• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

Maybe if my wife wasn’t such a shitbag we’d already have a house on 200 acres in the mountains. But nooooooooooooooooo

It sucks at times. I have to go mow her lawn, and take care of her cattle, and even help her manage her vet clinic. Etc...

She even made me go to college for 7 years.

"A lot of people go to college for seven years."

"I know, they're called doctors." (I'm not).

ccecdb133dd6a4c66ff962bd3748ee7a.jpg

Wait... Is everyone else in this thread also sponsored by their wives? Should we have patches and membership cards made?

I knew when mine bought me a No. 4 Mk 1 (T), that she was "the one".

Actually, she put her foot down for the first time three days ago on my buying a Barrett MRAD in 300NM. Probably was looking out for my best interest because she doesn't want me associating with kids from 'that side of the railroad tracks'.

Ok but I want my wife's rank on the back above the number. I need to be addressed properly.
"TTH" (Team Trophy Husbands)

Underneath it can have "MBTY" (Mine's Bigger Than Yours).

Because mine sure didn't marry me for my face, charm, or ability to string together coherent sentences.
…let’s move this to a private message group so that way the non-sponsored plebs in this thread stop getting to see how sponsored royalty lives.
1710782149459.gif

I knew when mine bought me a No. 4 Mk 1 (T), that she was "the one".

Actually, she put her foot down for the first time three days ago on my buying a Barrett MRAD in 300NM. Probably was looking out for my best interest because she doesn't want me associating with kids from 'that side of the railroad tracks'.

Does she have a sister?

Not asking for a friend...:)

I’m “Team Self-Sponsored” but it would be nice to have my wife join in. If she did I’d have so many effing f/a MP5’s, AR’s, etc on any given day I wouldn’t know what to shoot! Hell I’d have a FFL biz right in my house and live on a 2000yd range of my own lol :rifle:

Hi guys. Just thought I'd post a pic of mine. It's actually a .243 Remington 700 action and barrel on an AI chassis. Timney 2 stage trigger. Wildcat predator 12 mod. Alas B10 bipod.
It's topped with a Hik Alpex A50E day/night scope and Weaver mounts.

Attachments

• 20240312_141317.jpg
    20240312_141317.jpg
    328.3 KB · Views: 97
Reactions: Criver600
Hi guys. Just thought I'd post a pic of mine. It's actually a .243 Remington 700 action and barrel on an AI chassis. Timney 2 stage trigger. Wildcat predator 12 mod. Alas B10 bipod.
It's topped with a Hik Alpex A50E day/night scope and Weaver mounts.
You and @BurtG could start your own thread…😁

The official “Not an AI pic thread”

But to answer your question… 3,158 since getting it in Dec 2022.

EDIT: I’m an idiot and put 2023 and not 2022 😂😂😂 that’s what I get for posting before 6am while chugging PWO.
Other than the barrel have you noticed any wear on anything? Broken any parts?

Other than the barrel have you noticed any wear on anything? Broken any parts?
Only damaged items were two of my three 308 mag baseplates. They cracked while doing a mag change (over concrete) at a match. I glued and taped them together so they’re really solid now 😂 MH ordered some spare plates so I’m waiting on those to come in.

Other than that, zero issues.

Wait no, I had a retaining pin of one of the QD levels for the cheek piece keep wiggling loose at like round 100. Little drop of super glue and never had movement since.

Everything is inspected before and after each range trip and then every ~6 months I tear it completely apart for a full cleaning/look over…or if it’s super dirty/muddy.

…and I just put my ZCO order in so it’s about to get new glass.

Reactions: taliv and Brym427
Only damaged items were two of my three 308 mag baseplates. They cracked while doing a mag change (over concrete) at a match. I glued and taped them together so they’re really solid now 😂 MH ordered some spare plates so I’m waiting on those to come in.

Other than that, zero issues.

Wait no, I had a retaining pin of one of the QD levels for the cheek piece keep wiggling loose at like round 100. Little drop of super glue and never had movement since.

Everything is inspected before and after each range trip and then every ~6 months I tear it completely apart for a full cleaning/look over…or if it’s super dirty/muddy.

…and I just put my ZCO order in so it’s about to get new glass.
Abandoning the NF….🥺

I love my ZCO. But I also love my 7-35 atacr

Abandoning the NF….🥺

I love my ZCO. But I also love my 7-35 atacr
I love my 735 Mil-XT too (...despite what Mr. Judgey McJudgerson @Huskydriver spews from his high castle of anti-NF snobbery)... So the wife got me a trigger cam for Christmas and has been asking me to record matches. Obviously I have been sayin I can't with the NF cause I can't let her see (AGAIN) how shitty I do at matches (other than the PractiScore results) after spending ALL OF THE MONEY on the AXSR.

