI gear…

View attachment 8333372
I would love to see a whole lot more of this rifle... I'll be contributing my own photos shortly.

Reactions: AMAC79
#1 or #2 would look very comfortable in my house. Just saying if you wanted to free up space 😘
No claims of first rights of refusal are valid unless and until you say the word "dibs." This is at least a nationwide principle of commerce.

Accordingly, Dibs on #4. Many moons ago, someone agreed to see me a Covert Kit and then reneged. I should have hunted him down and thrown him into a pit of alligators, but instead I just sulked/dwelt in the misery of what might be the firstmost of first-world problems. :oops::LOL::oops::ROFLMAO:

Alright, finally throwing down a photo as I've been researching for a long time. Mile High Shooting Accesories really came through and helped me out for my birthday. I'm currently waiting to install the Accu-Shot Monopod, and have two sets of Thumbhole Stocks (Green) on their way. Plan is to shoot factory Hornady TAP ELD Precision 168gr from it, probably exclusively.

PXL_20240127_020642560.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL-01~2.jpeg

• Factory 20" 1:12 barrel, 2016 Crown AI AT
  • Leupold MK5HD 5-25x56mm Illuminated with Tremor3 Reticle
  • SPUHR SP-5006 1.35" Scope Mount (there's about 2mm between the obj. lens and the NV rail)
  • Atlas Bipod + Spigot
  • 7 AIAW Double Stack 10 Round Magazines
  • AI Factory Cleaning Kit, Tools, 19mm Spanner
As a guy who's been pretty dedicated to running his HK MR762 DMRs for training and competition use, this is a whole new world for me. Worse still, I'm now trying to learn to shoot right handed, having shot LH forever due to cross eye dominance (Vickers style: I'm right handed, but left eye dominant). Sucks to suck.

Last edited:
Alright, finally throwing down a photo as I've been researching for a long time. Mile High Shooting Accesories really came through and helped me out for my birthday. I'm currently waiting to install the Accu-Shot Monopod, and have two sets of Thumbhole Stocks (Green) on their way. Plan is to shoot factory Hornady TAP ELD Precision 168gr from it, probably exclusively.

View attachment 8333614
  • SPUHR SP-5006 1.35" Scope Mount (there's about 2mm between the obj. lense and the NV rail)
  • Atlas Bipod + Spigot
As a guy who's been pretty dedicated to running his HK MR762 DMRs for training and competition use, this is a whole new world for me. Worse still, I'm now trying to learn to shoot right handed, having shot LH forever due to cross eye dominance (Vickers style: I'm right handed, but left eye dominant). Sucks to suck.
Nice rig. Two suggestions- don’t bother with the monopod, buy a decent rear bag or a heavy fill game changer. Monopods haven’t been in vogue for like 10+ years. AI makes a LH AT, I’d try to find one if you can, it makes life a lot easier (fellow right handed, left eye dominant shooter here). Cheers

Nice rig. Two suggestions- don’t bother with the monopod, buy a decent rear bag or a heavy fill game changer. Monopods haven’t been in vogue for like 10+ years. AI makes a LH AT, I’d try to find one if you can, it makes life a lot easier (fellow right handed, left eye dominant shooter here). Cheers
The Monopod when collapsed acts as a real nice bag rest. I run Wiebad Fortune Cookies. And, no way am I gonna try and hunt for a LH rifle after just getting this one lol. One rifle is enough.

No claims of first rights of refusal are valid unless and until you say the word "dibs." This is at least a nationwide principle of commerce.

Accordingly, Dibs on #4. Many moons ago, someone agreed to see me a Covert Kit and then reneged. I should have hunted him down and thrown him into a pit of alligators, but instead I just sulked/dwelt in the misery of what might be the firstmost of first-world problems. :oops::LOL::oops::ROFLMAO:
I know of 2 of the covert barrels that I could possibly get but never seen the suppressor for sale.

View attachment 8333812
  • SPUHR SP-5006 1.35" Scope Mount (there's about 2mm between the obj. lens and the NV rail)
  • Atlas Bipod + Spigot
Trying to make it harder on yourself past 800 with those 168s? 175s will have a higher BC. Not sure if the 12 twist will stabilize 185s.

Reactions: HKSniper11B
Trying to make it harder on yourself past 800 with those 168s? 175s will have a higher BC. Not sure if the 12 twist will stabilize 185s.
The Hornady TAP ELD Precision 168gr rounds (BC .523 G1) have a higher BC than either 168gr (.462 G1) or 175gr (.505 G1)FGMM SMKs. At a mile high, I'm good out to 1400 yards, in ideal conditions. I won't have a problem reaching past 1000 yards at most altitudes and conditions, but I'll have to collect real world data. Impact energy will suffer with the lighter weight. I'd like to try out the civilian Hornady ELD Match 175gr rounds though, and see how they do. But I'd also like to hear other's experiences with various factory rounds using the 20" 1:12 barrel. The 1:12 twist is too slow a twist rate for 185gr Bergers, unfortunately, despite the 20" muzzle length.

Reactions: BurtG
The Hornady TAP ELD Precision 168gr rounds (BC .523 G1) have a higher BC than either 168gr (.462 G1) or 175gr (.505 G1)FGMM SMKs. At a mile high, I'm good out to 1400 yards, in ideal conditions. I won't have a problem reaching past 1000 yards at most altitudes and conditions, but I'll have to collect real world data. Impact energy will suffer with the lighter weight. I'd like to try out the civilian Hornady ELD Match 175gr rounds though, and see how they do. But I'd also like to hear other's experiences with various factory rounds using the 20" 1:12 barrel. The 1:12 twist is too slow a twist rate for 185gr Bergers, unfortunately, despite the 20" muzzle length.
Nice, that elevation will help. I’m down at sea level. Have you done a tall target test on the Mk5? I just saw a new mil contract model with almost 3% error in the turrets.

