• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

How long do you imagine it'll be before you do another run of them?
30D04A29-BACC-49CE-A8E0-900B194E2271.gif

Lol! Sorry I don’t have a definitive timeline, wish I had more details but I don’t. Obviously I still have the picatinny version locked and loaded, and now have a prototype of the Arca Swiss variant. I’m hopeful that I’ll be moving forward one way or another this fall.

How long do you imagine it'll be before you do another run of them?

Nate, I'm using an Atlas PSR on a B&T Spigot for my AT. It locks up extremely solid with absolutely no wiggle and no struggle to remove it. I went with a direct mount vs. a pic rail but the principle is the same. I'd be interested to see what Sam comes out with for Arca Swiss. I have a old gen RRS plate I'm going to try for a bit to help ride a bag better. The Sawtooth and new RRS are interesting with the Arca slide mount, but I've never felt like I needed my bipod further back than I was able to achieve with my Atlas in a rearward 45* angle with the legs extended.

Reactions: davidwiz
For those that have a spigot rail, what brand are you using and do you like it? I'd like to get a spigot picatinny rail that I can mount my Harris to and I'm just looking for the best option.
For what its worth, I used the B&T spigot for several years on my AT. I switched this year a RRS dovetail mount on my Atlas because the wiggle just annoyed me. I could never get my bipod to stay level. There was enough side to side wobble that even when the cant in the bipod was stiff the spigot wiggled like was mentioned.

For what its worth, I used the B&T spigot for several years on my AT. I switched this year a RRS dovetail mount on my Atlas because the wiggle just annoyed me. I could never get my bipod to stay level. There was enough side to side wobble that even when the cant in the bipod was stiff the spigot wiggled like was mentioned.
Sounds like I'll wait for him to do another run of the spigot mounts done right.

Reactions: Basher
Guys I need some help. I’m at the range and sighting in my AIAX with a new 6.5 factory AI barrel from Euro. It has a APA little on it and it’s tight.
After 10rds the cases started not ejecting when I ran the bolt. Every time it happened. The brass is pictured below with the primer sticking waaaaay out.

This is brand new factory Ammo from MHS and it is happening with the hornady 6.5 140ELD Match and the 147 ELd Match.
Ideas, thoughts?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    240.8 KB · Views: 116
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    830.3 KB · Views: 121
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    486.1 KB · Views: 110
Guys I need some help. I’m at the range and sighting in my AIAX with a new 6.5 factory AI barrel from Euro. It has a APA little on it and it’s tight.
After 10rds the cases started not ejecting when I ran the bolt. Every time it happened. The brass is pictured below with the primer sticking waaaaay out.

This is brand new factory Ammo from MHS and it is happening with the hornady 6.5 140ELD Match and the 147 ELd Match.
Ideas, thoughts?

If it's a post-14, is your barrel screwed in all the way before torquing it down? How did the first 10 pieces of brass look?

First 10 looked great and normal. Function as usual and no issues whatsoever. Barrel is tight and with the correct torque with my Borka tools.

Cancel the alarm. I’m fucked up I figured it out. I contacted my son who took it out and he put a .308 barrel on it and didn’t tell me because I have a bunch of .308 ammo and I wouldn’t know some was missing.

All is well in the hood now. Time to paint the .308 barrel a different color

Reactions: Aaron47pb
Cancel the alarm. I’m fucked up I figured it out. I contacted my son who took it out and he put a .308 barrel on it and didn’t tell me because I have a bunch of .308 ammo and I wouldn’t know some was missing.

Damn!!! That could’ve been an expensive mistake!! Good thing these rifles are apparently wrong cartridge proof too

Interesting fire-forming technique!

I think you should paint the barrel Blaze Pink Camo, especially since it's your son that seems to want to take it out and secretly shoot your ammo through it! At least that way he'll get some attention when he's sneaking around with your rifle and ammo :ROFLMAO:

Might consider placing your son in your safe as a means to protect your rifle.

Reactions: Diesel65

I'm in the process of ordering an AI and I was getting worried. That's quite an ending to this saga.

Did he have more than one, or actually take the mount off because he didn't use it?
It came on an AT chassis he purchased here for his trainer. He must use an AI spigot on his AT, as he wanted my spigot block for the trainer.

I have since successfully changed the combo on the safe. He did tell me he was going shooting with his buddies but not with my AI AX.
The 6.5 seemed to ping pong down the barrel and I am concerned the rifling may be damaged, but at least it didn't blow up in my face. What keyed me off was that I would get one hit on paper the next would be in the dirt. Then a solid look at the casings, and then what would cause all of it, silly stopping and taking the time to figure out what is wrong, and taking the steps to fix it.

Tip of the hat to AI for building a stout firearm that can shoot, on my own accord, the wrong caliber and still function. DO NOT do it, just saying that I dogged a bullet and no pun intended there. Literally I did just that.

It shot fantastic with the correct .308 in it still shooting sub Moa, but I don't have the pic to prove it as I was in a rush to get back home to the spousal unit and her honeydo list. I go back on duty tomorrow so I cant shoot again for a bit, but I think I figured it out. The brass from the 10rds has already made it into the trash and will never be reloaded or used again.