So then she's like "well can't you get another scope that will work with it?" I said it would be X amount more. She said ok. ....Calling my bluff like a mother fucking smart beautiful woman who I love more than anything... #ShesAlwaysWatchingAndProbablyHasAnAccountHereJustToWatchMySpendingAndMatchResults
So I planned to get the SB 636 with the new tree reticle. Then someone said the ocular is larger and won't fit. Then the TT735 is apparently way bigger (based on their spec sheet). So I said "well the ZCO can work." she said ok cool.

So here I am. ZCO 10MIL NLE MPCT2X is on its way from MH. ...as is the Badger C1 Max because A419 is out of stock and I need this for the weekend.

I'll end up selling my MWS and M14 to fund this. I don't have the time to shoot them because I can't break away from the AI. ....regardless of my 260+rds a week or 20rds a week ahahhahahahaha

#FirstWorldProblemsOfAnOfficersWife

I love my 735 Mil-XT too (...despite what Mr. Judgey McJudgerson @Huskydriver spews from his high castle of anti-NF snobbery)... So the wife got me a trigger cam for Christmas and has been asking me to record matches. Obviously I have been sayin I can't with the NF cause I can't let her see (AGAIN) how shitty I do at matches (other than the PractiScore results) after spending ALL OF THE MONEY on the AXSR.

So then she's like "well can't you get another scope that will work with it?" I said it would be X amount more. She said ok. ....Calling my bluff like a mother fucking smart beautiful woman who I love more than anything... #ShesAlwaysWatchingAndProbablyHasAnAccountHereJustToWatchMySpendingAndMatchResults
So I planned to get the SB 636 with the new tree reticle. Then someone said the ocular is larger and won't fit. Then the TT735 is apparently way bigger (based on their spec sheet). So I said "well the ZCO can work." she said ok cool.

So here I am. ZCO 10MIL NLE MPCT2X is on its way from MH. ...as is the Badger C1 Max because A419 is out of stock and I need this for the weekend.

I'll end up selling my MWS and M14 to fund this. I don't have the time to shoot them because I can't break away from the AI. ....regardless of my 260+rds a week or 20rds a week ahahhahahahaha

#FirstWorldProblemsOfAnOfficersWife
I’ll say you do have the most legit reason to own the ZCO! Gotta keep the wife happy 😃 Both are legit optics obviously. You will appreciate the non rotating ocular. I have a triggercam as well. I use my stuff mainly for hunting. I’d zoom in or out with the triggercam on. But shoot on one specific magnification to keep the camera level. Kind of a PITA

• Haha
Reactions: M8541Reaper
Hey boys,
I think I’ve gotten every shade of FDE represented now! Lol
I sourced a RAL8000 Schmidt with the reticle (GR2ID) I really wanted for PRS from a member here on the Hide. My old 5-25 with a P4F was tough for wind holds.

Can’t wait to zero it and shoot a match next month. 🤙
850_3631.jpeg

Hey boys,
I sourced a RAL8000 Schmidt with the reticle (GR2ID) I really wanted for PRS from a member here on the Hide. My old 5-25 with a P4F was tough for wind holds.

View attachment 8376064
Hell yea man. I mean not about the color but getting out and running it at a match. I mean we all can’t be #ElitistSandPeople but your heart is in the right place 😘

Jk she’s purdy.
Fun fact, if you cut out the PRST’s center column and secure the plate, it takes A MASSIVE amount of slop out, even with a traditional ballhead. Did it to mine and stiffened it up a lot more. Nowhere near an RRS level of stability but 100% more than the factory PRST.

• Love
Reactions: Nostradumbass
I'm just happy to learn I'm not the only one who's hashtagwifesponsored.
I’ll say you do have the most legit reason to own the ZCO! Gotta keep the wife happy 😃 Both are legit optics obviously. You will appreciate the non rotating ocular. I have a triggercam as well. I use my stuff mainly for hunting. I’d zoom in or out with the triggercam on. But shoot on one specific magnification to keep the camera level. Kind of a PITA
Haha it’s pretty legit. Yea I tried using the TC on a few range trips now but constant canted image just from turning it on let alone moving through positions. The slightest touch moves it. So I’m pretty stoked about the ZCO. I’ll actually be able to do a side by side and get actual first hand knowledge on which is better vs having the internet tell me.

Spoiled husbands are still husbands.

