• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

56257DA2-52CC-46BD-845E-8007091DD30B.gif

Getting terrible at shooting here in my twilight years. Hunting rifle doing all the work as usual

5937E5F5-757B-4A35-8881-E370CABF0EA6.jpeg

257E728D-4E73-418C-8AF6-83F42360E271.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: TheBigCountry
So I did a thing and it worked out pretty decent.

I was able to snatch an Accuracy International AICS 1.5 Legacy chassis at a killer price(450 dollars). It had some years under its belt and was kind of rough and had the most insanely solid spraypaint on it initially. Bolts were also mostly chewd to bits… The alu-chassis was in prestine condition, other than som dust, but the panels needed som work. Nothing worked(aceton etc) to remove the paint, so I had to use more heavy tools to get it back to its original color. Im like 100% i will rattlecan it further down the road but I wanted to bring back to life the original color as a base atleast. Fortunate to have glass-blasting equipment available, and that work like magic. The final pieces are still curing(kind of shiny in wet fase) so will update again when they are fully cured🤓

Before:
View attachment 8379690View attachment 8379703
After glass-blasting
View attachment 8379704View attachment 8379705View attachment 8379706View attachment 8379707
After applying trim coat:

View attachment 8379708View attachment 8379709View attachment 8379710View attachment 8379757
Sooo here is the assembled Accuracy International 1.5 Legacy AICS chassis after refurbishment. Got a new fresh "paint" and new bolts to bring it back to its factory new state. Really happy with the end result :-D

Attachments

• 433059268_723018869911596_7734437118041985927_n.jpg
    433059268_723018869911596_7734437118041985927_n.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 59
  • 433727124_1319423372071318_4221686427283324394_n.jpg
    433727124_1319423372071318_4221686427283324394_n.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 63
ES is definitely the best base color for painting.
Just finished a seating depth test for my 300 NM with 250 ATips and 91gr of RE50 at 2901 fps.
This 300NM barrel shot below 0.6 MOA for the first time, but it had 2 groups in the 0.3s, 3 in the 0.4-0.5, and 1 group at 0.11 MOA, which is what I finished at. I may have to load a few more rounds to confirm I'm in the middle of an accuracy node, but mostly, I just want to load that seating depth and start gathering data.

20240402_120042.jpg

looks like L3 SPEAR
Similar to the SPEAR just made for Sniper Role vs Squad Weapon Role. Has a better illuminator and a little tighter beam divergence on LRF plus a couple other small features.

Reactions: Rhed
ES is definitely the best base color for painting.
Just finished a seating depth test for my 300 NM with 250 ATips and 91gr of RE50 at 2901 fps.
This 300NM barrel shot below 0.6 MOA for the first time, but it had 2 groups in the 0.3s, 3 in the 0.4-0.5, and 1 group at 0.11 MOA, which is what I finished at. I may have to load a few more rounds to confirm I'm in the middle of an accuracy node, but mostly, I just want to load that seating depth and start gathering data.

View attachment 8387447
Very cool. Other than being left hand that’s almost identical to how mine will be set up. Got the same suppressor etc. even the same bag lol. I plan to krylon it when I get scope mounted too. Hope mine shoots that good.

Similar to the SPEAR just made for Sniper Role vs Squad Weapon Role. Has a better illuminator and a little tighter beam divergence on LRF plus a couple other small features.
Yea I know the L3's range finder wavelength is much higher then most mil spec wmrf. 1570nm vs 1550nm. My Raptar S is 1550nm. You have a nice and rare unit there my friend..

Very cool. Other than being left hand that’s almost identical to how mine will be set up. Got the same suppressor etc. even the same bag lol. I plan to krylon it when I get scope mounted too. Hope mine shoots that good.
LH? Look again. Bolt release is on the left side

It's a good choice of gear. AXSR w/ TBAC 338SR U, TBAC bipod, atacr 7-35, vortex impact and AG game changer schmedium. I don't know how you manage without a can cover, I live in a warm climate and covers are a necessity and barrel cooling fans help.
1000005632.jpg

It's a good choice of gear. AXSR w/ TBAC 338SR U, TBAC bipod, atacr 7-35, vortex impact and AG game changer schmedium. I don't know how you manage without a can cover, I live in a warm climate and covers are a necessity and barrel cooling fans help.
I typically use a Modtac M2010 shield on my 338 Ultra SR with the 308 Win, but have had it shift under recoil with the 300 NM. I do need to pick up a new cover for the suppressor. It was 77* when I was shooting today, it's too hot this early.

