• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

D305B5A4-D437-444F-AFF8-3A22B9E30E57.jpeg

You guys are killing me. Wanna trade for a slightly used AT? Even up of course

I do plan to pick up an 18” 6.5CM for mine. I currently only have regular access to 350yds and .308 match ammo can be found cheap so all my funds have been better spent on ammo and trigger time.

You guys are killing me. Wanna trade for a slightly used AT? Even up of course

I do plan to pick up an 18” 6.5CM for mine. I currently only have regular access to 350yds and .308 match ammo can be found cheap so all my funds have been better spent on ammo and trigger time.

@beenjammin may trade you. Hit him up.

Just got a really nice condition 2012 AX338. Keep the paint or strip it? Never stripped the paint off a rifle, so tempted just to live with it.

Last edited:
So what is the trick to getting decent patterns? I've never rattle canned a rifle.

And then on the other hand, what's the trick to stripping a rattle canned rifle?

So what is the trick to getting decent patterns? I've never rattle canned a rifle.

And then on the other hand, what's the trick to stripping a rattle canned rifle?

Citristrip works well to remove.

Please don’t fishnet if you add camo..pls, no. I’ve always been more partial to the Pat Rogers camo method, but not sure if that’s more of an AR type thing.

Last edited:
Citristrip works well to remove.

Please don’t fishnet if you add camo..pls, no. I’ve always been more partial to the Pat Rogers camo method, but not sure if that’s more of an AR type thing.

Fishnet camo works perfectly where I live. I guess it just depends on your environment

Just bought my AX short action. The bolt lift seems a bit heavy but it's been so long since I've handled one I can't remember if it's normal. It's brand new so maybe that's a part of it. The bolt finish looks a bit thin/worn but it's obviously NIB. I know they are test fired at the factory. Very smooth though, and quite pretty - Elite sand. This all sound normal to you aficionados?

Just bought my AX short action. The bolt lift seems a bit heavy but it's been so long since I've handled one I can't remember if it's normal. It's brand new so maybe that's a part of it. The bolt finish looks a bit thin/worn but it's obviously NIB. I know they are test fired at the factory. Very smooth though, and quite pretty - Elite sand. This all sound normal to you aficionados?

Sounds normal. Post pics of that beauty when you get it

Put the safety on to the first Position and see if it makes any difference, on mine the resistance comes from cocking the firing pin.
Good taste on colors!

Yes, first safety position feels like butter on a skillet. I was just a bit concerned about the heavy bolt lift for cocking and chambering. After a few dry fire runs it is getting a little better. Pics to come.

Yes, first safety position feels like butter on a skillet. I was just a bit concerned about the heavy bolt lift for cocking and chambering. After a few dry fire runs it is getting a little better. Pics to come.

My AT is the same way and it's getting better with use. With 220rds down through it the difference is noticeable. I put a light coating of moly grease on the lugs and bolt on mine. That helped as well. I use moly because it stays put and doesn't seem to attract dirt.

Last edited:
This is my way of having an AI rifle. It began as a Remington 700 5R milspec (one of the very first ones) mounted into an AICS thumbhole stock. The flat on the bottom of the stock is perfect for both F Class and bench shooting.
I'll soon be rechambering for a .260 with the trued action and competition profile. Going back into F Class.

Grease the lugs and spend an hour or two dry firing over the next couple of days. Prior to shooting - wipe the grease out.

Our AX MC has some fairly heavy bolt lift too. We only have 50 rounds down the tube so far but also a few hundred dry fires. I can't tell that it's loosened yet. I guess I should try the lug grease plus dry fire routine, it just hasn't been an issue yet. I'm still too busy smiling at it.

Not my gun but I was able to hang with my tikka

Attachments

• 61E16F0A-15BA-42E0-BC43-3C13C8BD8C8E.jpeg
    61E16F0A-15BA-42E0-BC43-3C13C8BD8C8E.jpeg
    348.7 KB · Views: 118
  • 85B03A42-97BF-46B2-AA96-D07F5000264A.jpeg
    85B03A42-97BF-46B2-AA96-D07F5000264A.jpeg
    352.4 KB · Views: 127
Question for the AI hive. Does anyone know of a smith spinning pre-fit Broughton 5C barrels for AI AT's (or small shank AX's)? If not, who would you go to about taking a blank and finishing it?

I was looking at some old notes from a custom R700 with a 24" MTU Broughton 5C, and I was getting more velocity with a full 1.0 grains of less powder (same exact range, same exact time of year) out of that barrel. It was a friggin laser out of the box, and everyone I pointed in that direction had similar experiences.

Question for the AI hive. Does anyone know of a smith spinning pre-fit Broughton 5C barrels for AI AT's (or small shank AX's)? If not, who would you go to about taking a blank and finishing it?

I was looking at some old notes from a custom R700 with a 24" MTU Broughton 5C, and I was getting more velocity with a full 1.0 grains of less powder (same exact range, same exact time of year) out of that barrel. It was a friggin laser out of the box, and everyone I pointed in that direction had similar experiences.

Not sure about anyone already carrying Broughtons, but Accurate Ordnance, Mile High Shooting, OTM Tactical, and Robert Gradous all turn barrels for the AT.

Reactions: OzzyO20
ES Tactical is worth a look too. He had some 6.5 Proof Stainless barrels in stock. I have been very happy with mine

Well, I'm a long time lurker and I'm finally going to purchase an AI next year. You guys are KILLING me with some of these awesome photos.

I decided since I've been shooting a Remington 700 in an AICS gen 1 stock, I needed to get more serious about my long range shooting. As of today, I've lost over 130lbs, naturally, in a year, and hit a goal weight of under 220lbs. It's time to purchase one for my birthday in February.

Still waiting on my AXMC arriving.......been told the first week of October now.....

I may have posted this in a different thread. IPSC at a mile
4ABE4016-4236-43A7-8851-22E72E250BCB.jpeg

399656EF-BB64-4453-B772-B63CAC2B8F3E.jpeg

Reactions: OzzyO20