• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

M
View attachment 8334117

It'd temporary for greater things. Trying to decide if I custom machine the atlas spigot to get mount my pic atlas cal or buy a tbac or just buy the correct atlas cal nc to screw on.
Mine Came with a Harris too

It quickly was given to my kid brother

Hint: elite iron spigot mount and atlas is a winning combo

View attachment 8334117

It'd temporary for greater things. Trying to decide if I custom machine the atlas spigot to get mount my pic atlas cal or buy a tbac or just buy the correct atlas cal nc to screw on.
Negative. Elite Iron with their spigot. ATLAS spigot sucks elephant dick. Or buy a full-length RRS ARCA Rail that is designed for the AT and use a Ckye Pod

Emotion wants me to buy an AT.

Logic won’t let it.

:)

In the area of 60-ish degree two lugs up / one lug down for reliable AW feeding we have the ARC CDG and Aero Solus in addition to AI.

If either ARC or Aero developed a quick change barrel system it would be interesting to watch them compete with AI.

-Stan

Reactions: MysizeisMAGNUM
@TheBigCountry @Nik H soooooo.... this?

20220617_162600.jpg

For a reason I can't fully explain, I just want the whole spigot to be able to come out without tools. Maybe I should repent and just put the EI back in.

Logic won’t let it.

In the area of 60-ish degree two lugs up / one lug down for reliable AW feeding we have the ARC CDG and Aero Solus in addition to AI.

If either ARC or Aero developed a quick change barrel system it would be interesting to watch them compete with AI.

-Stan
Gap tempest with a WTO switchlug. But only if you like Joe Biden.

Other than that you need an AT.

@TheBigCountry @Nik H soooooo.... this?

View attachment 8334139

For a reason I can't fully explain, I just want the whole spigot to be able to come out without tools. Maybe I should repent and just put the EI back in.
Yes except get rid of the ATLAS

OR

Get this rail and either an EI or Ckye Pod

BTW, why is the bolt on the wrong side of your rifle?

AT and RRS Rail.jpg

I then proceed to tell him how I'll spend the rest of life on vacation with his daughter who will probably still work because she loves her job...shooting my ,"ridiculously" expensive rifleswith my kids, and jacking my grandkids up one day on mtn dew and all grandpa's fav treats.
That’s the priority we should all be paying attention too.

WE only have so many days with our children. Once they’re gone, They Are Gone!

I continue to enjoy spending time with our one and only son (now 41) Still, I am impressed that just yesterday morning, we put our then 5 year old on the bus for school for the first time.

its Quick Folks, Too Darned Quick, don’t waste a second.
1706391146708.jpeg

Last edited:

Logic won’t let it.

-Stan
Terminus has already been there, done that.

I had one (just the chassis/Kit and the MIRS) and sold it for "what the market will bear" and I have no regrets. 300Winmag is icky.
I debated going off spec and doing 300 norma. I won 100 pieces of peterson 300wm brass though so idk. Still debating what I want to do with this.

I can’t help noticing that this thread and the DTI SRS thread both have 17k posts. That seems like a gross inequity, bordering on crime against humanity.
How can AI have only ten more pages than an AMP DSR-1 clone?

• Haha
Reactions: carbonbased
I can’t help noticing that this thread and the DTI SRS thread both have 17k posts. That seems like a gross inequity, bordering on crime against humanity.
How can AI have only ten more pages than an AMP DSR-1 clone?
This is AI pic thread #2 if memory serves.

1000005121.jpg

Not sure how much info has circulated, but confirmed AT-XC will still use the same barrels from AT, AX, ATX, etc.

Video should start at the AI part:

Pics of the Border Patrol version of AT-X (bottom rifle). Along with the kit as it ships. Assuming this is a setup to offering a deployment kit.

1706415405232.png

1706415428399.png

And for those wondering about the changes for bolt lift and such, here's a comparison of one area. First pic is the current action. Some would polish this area on the action and where it contacts on bolt handle. To help smooth it out a bit.

Second pic is the new action. Less area (maybe none?) where the bolt handle contacts.

1706416064503.png

1706416080260.png

It is interesting that the short upper gun is on the old action.

It is interesting that the short upper gun is on the old action.

That's what they submitted for the contract. Obviously no one but AI knows what they did or did not have ready. But the solicitation submission was months ago or more.

And the magnum bolt heads are totally happening…but only for the new gen short action
Yup they're finally making what AI owners want…

But for a gun nobody owns yet….

