• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

@RoterJager and my AXMC’s
29FA4647-F40A-4044-9733-D3D32D24B518.png
29FA4647-F40A-4044-9733-D3D32D24B518.png
9CD96B0E-A231-4EF6-9008-B9F2B727CA0E.png
B1E50197-E6EC-4C9F-B308-E6B2898E9050.png
194B9B25-AEB8-44B7-97A2-EDAD8F1DB4F9.png
4547E217-EE27-436D-ACB8-DA164B24F50B.png

So I’m going to try and call MHSA today or Monday and update my AT package through them. Before I do, are there ANY rumors or talk of a new rifle from AI coming next year?

Currently 100% on to an AIAT, but am wondering with the release of the new trigger if AI has anything else lurking just around the corner? Any validations for this though?

I had the same concern, but still went with an AT. After some reading, the AW came out in the 80’s and the AE in 2001. The 2014 revisions are pretty damn fresh if looking at the history of AI.

Reactions: PBWalsh
Rumor has it that either the New AT will include the post 14 AX rear end, or that the upgrade will be released for the AT, not sure which one.

Reactions: Basher
Rumor has it that either the New AT will include the post 14 AX rear end, or that the upgrade will be released for the AT, not sure which one.

Part numbers for the AX buttstock only to install on the AE/AW/AT or pre-2014 AX are already out there. They're about $820 each, available in the usual colors (black, pale brown, sage green.) Part numbers are 28519BL, 28519PB, and 28519GR. It's not cheap, but much less expensive than buying an AX AICS and robbing the buttstock from it which was previously your only option.

I just picked up my new to me AX last night; in the past I've had several R700's in AICS, 2x AE Mk 3's, and still have an AT. Always felt comfy behind the "standard" AI stocks and didn't think the AX would be much different ergonomically and worth the price delta between the AT.

However, after getting the scope mounted last night and playing with the rifle some but I have to admit that the AX buttstock is comfy and nice. The quick adjust is a plus. The AX cheekrest shape feels better and the adjustable buttpad is handy as the rifle is more comfy with the buttpad raised and canted slightly. And in those rare instances where you make take an offhand shot the AX front grip is much more comfy. I'm now thinking about selling my AT and buying a second AX, LOL!

My AT is setup in 6 Dasher and the AX in 6.5 Creedmoor. I know the barrels can be swapped in a couple minutes, but I hate swapping barrels and rezeroing at the range... I much prefer to have a dedicated rifle ready to go even if that means spending a bunch more money...

Last edited:
Reactions: Basher
Can you elaborate more on this? I enjoy sling shooting.

Offhand shots with something as heavy as my AT or AX isn't what I would call pleasant, but with the AX I find the front grip placement and shape much more comfortable in my hand than the front of the stock on the AT.

For typical prone sling shooting, I don't think the AX handgrip is in the right spot, at least not for me. You'd want a handhold further forward closer to the front sling attachment point and grip; the handguard would work and it's easy to move the QD sockets around on the AX handguard. For offhand sling supported shooting though the AX grip is in a pretty good spot IMO. Again, neither my AT or AX are something I'd want to shoot offhand or with a sling on a regular basis... just too damn heavy for me.

Well, just bought my first part towards my AIAT package! A used NV mount and pic rail from @dskoruppa. Should be here next week. Buying this used saved me a good bit of money.

Now I have scope and NV mount, just a Sawtooth rail, Spuhr mount, Atlas, AIAT, and a few other accessories away.

Reactions: kRcu
Hi all, I have just received my AI AT in 308, I absolutely love it. Shot a comp on the weekend and it ran flawlessly. I looking for some info on whether the AT has been issued/adopted by any military unit, anywhere in the world. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

For anyone interested my rifle:
26” 1:12 OEM barrel with AI muzzle break (non tactical)
Schmidt & Bender 5-20 ultrashort scope in Seekins high rings
Atlas H5 bipod QD attached to 3 1/2” pic rail (front)
Rifles only buggy sling
Weibad mini tac pad rear bag
Manfrotto 055 tripod with pig saddle
Shooting-
155.5gn pointed HBC projectiles
Lapua 308win brass
Federal large rifle primers
42.5gn ADI 2208 powder
MV 2840
Producing 0.3” at 100m from prone with bipod and rear bag
All carried in an Accuracy International Maverick drag bag

Reactions: PBWalsh and kRcu
are there actually 308/300/338 lefty bolts available?

