• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

I just got my Sawtooth AI handgrip. It fits and looks awesome. Only thing I would have liked different is if the bolts holding it on were 4mm like all the other bolts on the gun.
Eh. Wonder what type of screws are being used on that Spuhr and the Quiver? 🤔 Let alone the ones on the skins...

Reactions: RS14 and tevan0707
Hearing lots of stories about the Comp trigger having issues.

Hearing lots of stories about the Comp trigger having issues.
Maybe. I have one and have and have shot a 2 day in stone dusty WV and had 0 issues. But in the off chance I do, the beauty of and AI is, I have the stock trigger in my pack.

Maybe. I have one and have and have shot a 2 day in stone dusty WV and had 0 issues. But in the off chance I do, the beauty of and AI is, I have the stock trigger in my pack.
That’s what’s making me hesitate with purchasing the AXSR. That it’s comp trigger-esque and doesn’t take the OG trigger.

I’m hoping to hear more about the AXSR trigger and its reliability. I know lowlight had mentioned they’d have a video talking about triggers, but haven’t seen anything yet.

PRB did a review of the AXSR and it was awesome, but one of the negatives was trigger reliability (but it might have been with a beta testing spring set?):

“...The biggest thing is I ran into issues with the trigger during the match. We literally measured wind gusts at 50 and even 60 mph at the match, which means dust and sand got in the tiniest places. Towards the end of day 1 of the match, I would occasionally close the bolt and the rifle wouldn’t cock the firing pin back. When that happened, I’d go to pull the trigger and it just felt mushy and nothing would happen....

I asked Scott if it was the standard trigger or competition trigger, and he said it was their competition trigger, but it had a different spring set that they were trying out. So I guess it was a “custom” trigger that I was beta testing! 😉 Scott still was surprised to hear about my issues and said he was anxious to get the rifle back and take a closer look for himself...”

https://precisionrifleblog.com/2020/08/16/accuracy-international-axsr-review/

I have an AXSA and am trying to decide on an AXSR.

I'm definitely not bashing the Comp trigger. I like mine, don't love it, but like it enough to keep using it. I was just sharing an experience I had with mine. I got it cleaned out with some contact cleaner and going to throw back into the rifle soon. Until then, I'll just run with the factory trigger.

That’s what’s making me hesitate with purchasing the AXSR. That it’s comp trigger-esque and doesn’t take the OG trigger.

I’m hoping to hear more about the AXSR trigger and its reliability. I know lowlight had mentioned they’d have a video talking about triggers, but haven’t seen anything yet.

PRB did a review of the AXSR and it was awesome, but one of the negatives was trigger reliability (but it might have been with a beta testing spring set?):

“...The biggest thing is I ran into issues with the trigger during the match. We literally measured wind gusts at 50 and even 60 mph at the match, which means dust and sand got in the tiniest places. Towards the end of day 1 of the match, I would occasionally close the bolt and the rifle wouldn’t cock the firing pin back. When that happened, I’d go to pull the trigger and it just felt mushy and nothing would happen....

I asked Scott if it was the standard trigger or competition trigger, and he said it was their competition trigger, but it had a different spring set that they were trying out. So I guess it was a “custom” trigger that I was beta testing! 😉 Scott still was surprised to hear about my issues and said he was anxious to get the rifle back and take a closer look for himself...”

https://precisionrifleblog.com/2020/08/16/accuracy-international-axsr-review/

I have an AXSA and am trying to decide on an AXSR.

Your axsa is worthless now... Get the axsr pm details and I will take your axsa

No issues with my comp trigger, it’s set super light single stage also. Come to think of it, I’ve never cleaned it. Always run in an MC shooting 300wm,6.5prc and 300prc

I just got my Sawtooth AI handgrip. It fits and looks awesome. Only thing I would have liked different is if the bolts holding it on were 4mm like all the other bolts on the gun.
Too easy. Head to Ace Hardware and snag some 4mm bolts and replace em.

That mount came out nice though.

Try 2000mr powder with the 175s in Winchester or Lapua brass you'll be surprised to get see 2550 to 2600 fps in your 16" barrel. That's what I use in my 16" Ax . I like your set up!
Thank you, what charge were you running with 2000MR? At those speeds 2550-2600fps there is no reason for a 20” barrel. I am currently running 41.8grs of 4064 in Lake City 19 brass. Don’t think I could stuff much more powder in there.

