• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International PSR Rifle

Re: Accuracy International PSR Rifle

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dave Tooley</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Frank

One clarification. The AW has a 27MM diameter barrel tenon. The AX Rifle has 30MM diameter barrel tenon which requires a larger action and allows a double stack 338 Lap magazine.
With that being said AI is putting the AW action in an AX style chassis.
</div></div>

Thanks Dave,
I was mainly talking about a 308, not the AWSM for the AX338... I have used my AW barrels on the AX308

P123 it will be a long wait for what you are suggesting, the PSR is pretty much the only option to do what you suggest, going from long action to short in the same rifle. </div></div>

No doubt.

Frank,

I thought there might have been some confusion there, that was reason for my post. When I think PSR it's 338. When I think AW now it's 308W.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dave Tooley</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Frank,

I thought there might have been some confusion there, that was reason for my post. When I think PSR it's 338. When I think AW now it's 308W. </div></div>

No worries, we are on the same sheet of music now...
smile.gif

I am sure the new AI PSR is a well thought out and great rifle but at nearly $19K it is priced out of reach from most shooters.

Another option to the AI PSR would be a DTA SRS. A DTA SRS loaded with the same components/specs as the AI PSR deployment package with all items priced individually at full retail is less than half the price of the AI PSR offering. Also with the DTA you do not need to buy the whole deployment package.

meh, what's the big deal with caliber swaps? How often and why would a regular Joe ever need this to justify the dough. For that money, you could probably get a TacOps in each caliber and each one would shoot better than the AI. You'd also have some left over to pay for most of a TacOps .30 cal can to boot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">meh, what's the big deal with caliber swaps? How often and why would a regular Joe ever need this to justify the dough. For that money, you could probably get a TacOps in each caliber and each one would shoot better than the AI. You'd also have some left over to pay for most of a TacOps .30 cal can to boot.

</div></div>

Caliber conversions are a great option to train with the same platform/scope when the caliber conversions are priced as a fraction of the cost of a complete rifle.

For example a DTA SRS w/ monopod in .308 will run you around $4,400 additional complete caliber conversions (barrel, bolt, & mag) are between $1,400-$1,700. If you happen to want to shoot a caliber that you already have a bolt and mag for, then all you need is a barrel that would run you around $1,100.

For the suggested price of the AI PSR, you can nearly buy an AI AX in all three calibers and have 3 complete rifles. In my opinion the price of the AI PSR should be around the price of an AI AX and then add around $4K for (2) caliber conversions and mags, and then another $1.2k for a soft case, hard case, scope mount, bipod, and cleaning kit. Which would put the pricing around $13K.

There are other reason to have a multi caliber rifle, even if the price is higher than have two or three rifles.

In US, it is really not an issue, but there are several countries around the world that limits the number of guns an individual can have.
So, having a multi caliber rifle is a way to have "more rifles" (in uses, calibers etc) and obey the limits of the law.

LRCampos.

Average Joe I mean as being civvies. If there are those who buy in the civvie market but use professionally then I guess that's different. Just seems a very high price for civvie / hobby use to me.

I just thought I would say something about the new AI PSR we are offering through our distributors this year.
Based on the reaction we got at the Shot Show and requests from our distributors, we decided to do a limited run production of the complete AI PSR package which includes a rifle, extra barrels, muzzle brakes, bolt body and bolt head assemblies, magazines and magazine adapter to cover .338, .300 and .308 calibers. In addition there is a custom transit case, sling, maintenance kit and carry bag. We are only making the quantity of these kits our distributors want. We have not set a retail price and it is up to the distributors to set their sell price.
This limited run is similar to others AI have done many years ago where there was additional sets made of a military production run, like the German G22, the Swedish AW etc. In those cases the price was high because it was a limited run with documentation to certify that. This will be the same. In the case of those older systems the market value is substantially more than a standard production AW for example.
The price for an AI PSR system cannot be compared to individual parts because you cannot buy those individual parts at this time. In the future when those individual items become available it is likely to be the same as the current AI PSR system price. It does not mean that the AI PSR rifle on its own will be some huge price compared to an AX338
If anyone thinks the system price is too high then it is not for them. Others will disagree and it is those people we are making this limited production for.
AI has a variety of customers around the world, military, law enforcement and civilian. We try to cater for everyone. In this case we are catering for a minority of the civilian market who appreciate this product, can afford it and have asked for it.
This is the one and only time we will make this AI PSR system available to the civilian market with documentation to support it.

Tom Irwin
Accuracy International

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Average Joe I mean as being civvies. If there are those who buy in the civvie market but use professionally then I guess that's different. Just seems a very high price for civvie / hobby use to me. </div></div>

Some people take their hobbies more than seriously. What about the guy with 6 Ferrari's but no Autobahn highway to drive them on?

What about the guys that chose flying as a hobby and have 2 or 3 planes?

Those sounds like an expensive hobby to me.

There's a difference between afford, and it just being a stupid high price.

I love how its always "those who can afford" that gets walked out when people really question the price.

KY,

Sure, I get that point. I like and spend on nice stuff too (tango, henni, premier etc). I guess it's a qualitative thing. To any who want and can have it, I hope they enjoy it in good health. Personally, not my bag.

No hard feelings to anyone, was thinking out loud more than anything.

