• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

The rubber feet that grab nothing, and the floppy ass tilt on the Harris are definitely two of my biggest complaints with it.

So I need to upgrade my bipod to something more sturdy and adaptable than a Harris.

What is the going consensus from the esteemed members of this establishment on a good all around general purpose bipod that plays nice with ARCA rail? I see lots of options, but have no direct experience with anything but Harris products.

I’ve read through some threads but still can’t make up my mind. Going to live on my AT-X whatever I choose.
Depends on your budget but I use EI or Ckye Pod

Reactions: LONG RNG
More stable , better for accuracy etc. Takes longer to deploy. Less versatile you can’t slide it back closer to you. Takes longer to remove

Tbac is quick , stable enough ,

I like the elite a lot for steadiness / long small shots but the reason I finally got a arca mount to put on my AI is for sideways rooftops at matches. I had cyke bit they are junk sold them. There was a rooftop ^ you shoot left side then right side at MKM. kicked my ass with the tbac. Lol. The elite swivels all the way so will be perfect if I ever have time to shoot matches /practice

I like them enough that 1 has a permanent hone on my AWM

View attachment 8340703
*Not a AWM

The rubber feet that grab nothing, and the floppy ass tilt on the Harris are definitely two of my biggest complaints with it.
This really should go in its own thread. We all have our preferences based on how we shoot. You’ll get people recommending cyke, atlas, TBAC, elite iron, Accutac and others. Then people who will say go with a tripod. Its going to depend on your intended uses

If you narrow down to two popular models. The Atlas Cal and TBAC I’ll just share my quick preference after using both for a while

The feet rotate on the TBAC. This may or may not bother you. My Atlas doesn’t have as much slop in the legs when extended. Again based on loading the bipod may or may not matter to you. It didn’t bother me

I primarily use mine for crop damage. Shooting deer in farm fields. Bipod spends lots of time in stuff like wet dirt in corn fields and what not. My biggest gripe on the TBAC is the inner portion of the leg extends out when you extend the bipod. Where the atlas it’s the outer portion.

The atlas can be deployed in 4” of mud and it won’t matter. Do that with the TBAC and it will suck dirt inside the leg when you close it after or just drop the height down in the field. Several times it would get gritty in the leg and I’d spring it out several times to clean the dry dirt out of it

Each time I had the TBAC in mud I’d wipe it off before collapsing the leg. But if your still hunting when you do that with mud on it you won’t think of it or want to remove from the gun to do so

Reactions: HD1911
It’s hard to beat the Atlas CAL for all-around use. If you have a specific use, like PRS, ELR, etc competitions, there may be a better choice for the specific discipline, but the CAL is hard to beat overall.

@RUN8 agreed the atlas cal is a nice bipod. The tbac is a better harris if you really like harris.

I don’t hate the Harris, but I bought like 20 years ago when it was your choice of Harris or some sort of Bass Pro level bullshit.

There’s better options, I’m willing to explore them.

The feet on the Harris roll forward if you try to load it at all. The rifle just rolls away from you. That’s my biggest complaint with it. But the tilt adjustment (assuming you do the Pod-Loc mod) is among the best I’ve used. With a Pod-Loc, the Harris is probably better on the tilt consistency than most others. But the little thumb wheel that comes on a stock Harris to adjust tilt tension is next to useless.

So I need to upgrade my bipod to something more sturdy and adaptable than a Harris.

What is the going consensus from the esteemed members of this establishment on a good all around general purpose bipod that plays nice with ARCA rail? I see lots of options, but have no direct experience with anything but Harris products.

I’ve read through some threads but still can’t make up my mind. Going to live on my AT-X whatever I choose.
Tbac atlas elite iron.

All good choices

Cyke pod if some gay gamer

If you only shoot off dirt spiked feet are awesome. If you shoot off the hood of your truck or your wood deck, get rubber feet.

Harris still works. Honestly it’s fine for everything but movers and crazy match barricades.

Ckye pod is pretty sweet but heavy and 2x more $ than it should be

I have all 3 but mostly prefer atlas

Though likely the slowest to deploy on the clock, I like my Accu-Tac.

-Stan

Reactions: Huskydriver
LRA has the 2nd nicest cant after the EI, IMHO. But I haven’t used the Accutac, just Harris, EI, Cal GenII, SCAL, and LRA lite tactical f-class.