Attachments

• 1710816168900.gif
    1710816168900.gif
    162.7 KB · Views: 35
Reactions: Huskydriver
Hell yea man. I mean not about the color but getting out and running it at a match. I mean we all can’t be #ElitistSandPeople but your heart is in the right place 😘

Jk she’s purdy.
Fun fact, if you cut out the PRST’s center column and secure the plate, it takes A MASSIVE amount of slop out, even with a traditional ballhead. Did it to mine and stiffened it up a lot more. Nowhere near an RRS level of stability but 100% more than the factory PRST.
Dude!
I’ve got to do that with my PRST. Hadn’t thought about it before…. Thanks!!!

Haha it’s pretty legit. Yea I tried using the TC on a few range trips now but constant canted image just from turning it on let alone moving through positions. The slightest touch moves it. So I’m pretty stoked about the ZCO. I’ll actually be able to do a side by side and get actual first hand knowledge on which is better vs having the internet tell me.

Spoiled husbands are still husbands.
I compared my 527 and 735 side by side here in low light. ZCO edges the NF. I also threw an Arken EP5 into the mix as well

Hey boys,

View attachment 8376064
Got that scar type vibe going

Is 6br not a thing anymore ? I have a barrel listed cheaper than the last one I seent sold and no bites nothing

Is 6br not a thing anymore ? I have a barrel listed cheaper than the last one I seent sold and no bites nothing
There's probably not too many 6 BR shooters for AI's. Those that shoot 6 BR and wildcats are also split up further between BR, BRA, Dasher. And I personally wouldn't value a used barrel much vs just getting a new barrel where I'm sure of its history. Only reason to get a used barrel is if it's cheap cheap cheap!

Question about SA Magnum choices for the AIAT….I sent my extra bolt to Fritz this morning. I mostly see 6.5PRC or 300 WSM is one better than the either? Any different suggestions to consider? I run a DeadAir Sandman S on my AT if that makes any difference….

Question about SA Magnum choices for the AIAT….I sent my extra bolt to Fritz this morning. I mostly see 6.5PRC or 300 WSM is one better than the either? Any different suggestions to consider? I run a DeadAir Sandman S on my AT if that makes any difference….
I have a SA mag ATX. I went with a 6.5 PRC first, S'Ok for whatever reasons I'm always struggling with mag length vs jump. I'm also setup for 7mm Sherman short, I don't have a barrel yet but I'm thinking it's going to be a better SA Mag choice.

I have a SA mag ATX. I went with a 6.5 PRC first, S'Ok for whatever reasons I'm always struggling with mag length vs jump. I'm also setup for 7mm Sherman short, I don't have a barrel yet but I'm thinking it's going to be a better SA Mag choice.
Never even heard of a 7mm Sherman …. Right now my barrel is 6.5cm with the COL at 2.8 I will start looking at those limitations … did you give 300wsm a look? If so why didn’t you go that direction?

I’d go 7 SAUM if I stepped up to a mag bolt face.

Never even heard of a 7mm Sherman …. Right now my barrel is 6.5cm with the COL at 2.8 I will start looking at those limitations … did you give 300wsm a look? If so why didn’t you go that direction?
I never looked at 300 WSM because I think it's a long case and for shooting heavy projectiles would not fit in a short action mag. I'd guess it's a great hunting option but poor target option for a mag fed short action. Probably a solid choice for medium action. However I don't know much about 300 WSM so maybe my assessment is wrong, and now Lapua is going to start making brass for it...

I never looked at 300 WSM because I think it's a long case and for shooting heavy projectiles would not fit in a short action mag. I'd guess it's a great hunting option but poor target option for a mag fed short action. Probably a solid choice for medium action. However I don't know much about 300 WSM so maybe my assessment is wrong, and now Lapua is going to start making brass for it...
300 WSM is a short Magnum...300WM is long....Thats why I was thinking about it, The ballistics look good from my limited experience...

The 300wsm is one of my favorite short action cartridges. But there are probably better target rounds out there. I shoot 210gr bergers at 2800fps. Guessing I could probably get more fps if I tried other powders.

6.5 PRC performs really well and still kinda ideal in a SA with Saami spec chamber in these guns with factory ammo. The hornady factory rounds, you can't really seat them out farther anyways. So having a COAL of a XM action is no good unless your throating it out. For something like the 156s and saami chamber you could technically seat them further but it's pretty impressive at 2.970 COAL anyways.

For reference, a 22 inch 6.5 PRC and factory 143eldx is 2925 fps. Pretty easy to get handloads in the 3k range with 22-24 inch tubes with certain powders and 156s. Even 18" barrels and 156s are impressive. 20-22 is my sweet spot I prefer on the 6.5PRC.

I have built 5 different personal AIs and probably 20 or so for customers with Magnum bolt faces, and all have been in 6.5PRC and or a combo with 300wsm.