Nice, that elevation will help. I’m down at sea level. Have you done a tall target test on the Mk5? I just saw a new mil contract model with almost 3% error in the turrets.
Not yet. And all I've had the chance to do is do a first cleaning of the bore. Shooting happens today where I hope to see how the entire setup does. While I figure there's plenty of shooting data on this forum for the classic AI AT, I'll be glad to share my results. There's got to be some LE on here with plenty of shooting experience on the AI AT with the Hornady TAP ELD Precision round.

Reactions: Statie07
Glad I picked up my SR-15 years ago when Brownells had them for right at $2K with mil/le/veteran discount. They’re totally overpriced now though.
Dude same here. I picked one up new like 2017 discounted under 2000

Sold it for 4500 summer of 2020😂

What rounds does your classic AW with 1:12 twist barrel like most? What have you had the best experiences with? Damn beautiful rifles...
Usually Fed GMM 175 works real well

Ive had excellent results with Winchester 168match I picked up for under $229 a case and I’m down to a case or so sadly

Not yet. And all I've had the chance to do is do a first cleaning of the bore. Shooting happens today where I hope to see how the entire setup does. While I figure there's plenty of shooting data on this forum for the classic AI AT, I'll be glad to share my results. There's got to be some LE on here with plenty of shooting experience on the AI AT with the Hornady TAP ELD Precision round.

Our team runs AIAT with 16” barrels and Tbac suppressors and run the 168 TAP.

Great round, never had any problems with it. But the furthest we shoot for training is out to about 800 or so. Not a whole bunch of application in LE realistically even past 300 yards. Haven’t shot out to 1000 with that particular setup.

The Monopod when collapsed acts as a real nice bag rest. I run Wiebad Fortune Cookies. And, no way am I gonna try and hunt for a LH rifle after just getting this one lol. One rifle is enough.
Maybe you already have heard of this monopod technique, but others might have not. I was thinking of buying one and ran across this vid:

Father in law wanted to go shooting for his birthday and asked me to bring a rifle. He started talking about getting into it and asked how much a setup would run. Thank God he didn't ask me about this one 🤣. I think he's learned already.

View attachment 8334002
Why? Nothing like flexing on the father in law for fun 😂😂😂😂.... Mine is always telling me how he built his wealth from the ground up.... Still works 10 hours a day and how lazy everyone is. He's 73 said he will be working till he's 85 blah blah blah.... Never sees his grand kids... Never spends time with his wife... drives a POS car that he's proud of for being frugal...Has a shiz ton of money and you would never know till he brags about how hard he works and never spends a dime.

One of my hobbies is telling him how I ain't working a day past some year... think I'm down to 45 and his reaction of unapproval is hilarious every time.

I then proceed to tell him how I'll spend the rest of life on vacation with his daughter who will probably still work because she loves her job...shooting my ,"ridiculously" expensive rifles with my kids, and jacking my grandkids up one day on mtn dew and all grandpa's fav treats.

If you ain't going to enjoy the days you got wtf are you doing here? I make no apologies for what I do with my money. I know it can be gone tomorrow but I'm sure as hell am enjoying what the good Lord has blessed me with today. I work hard and understand I am blessed and give back but damn I don't live to work. I work too shoot n boat....

#12lbboltliftgangtillidie

#45onayachtorgbpse

Why? Nothing like flexing on the father in law for fun 😂😂😂😂.... Mine is always telling me how he built his wealth from the ground up.... Still works 10 hours a day and how lazy everyone is. He's 73 said he will be working till he's 85 blah blah blah.... Never sees his grand kids... Never spends time with his wife... drives a POS car that he's proud of for being frugal...Has a shiz ton of money and you would never know till he brags about how hard he works and never spends a dime.

One of my hobbies is telling him how I ain't working a day past some year... think I'm down to 45 and his reaction of unapproval is hilarious every time.

I then proceed to tell him how I'll spend the rest of life on vacation with his daughter who will probably still work because she loves her job...shooting my ,"ridiculously" expensive rifles with my kids, and jacking my grandkids up one day on mtn dew and all grandpa's fav treats.

If you ain't going to enjoy the days you got wtf are you doing here? I make no apologies for what I do with my money. I know it can be gone tomorrow but I'm sure as hell am enjoying what the good Lord has blessed me with today. I work hard and understand I am blessed and give back but damn I don't live to work. I work too shoot n boat....

#45onayachtorgbpse
You and me would probably be good friends if we weren't opposite side of the country. I am not working a day past my 60th birthday and likely with saved up sick time months well before that. I work to afford the things I enjoy in life and that's it. Looking at ways to boost passive income and work even less. Only thing I got going til 60 is state retirement and benefits which are pretty nice.

As for flexing on him, I've done that too hard already haha. He just knows whatever he is shooting is currently too rich for his blood. I told him I was thinking of selling off my m40a6 and he asked what they go for and he damn near fell through my concrete floor.

#45onayachtorgbpse
I can picture you now on that damn yacht, on SnipersHide, trolling us about the #12pounfboltliftlife or the MSR2 reticle being the best thing everrrr

• Haha
Reactions: Huskydriver