• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

I’ve narrowed down my 2019 PRS load to 6XC II. I’ve got brass, dies, and everything in place for Mr. Gradous to cut a barrel for my AT.

Thought I would check with the hive before it’s a done deal; does the 6XC feed well from the AW/AT mags?

Last edited:
I’ve narrowed down my 2019 PRS load to 6XC II. I’ve got brass, dies, and everything in place for Mr. Gradous to cut a barrel for my AT.

Thought I would check with the hive before it’s a done deal; does the 6XC feed well from the AW/AR mags?

6XC feeds fine from AW mags. Shot two 6XC barrels out on my AT without any feeding issues.

Reactions: OzzyO20
Had to double check and fine tune the hunting rifle today. Didn’t have a lot of time so I only grabbed one mag for the AX. It’s the first chance I’ve had to shoot some groups other than zeroing. So after getting the hunting gun ready I had some spare minutes to lay down behind the AX. Defiantly wasn’t “cold” because of shooting the other gun but these were the 10 rounds I grabbed. 100 yards. I have done no load development. This is just a starter load. 41.5 grains H4350 behind a 140 ELD .020 off the lands with Lapua brass. Might not even need load development lol.
42CB2096-9149-4994-813D-0C5939B6D2EB.jpeg

Wishing I had grabbed another mag I had time for a quick photo shoot lol
DE08C6BC-CB5F-4348-AAAE-1FD0D6233D06.jpeg

B2C1A2B1-9EF6-4455-BE86-7E7F3DFE6998.jpeg

Yep, I still had that page loaded on the laptop. Didn't know about the ballista, but that was it. Not sure what the deal was with that post. Like the Bermuda Triangle up in here.

Yeah I like it that way...for now. Had it that way for a while and it seems to work. Give it a shot.
Although, I understand many guys just cut off the long end of the pad.
To each their own.

Shooting mine at 200 metres at the week end. The rifle is incredibly accurate......the fliers on the edges are entirely down to me.....

Attachments

• 8B77BE3B-FF4C-41D0-ACB4-25F9D092DB07.jpeg
    8B77BE3B-FF4C-41D0-ACB4-25F9D092DB07.jpeg
    313.5 KB · Views: 107
Is anyone using the AI screw on moderator? It's expensive but I like the idea that it works with the muzzle brake and I will be able to move it between different barrels and calibres? I've not bought it as my bank account is just a smoking hole this month after buying the rifle but I would appreciate any feedback or alternatives you are all using.

Is anyone using the AI screw on moderator? It's expensive but I like the idea that it works with the muzzle brake and I will be able to move it between different barrels and calibres? I've not bought it as my bank account is just a smoking hole this month after buying the rifle but I would appreciate any feedback or alternatives you are all using.

Are you in the US? then I don't think its available as its not allowed to be imported. If you're outside the US buy it and let us know.

Are you in the US? then I don't think its available as its not allowed to be imported. If you're outside the US buy it and let us know.

He's in the UK, so it should be legal. I honestly didn't even know they made one, but would be interested to see how well it works.

I see you did the AX buttstock swap on a pre 14 AX. How did that go for you?

I thought the number on the side of the rifle would be a give away, that’s a post 14 AX. The rifle has the quick lok on the right side. That might be the confusion with it being a lefty.

Yes its a long action rifle but it will be supplied with the .308 conversion kit, instead of the .338 barrel when I receive it. I will still be able to upgrade it to .300 or .338 by buying the conversion kits when I'm ready.
How were you able to get the AXMC delivered with .308? I was under the impression you had to get it delivered with a long action caliber and buy the additional short action conversion kit. Did you order from a special vendor? I would love to get one in 6.5 CM and then buy a 338 LM kit later when funds allow. Thanks and congrats on your fine purchase.

How were you able to get the AXMC delivered with .308? I was under the impression you had to get it delivered with a long action caliber and buy the additional short action conversion kit. Did you order from a special vendor? I would love to get one in 6.5 CM and then buy a 338 LM kit later when funds allow. Thanks and congrats on your fine purchase.

I haven't ever seen a new AXMC for sale in a short action caliber either, but he's in the UK. They may have different options across the pond

Here in Canada my dealer just told me that option will soon be available here. after i waited a year for delivery of my short action AX. Hmmmm, and I didn't even get a kiss or taken out to dinner:confused:

Further differences in AI marketing country to country. In U.S. You can by an AXMC in 300Norma Mag because they have licensed your distributors to put other calibre barrels on their receivers and sell them. In Canada for me to get an AXMC in 300 Norma Mag for instance I would have to buy an AXMC in 338 Lapua then get an after market 300 Norma Mag barrel or next year I could buy one in 308 and then buy bolt, barrel etc to do calibre conversion. :mad:

I ordered it through Sporting Services in the UK. It was a factory order though and I had to wait about 20 weeks for it. We can’t get the official AI 6.5mm barrel in the UK though.

Further differences in AI marketing country to country. In U.S. You can by an AXMC in 300Norma Mag because they have licensed your distributors to put other calibre barrels on their receivers and sell them. In Canada for me to get an AXMC in 300 Norma Mag for instance I would have to buy an AXMC in 338 Lapua then get an after market 300 Norma Mag barrel or next year I could buy one in 308 and then buy bolt, barrel etc to do calibre conversion. :mad:
It is something like US vs. Rest of the world thing so you are in good company...all of us in the EU are also forced to buy the rifle in 338 and then get a .300 nm barrel.

Hey all quick question, has anyone put a 13 inch rail from the AX308 on the AXMC long action? Thanks and keep the pics coming!

Don’t know anyone that has made that switch but know someone that put 16” forend and rail from axmc on the ax308.

As a matter of fact, I think tack425 did what I’m talking about if you scroll up a few posts.

Last edited:
Hey all quick question, has anyone put a 13 inch rail from the AX308 on the AXMC long action? Thanks and keep the pics coming!

Shouldn't be a problem other than the MC's is 30moa and AX is 20moa. But, idk if it relates to just the action rail or not with the forend continous rail

I bought my AXMC used, from the PX, here on the Hide. It had the 13” forend and 30 MOA rail on it when I got it. Here it is with the AX308 I sold to fund it for comparison.

9784A8A7-A8FE-4767-8504-1578E9CA5CB3.jpeg

Reactions: UK Basketball

Just went through this and picked up a 13 from a member here for my MC. The 13/16 handguards are identical other than length. Different MOA rails are available for each. More like a 2" difference though as they closer to 15 1/2 and 13 1/4.

Dumb question: does anyone actually regret buying an AI?

I can afford an AT currently.

Is the AX chassis that much better?

Dumb question: does anyone actually regret buying an AI?

I can afford an AT currently.

Is the AX chassis that much better?

I have honestly never seen anyone regret getting an AI it is the most accurate rifle I own and if like me and have a hard time justifying a rifle for 4-8k I bought an older model mine are AE mk2 and I picked them up for around 1800 each.. best purchase I have ever made. I wont be selling mine!