I called AI today. They still have no timetable for replacement left hand 308 long action bolts for left handed AXMCs. I want a left hand AXMC in 338, but will probably do the majority of my shooting in 6.5 creedmore. So until the bolts are available, this project sits on the back burner...

I called AI today. They still have no timetable for replacement left hand 308 long action bolts for left handed AXMCs. I want a left hand AXMC in 338, but will probably do the majority of my shooting in 6.5 creedmore. So until the bolts are available, this project sits on the back burner...
That's a bummer. Not that I'm in the market for one, but it seems as though making the LH bolt heads would be a minimal effort since they already have the 300 WM lefty bolt. I'm sure the quantities on the LH AXMC are very low compared to their RH models. I'm glad they appear to be supporting lefties in earnest with the AT and AX308 though.

Where can I get pale brown or FDE skins for a pre-2014 AIAX? Struggling to find those specifically.

Are all the new AX's SFP or do I need to ask about this when I order? Are there any other specifics to inquire about when buying a new SA AX? I would appreciate any help with this and thank you!

Not a pic but a question to you AI experts - anyone know someone that makes/sells 20 moa rail for AI AW?

IIRC, the original AW's with the optional picatinny rails had a dovetail to picatinny adapter rail that was bonded and screwed to the receiver. Is the top of your AW drilled and tapped for a rail?

If AI is no longer making the AW dovetail to picatinny rails, I'd give Murphy Precision a ring... I bet Cameron can make you one.

Last edited:
Reactions: nfoley
Got my NV rail in for the night vision I’ll probably never afford! Actually am putting AI’s flip up front sight on there at some point... and its cool.

Anyways, is this the correct direction for the rail (note the <20 marking)?
E880B7C2-C1D1-40C8-A4E6-F214DF06CB35.jpeg

Yes, muzzle to the left right. I wonder if it will help with heat mirage off the barrel?

Last edited:
I appreciate it, but in my package deal, the rail is actually cheaper if you can believe it.

If you can get into a MHSA armorers class, it’s well worth the time and money. Adam is a great instructor and gunsmith. You’ll learn more about your AI than you can imagine.

Ok for one who doesn’t own an AIAT and trying to learn about it, it is helpful to me at the very least.

If you can get into a MHSA armorers class, it’s well worth the time and money. Adam is a great instructor and gunsmith. You’ll learn more about your AI than you can imagine.

What did you find as the best takeaways? My FIL is looking to come into town and take it with me sometime, as MHS is a few miles from me.

Personally, I liked the fact that Adam isn’t hesitant about taking the gun down past a level that normal folks should. He goes through everything, even several items not in the armorer’s manual, and shows you the tricks that make life a lot easier when working on these guns.

As Adam is a gun guy and competitive shooter, his personal experience combined with the factory knowledge makes for an awesome class.

Reactions: kRcu
Well, that blows. I've been following along and thought I'd check to see how much the AI course costs. Turns out, there are two classes mid-September that are 15min from me here in Chandler, but they're MIL/LEO only... :cry:

Couldn't shoot because of the fire danger, but it finally rained!!! Oh and I'm loving the new comp triggers. Makes already awesome rifles more fun. And Accurate Ordnance prefits are absolute hammers. Probably the most accurate barrel I've ever had. About 350 rounds in and the barrel settled in at 3030 with factory Hornady 108 ELD ammunition and I'm getting low teen SDs.

NCJLoQLl.jpg

Last edited:
@Basher

Being LE is fun though, steady job and very stable. Definitely recommend!??

Hahaha. I thought about it when I was much younger. I decided, however, that I would not be able to handle dealing with stupid people all day long, nor the stress. :LOL:

All that aside, it would be pretty tough to find my way into the LE world between now and mid-September! :ROFLMAO:

There's the "dollar a year" deputy..........and ask the chief/sheriff to let you attend?

For those that have a spigot rail, what brand are you using and do you like it? I'd like to get a spigot picatinny rail that I can mount my Harris to and I'm just looking for the best option.

For those that have a spigot rail, what brand are you using and do you like it? I'd like to get a spigot picatinny rail that I can mount my Harris to and I'm just looking for the best option.

Long story short: if you’re willing to wait, I’ll be making more of these at some point, possibly by partnering with a known manufacturer. If not, your best bet is the B&T spigot mount with pic rail, although there may be some wiggle.

https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/replace-aics-spigot-with-rail.6876765/