Recieved the Dependabilt Dovetail plate from Sawtooth and I am really impressed. Obligatory pictures
13D0DFC7-1994-4F42-B32D-10775C1E8110.jpeg

F1DCE675-7138-4AA6-85BE-DC4E11953C0C.jpeg

Thank you, what charge were you running with 2000MR? At those speeds 2550-2600fps there is no reason for a 20” barrel. I am currently running 41.8grs of 4064 in Lake City 19 brass. Don’t think I could stuff much more powder in there.

Recieved the Dependabilt Dovetail plate from Sawtooth and I am really impressed. Obligatory pictures
View attachment 7593623
View attachment 7593624
Yes sir no need for a 20" if you want to stay compact and yet get the 20" velocities.
You'd need to work up cautiously but be sure to run Winchester or Lapua brass for max safe speeds. The loads I've done with Lake City LR brass aren't up to those speeds due to lower case volume but 46.5 gns was max safe in my barrel with LC brass . The 175s 178s and 185s ive started at 46 grains and worked up to 48.5 gns in Lapua and Winchester brass.

You should be able to get 2600 in your AI. I get that in my custom 16” built off a howa action with 44.8 of Varget. 2206H which is H4895 I think over there works well for 308 and short barrels. Awesome looking rifle 🤙🏼

Reactions: blbennett1288
My comp trigger has about 2,000 rounds on it with my AXSA in 6.5CM, 260 and 308. It began creeping about 200 rounds ago, I pulled it out, flushed it, adjusted it as per the instruction manual... Easy fix, took all the creep out, beautiful clean breaks again. Put it back in without issue, slam fire tests and all the rest, no issues.

Cleaned it out well with shellite before adjusting it, that got a fair bit of crud out and some extremely fine metal shavings. Strangely enough, the screws were SNUG, took a bit to turn them initially so I don't believe it would have slipped from firing.

After about 100 rounds, the sear intermittently now fails to engage and cock the firing pin back, I have to lift and lower the bolt 2-5 times with varying pressure to get it to hold at times... I need to pull it out and tweak it a bit more. It's very simple to adjust, I just need to tweak the engagement screws a tad more to give it something to hold onto. The 3 position safety works fine, the shots break cleanly, it's still configured as a two stage trigger, I didn't touch anything outside of the instructions.

Something I will keep a close eye on. Might put the factory trigger back in for a while until I'm happy with this one.

Last edited:
Awesome!!!

Question for you gents:

Anyone have first hand knowledge of which specific ERATAC Adjustable mount would be perfect for a NF ATACR 7-35 on an AXSR?

Awesome!!!

Question for you gents:

Anyone have first hand knowledge of which specific ERATAC Adjustable mount would be perfect for a NF ATACR 7-35 on an AXSR?
Sphur SA-4601. Or SP-4602

Had a few Eratac mounts in the past, I’d put them right up there with Spuhr, good stuff.

Reactions: Longshot85
Depends on how much can't you'll see yourself using. 1.57" is what I'd go with

The more can't, the higher the mount
I do want a 100 yard zero capability

This will be my buy once, CRY once .......prolly filled with thoughts of "why didn't I do this before?" Lol

This will be my buy once, CRY once .......prolly filled with thoughts of "why didn't I do this before?" Lol
FWIW I run 40moa total (20 in the base and 20 in the mount) on my AXSA and a tangent theta with the tennebrex caps and have no clearance issues and maintain a 100yd zero with my 22GT, 6BRA, and my 6.5cm barrels. Mount is a Spuhr SP-4602 (1.5” 20MOA)
535CA9E9-3D4A-4388-9EE9-10B42C7E6A99.jpeg

Looks like 50moa is max can't you can use, whille still being able to zero at 100y/m with the 7-35x. But I'd go 40moa total (mount + rail) so you won't get too much of an oval effect in your FOV.

So you'll only use 20moa of adjustable can't on that ERA-TAC since the AXSR only come in 20moa. Unless you want to use more when shooting extended LR.

Reactions: Longshot85
DTA SRS is a very nice system as well. I ran one prior to my AI's as well, but I agree that the AI is a step up. Nice choice going with the green.

Reactions: HenryTheAce
Sex on Ice. Only a couple things that will make this pic a whole lot better. But why ruin the surprise...

View attachment 7595468
Looks like I’ll be ditching the Manners TCS stock I have in favor of the AT-X chassis in a couple years when it’s finally released. Would be nice to have my elite sand ax and an elite sand AT-X

Reactions: RS14
Looks like I’ll be ditching the Manners TCS stock I have in favor of the AT-X chassis in a couple years when it’s finally released. Would be nice to have my elite sand ax and an elite sand AT-X
Mind sharing some pics of the elite sand?

Anyone have elite sand next to dark earth for comparison?

Elite Sand is my favorite, it's FDE meets Green.