Reactions: TylerN
Nice rifle
Can i ask what are you writing there
Velocities in the log book since I was doing some load development that day. And earlier before load dev, I was shooting an already developed load so I have a simple range card written out on my cheat sheet that I was using so I can engage different targets without having to pull out a kestrel or phone each time to check the elevation.

Midway had a Red AT-X in 6.5CM at good price, impulse buy and now it's sitting next to me.

I always liked angled bag rider, so I can adjust the rifle not only via squeezing the bag, but also by moving the bag front and back. The bottom is smooth enough to easily slide the bean bag forward band backward to adjust height, yet has enough friction to hold the rifle in place how you left it.

1711857119198-png.8385444

1711912109470-png.8385795

1711912134781-png.8385796

I just got all the hardware for final assembly and put it on the webstore: https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/rear-bag-rider-for-ai-at-x-axmc.7213912/

I have two different variants for AT-X and AXMC, I think the AXMC version should work on AXSR/AXSA, but if you have one of those and willing to do some measurement for me, I'd be happy to send you one free of charge!

Reactions: derek1ee
Question about SA Magnum choices for the AIAT….I sent my extra bolt to Fritz this morning. I mostly see 6.5PRC or 300 WSM is one better than the either? Any different suggestions to consider? I run a DeadAir Sandman S on my AT if that makes any difference….
I built a 6.5 PRC for elk hunting....Big horn TL3 with Proof CF barrel (prefit). it shoots great 156 Berger ELH over H1000 .2 moa @ 2950 fps. Took a cow elk at 330 yards she only went about 30 yds. I have a Banish backcountry suppressor on it. For whatever reason, I decided to change out the barrel to a 300 WSM (bigger is better right). Load 190 gr Berger VLD over H4350 .3 moa @ 2880 fps. Shot a cow at 280yds.DRT Both will do the job but the 300WSM has considerably more power and recoil. The banish works well with PRC not as much with WSM I like them both...I use the PRC for deer and antelope and WSM for elk.

Reactions: LONG RNG
Anyone here know of anyone who makes a rubber pad that covers the AXSR 308 mag’s baseplate? To keep it from cracking when reloading over rocks/concrete? I coulda sworn I seen a post with some sort of rubber baseplate thing on some mags a year or two ago.

I know it's a long shot (no pun intended), but I am looking for a 300 (.540 bolt face) for the AXMC in Left Hand configuration. I have the 308 and 585 bolt bodies. I want to get into the 300PRC or 300WM. I reached out to MHSA, Mountic, and Eurooptic and all say none available. If anyone has a line on one please let me know. Thank you all in advance.

• Haha
Reactions: Huskydriver
I know it's a long shot (no pun intended), but I am looking for a 300 (.540 bolt face) for the AXMC in Left Hand configuration. I have the 308 and 585 bolt bodies. I want to get into the 300PRC or 300WM. I reached out to MHSA, Mountic, and Eurooptic and all say none available. If anyone has a line on one please let me know. Thank you all in advance.
Nik H I think is on year 7 waiting for his 😁

Yes he and I have been in contact. Both of us are hoping to source 1 for each of us. Thought I would throw it out here in the AI thread to see what happens.

Your better off having one have yourself lol

I have had one on order from EO for 14 months and was just told "It will never happen".

Our only hope is to find a used one or buy an AXSR.

Last edited:
So they are pretty much saying “screw yall” if you need parts or a spare bolt? That’s the message I’m getting

They sell spare parts in fully assembled kits now. You just have to upgrade to the new model every few years. 😄

At this point, it would take a lot to convince me that this isn't a conscious decision by those in power at AI. I'm certainly glad I own an AI, as it allows me to come in here and participate in the #1s touching that goes on...but I think out of self-preservation, my next purchase will be something I can more easily source spare parts for.

They sell spare parts in fully assembled kits now. You just have to upgrade to the new model every few years. 😄

At this point, it would take a lot to convince me that this isn't a conscious decision by those in power at AI. I'm certainly glad I own an AI, as it allows me to come in here and participate in the #1s touching that goes on...but I think out of self-preservation, my next purchase will be something I can more easily source spare parts for.
I don’t think your wrong at all

If AI is on here, maybe they need to do some explaining and/or own that they are pushing a lot of their customers elsewhere

That is unless they really don’t give a damn

I think that is the case.

It’s like pulling teeth getting them to make enough conon accessories like hinges etc

All these gov contract F’s don’t GAF about us

They adopt the HK attitude. “Because we hate you , and you suck”
It’s sad but like JHam and others said

They don’t give a damn

My AT may be seeking a new home.