Informative video. So you get the updated action but most importantly any upgrades from AI will only be available to that platform

I think there’s been one report here so far. But let’s assume it’s identical to the AXSR bolt. Pretty safe assumption. Most of the contact areas of the bolt I’m sure are the same on the long and short actions

That said how much better is the AXSR than a current legacy action? Seems to me the older rifles were better on bolt lift than the current ATX actions. So is this a true upgrade or are we just back to where many of us AT and AX owners started

I know people here own both for comparison

Reactions: BurtG
I think there’s been one report here so far. But let’s assume it’s identical to the AXSR bolt. Pretty safe assumption.

That said how much better is the AXSR than a current legacy action? Seems to me the older rifles were smoother than the current ATX actions. So is this a true upgrade or are we just back to where many of us AT and AX owners started

I know people here own both for comparison

I never had any of the old rifles that felt "smoother" than current AT-X. At least nothing that I wouldn't consider action to action variation.

The AXSR I have does seem to have better bolt lift than the AXMC. Which, I believe, also has that lower surface on the rear of the bolt handle.

Reactions: hafejd30
I never had any of the old rifles that felt "smoother" than current AT-X. At least nothing that I wouldn't consider action to action variation.

The AXSR I have does seem to have better bolt lift than the AXMC. Which, I believe, also has that lower surface on the rear of the bolt handle.
Sorry I edited it. Specifically asking about bolt lift. That’s the issue everyone’s wondering it seems anyways. The bolts aside from the lift are identical and super smooth on my AT and ATX

Here's with another line added. You can see that surface sits lower on the bolt handle cam surface.

View attachment 8334525
These are literally in line with each other.

I think the perspective is different because the new action is thinner so the wall of the action sits closer to the bolt body.

That camming surface wouldn’t affect bolt lift, it doesn’t come into play until the bolt is already lifted like 90% of the way. I think the bolt lug geometry and the firing pin rear assembly are what would affect that.
IMG_0766.jpeg

Sorry I edited it. Specifically asking about bolt lift. That’s the issue everyone’s wondering it seems anyways. The bolts aside from the lift are identical and super smooth on my AT and ATX

Yea, that's what I meant. The AXSR lift seems "lighter" to me than the AXMC.

However, I have not experience lighter lift from an AT/AX and an AT-X. I think I've had 3 AT-X, and quite a few more AT and AX over the years. Not saying other's experiences are wrong. I just haven't noticed it myself.

These are literally in line with each other.

I think the perspective is different because the new action is thinner so the wall of the action sits closer to the bolt body.

That camming surface wouldn’t affect bolt lift, it doesn’t come into play until the bolt is already lifted like 90% of the way. I think the bolt lug geometry and the firing pin rear assembly are what would affect that.View attachment 8334535

If you're not able to see how much sooner the bolt handle cam surface stops contacting, I don't know what else to tell you. It's right there in your pics. And yes, it absolutely affects the feel. Many people used to polish the bolt handle and the receiver area there to improve the feeling of the lift.

I understand you seem to still have a bone to pick with AI as you're literally responding with needles every time something is posted. So, I'll leave you to it. I'm merely posting updates to questions people have asked over the last week.

Two weeks door to door for my Steiner repair, can't thank them enough - now the AT is back in action. I'll hit the range this week and test out the barrels, practice swaps and shifts and get it ready for February 'yotes and my first PRS match.

I may end up tossing the 2.5-15 onto the Mk12 or Scar in favor of a 3-18 with MSR 2 on the AT.

20240126_170656.jpg

The green boxes below represent the amount of area the current action moves with contact more than the area on the new action.

The new action clears the rear surface much sooner than the current action.

Screenshot 2024-01-27 at 11.23.29 PM.png

That Xring vid, the AI fellow indicated that they:
  1. Improved bolt finishing
  2. Adjusted the bolt lug camming surfaces to lower effort and made them stronger
  3. Added two gas blowouts
  4. Reduced friction in unspecified areas
  5. Somehow made all of the camming happen in the lugs and none in the rear of the bolt
  6. Added a 32mm knob on some versions
Pardon if this has already been mentioned earlier.

Btw is that Xring guy on the hide?

That Xring vid, the AI fellow indicated that they:
  1. Improved bolt finishing
  2. Adjusted the bolt lug camming surfaces to lower effort and made them stronger
  3. Added two gas blowouts
  4. Reduced friction in unspecified areas
  5. Somehow made all of the camming happen in the lugs and none in the rear of the bolt
  6. Added a 32mm knob on some versions
Pardon if this has already been mentioned earlier.

Btw is that Xring guy on the hide?

That's about the idea I got from the video. #5 I believe is what the pics above are illustrating.

Reactions: carbonbased