Definitely take a hard look at the accutac. Very sturdy and about the only locking mechanism that actually locks your rifle down so it doesn't cant when you don't want it to. The elite iron also locks down well but apparently it's kind of bendy. 🤣

A3EF4842-3A7D-4649-BD7D-81EC00444679.gif

• Wow
Reactions: TheBigCountry
What is the trick to finding AW magazines?

Do they hit the market and get instantly gobbled up?

Does AI only make them once per year or some other type of schedule?

What is the pattern of life for these things?

I have in stock alerts setup at most of the normal places.

Thank you in advance.

-Stan

Thank you in advance.

-Stan

Uhhhhh......

Options in stock now.....

Reactions: RUN8 and hafejd30

Thank you in advance.

-Stan

They are only making ax style rifles now home skillet... allegedly draw your own conclusions

Thank you in advance.

-Stan
I was able to pick up 3 in the last month, just checked the places I got them and they are out of stock. It was short action precision and triad tactical so maybe not on your list.

Maybe try a WTB in the PX also. I bet a lot of people have 1 of 2 in a parts bin unused. Might have bought them to try with a AW cut custom but went back to AICS mags.

917CED7D-D705-4820-B8B9-BBFC334D876B.jpeg

Any of y’all shooting GM308M2 in your 24” barrels (unsuppressed…like a hero)? If so, what speeds are you seeing?

Reactions: brianf
Buy the AW mags with the lip (ax/atx), take dremel with cutoff wheel and put a slit down the center of the "lip". Now take a flat face hammer (jewlers hammer) and beat it flat. I have a few mags I've done this to and they have been running for years.
I have some new AW mags if anyone has atx mags and wants to trade

That seems like a lot of work and destruction

I have some new AW mags if anyone has atx mags and wants to trade

That seems like a lot of work and destruction
I'll snap a few pics when I get home of the finished product. It takes me longer to find where I put my damn dremel tool than it does to mod a few mags. As for destruction you are only putting the slit in the lip. The carbon disk is just the right thickness that when you hammer the flaps flush it's the perfect gap.

Shooting out of my 24" barreled AT and using my bud's Labradar, I measured an MV of 2656 with an SD of 10.9 (20 rounds consecutive).
IMG_0799.png

Reloads not factory..
I got 185 jugs to go 2730. No pressure signs. Didn’t get to try it out to 1k yards yet. I’m sure it’ll have no problem goin that distance.

26” AI barrel
Berger 185 JUGS #30418
Peterson .308 srp brass
46.2 gr CFE 223
cci 450 primers
coal 2.945 (just under mag length).
Garmin Xero

Reactions: M8541Reaper
View attachment 8342140
Reloads not factory..
I got 185 jugs to go 2730. No pressure signs. Didn’t get to try it out to 1k yards yet. I’m sure it’ll have no problem goin that distance.

26” AI barrel
Berger 185 JUGS #30418
Peterson .308 srp brass
46.2 gr CFE 223
cci 450 primers
coal 2.945 (just under mag length).
Garmin Xero
Very nice. Do you have a similar formula for 175 grain SMKs

Reactions: TheBigCountry
40.7 imr 4064 with a 175smk at 2.820 coal in lapua brass (41.7 in winchester) is my M118LR load. Does 2700 out of a 24" and 2560 out of a 19". Gupical groups out of the 19" and honestly any gun I've put them through with this load. (The black x one is truthfully not part of the group)

20240205_203709.jpg

Reactions: Nik H
40.7 imr 4064 with a 175smk at 2.820 coal in lapua brass (41.7 in winchester) is my M118LR load. Does 2700 out of a 24" and 2560 out of a 19". Gupical groups out of the 18" and honestly any gun I've put them through with this load. (The black x one is truthfully not part of the group)

View attachment 8342266
So maybe 2,800 fps out of a 26" barrel??

I don’t. Was going too, but the bc on the jugs looks better on paper then that of the 175 smk. So went with the jugs instead. Though, I did snag a box of 169 smk. Which has the same bc as the 175 smk. Should be able to get the 169’s close to 2800. 26” barrel 1:10 and reloads really gets the 185’s going though. Some use MR 2000 to get it in the 2700 plus range with a 20” barrel.

Reactions: Nik H
I don’t. Was going too, but the bc on the jugs looks better on paper then that of the 175 smk. So went with the jugs instead. Though, I did snag a box of 169 smk. Which has the same bc as the 175 smk. Should be able to get the 169’s close to 2800. 26” barrel 1:10 and reloads really gets the 185’s going though. Some use MR 2000 to get it in the 2700 plus range with a 20” barrel.
I can't blame you for going with the jugs