Im thinking good karma helped me out on this one and that AI builds a good rifle, but take this gentlemen, be careful. Double check your gear and rifle each time.

Reactions: Movistar and kRcu
I once had a buddy put a full mag of 9mm through a Beretta 96 (.40S&W) I used to own. He had to manually cycle each round, and never caught on that something could be wrong. :unsure:

I was watching from a distance, wondering what the heck he was doing. Once I asked him about it, I realized what had happened. I may still have some of the recovered projectiles somewhere. They were more marre up by hitting rocks than they were from the rifling in the barrel! :ROFLMAO: Gun still shot like a champ after that. I think it'll be fine, but I clearly wouldn't advise trying it again!

I’m glad I took the time to think about what may be going on and deduce the possibilities. Additionally I’m glad that AI builds a rifle that didn’t blow up in my face.

Take the time to check and recheck your gear. As well as I thought I knew mine I didn’t and made a critical error.

I preach this all the time at work in my Spc Ops Division. Now I have to eat some humble pie and know I too am human and capable of making a mistake. Don’t be me gentlemen.

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming. ......

Sticking a little bit of grip tape on the mating surfaces (front of the chassis and on the back of the Atlas spigot adapter) will take out that little bit of rock; the grip tape gives just enough friction to stop the wiggle.

It's a good interim solution until you get one of Sam's blocks, which are a much better solution and rock solid.

Last edited:
Reactions: Basher
AIAT, 12 twist bbl, do these barrels favor any particular bullet/load in factory form?

155.5gn HBC projectiles, 168gn RUAG loaded ammo and 175gn Berger’s all work fine in mine

I have since successfully changed the combo on the safe. He did tell me he was going shooting with his buddies but not with my AI AX.
The 6.5 seemed to ping pong down the barrel and I am concerned the rifling may be damaged, but at least it didn't blow up in my face. What keyed me off was that I would get one hit on paper the next would be in the dirt. Then a solid look at the casings, and then what would cause all of it, silly stopping and taking the time to figure out what is wrong, and taking the steps to fix it.

Tip of the hat to AI for building a stout firearm that can shoot, on my own accord, the wrong caliber and still function. DO NOT do it, just saying that I dogged a bullet and no pun intended there. Literally I did just that.

It shot fantastic with the correct .308 in it still shooting sub Moa, but I don't have the pic to prove it as I was in a rush to get back home to the spousal unit and her honeydo list. I go back on duty tomorrow so I cant shoot again for a bit, but I think I figured it out. The brass from the 10rds has already made it into the trash and will never be reloaded or used again.

Im thinking good karma helped me out on this one and that AI builds a good rifle, but take this gentlemen, be careful. Double check your gear and rifle each time.

Happens to the best of us, once shot a .270 through my 30-06 cause there were a couple .270 rounds in the box of 30-06 that got mixed in. It was like a pop and no kick, i checked the brass and sure enough it was labeled .270. Solved it by selling the wife's .270 and getting rid of everything .270 she now has a 6.5.

Reactions: Tack425
My 1:12 AI barrel shoots 155gr, 168gr, and 175gr bullets extremely well. I haven't tried anything heavier.

Reactions: Luvman
Just got my new AI transit case for folded rifle.

It takes a folded AXMC with up to 27" barrel with brake and with room for a complete caliber conversion kit, including 27" barrel, bolt, magazine well insert and 4 extra magazines.

Other cuts are for: Suppressor, sling, 4 magazines, rear hand support, butt spacers and screws, honeycomb flash killer and the large section is for the original AI cleaning kit which comes as a tool roll.

Transit-case.jpg
Completed.JPG

Just got my new AI transit case for folded rifle.

It takes a folded AXMC with up to 27" barrel with brake and with room for a complete caliber conversion kit, including 27" barrel, bolt, magazine well insert and 4 extra magazines.

Other cuts are for: Suppressor, sling, 4 magazines, rear hand support, butt spacers and screws, honeycomb flash killer and the large section is for the original AI cleaning kit which comes as a tool roll.

View attachment 6941488View attachment 6941490

Awesome! Link? Price?

It is an original Accuracy International transit case, part no. 27551, so any US distributor should be able to order it.
Comes in black, green and dark earth.
Got mine in the UK from Sporting Services who ordered it from the factory.

Don't know the US price but the UK price ex. VAT is £449

Happens to the best of us, once shot a .270 through my 30-06 cause there were a couple .270 rounds in the box of 30-06 that got mixed in. It was like a pop and no kick, i checked the brass and sure enough it was labeled .270. Solved it by selling the wife's .270 and getting rid of everything .270 she now has a 6.5.

Back in the day, I was working for a nationally known gunsmith and one day we went to the range to test-fire some 1911s that were being worked on/built. Somehow, the .40 S&W ammo got mixed up with the .45acp ammo and some .40 got shot out of a .45. Accuracy was very poor, but the .45 feed and cycled the .40 ammo just fine, the new, necked-up .40 brass was impressive.