I think Tom explained it pretty well,

It's a limited edition thing and you can't simply add what you think is the cost of the sum of what you "the average joe" feels is the value of the parts.

You have no idea the time or expense of the PSR program as well as the costs associated to getting a rifle in and meeting the requirements.

Not everything announced by a company is out there for just anyone. If you want bang for the Buck, buy an AE. Is this expensive, yes, and clearly when you look at the early conversations, most associated to selling AI were hoping it would be closer to $12k. Well didn't happen, you either see the value or move on.

A local shop had a PSG-1 here that was listed at $18k. In time people will see this limitedly available system for what it is too. Heck, where was the outrage when when Unertl in name only decided the unmarked 10x Tactical was worth $2500, meanwhile the USMC only paid $700 for the original. They didn't do anything but buy the name and assemble old parts from the shop. They didn't even build new tubes.

Bottom line, in anything like this value is not as cut and dry as the sum of its parts.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PadronAniversary</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is there a video anywhere of how the caliber change occurs ? Is it like the AW where a barrel vise is required, or more like a quick change like a savage ?

Thanks in advance</div></div>

On my YouTube page,

No barrel vise required it uses one small Allen wrench stored in the stock. You turn a single Allen, then unscrew the barrel, no vise.

Ps, you have to take the hand guard off, same Allen. 2 screws.

I did it in less than 2 minutes in a suit & tie at Shot.

I'm guessing this might answer some of your questions.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sales@MileHigh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The dealer who posted the price of 17,500 is from Canada.We verified the price with AINA list price is 18,886.00.
Don't shoot the messenger please.It is for a complete deployment kit. We have pictures on our facebook page.
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.346449135404696.74891.179317778784500&type=3
Thanks
Randy </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guys, before you bitch about price....take a look at the total package price for the other PSR submissions.

If you have to have quick change barrels and want something more in line with a single AX, look at the DTA SRS. </div></div>

I couldn't agree more I have a DTA SRS and it suits my needs perfectly.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tomirwin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">. It does not mean that the AI PSR rifle on its own will be some huge price compared to an AX338

Tom Irwin
Accuracy International
</div></div>

So Tom are you saying that later on down the road the PSR rifle will be less expensive for those of us who do not need or want the complete deployment package with documentation etc...?

If I had the extra resources, I would buy one...looks very appealing! Here's the shot show video of the rifle for those who haven't seen it.

Cheers,

AvsFan
cool.gif

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zF9saca1ogY"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zF9saca1ogY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

All I know is...when I can buy just the rifle and a 300wm bolt....I'll get one.

student 86......There will be an AX PSR style available in the future and the price will be in line with AX pricing. I cannot say how much at this time but it will be more.

Poison 123.....There will also be a .300wm version. Timing yet tbd

Tom Irwin

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
No barrel vise required it uses one small Allen wrench stored in the stock. You turn a single Allen, then unscrew the barrel, no vise.</div></div>

There's the reasoning a lot of people seem to be missing when trying to compare it to an AX... It's a field gun for a particular demographic without the luxury of carrying around a vise. There's value in function and people are only seeing value in numbers ergo comments "I can buy 3 AX rifles for less".

Tom, did you get an update from the UK on the new AE/AW skins ?

Oh, who am I kidding. I'd probably break down and get one when the rifle is available alone. The price is what it is. IIRC, Remington wants over $10k for their MSR. And that's without AI's track record.

waiting for the badger ordinance edition

kinda super barrett mrad 2.0 with badger action

would sell like freaking hot cakes!

hopefully this kinda receiver/barrel headspace design will become the norm in the future....near future, it just makes so much sense, no torqueing threads just snug and light crossbolt to hold

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: procovert45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">waiting for the badger ordinance edition

kinda super barrett mrad 2.0 with badger action

would sell like freaking hot cakes!

hopefully this kinda receiver/barrel headspace design will become the norm in the future....near future, it just makes so much sense, no torqueing threads just snug and light crossbolt to hold</div></div>

The MRAD is an excellent rifle, but the AI PSR doesn't require torquing either and the fact it threads over the barrel extension method should maintain accuracy change after change over the extension model.

The AI threads, no torque then is set with a single Allen Screw.

That's a pretty sporty hat and tie you're wearing in the video, but might be more appropriate to be holding one of these with that outfit:

50981.jpg

Bottom line for the PRS system, it's only money. If you have it and want one, get it. Otherwise, you'll have to shoot it vicariously through someone that can afford it, which probably isn't such an altogether bad thing (LOL).

The PSR package is top of the crop, it's not marketed for or towards a general user or even a high-end user. "Limited edition" runs tend to have a price premium on top of the sum of their parts. If it's not priced realistically, there will be no market for it. If it's priced competitively with other competition or due to it's perceived collectability or uniqueness, then it'll sell itself. I'd like a PSR, but I don't feel entitled that it's owed to me based on my personal budget. It's all relative. I'll probably be picking up an AX in a few years when the .308 kits come out.

On another gun forum, people were bitching that the limited Larry Vickers Signature Series Daniel Defense M4 was more expensive than the sum of it's parts because you could build the same gun out of the Daniel Defense catalog minus the engraving. There was nothing stopping folks from doing so but they wanted to complain anyhow. There are plenty of threads on various gun forums where companies release new products and there are 25 subsequent pages of "I wouldn't buy that unless it was half the price!".

How many are going to be in the limited run for sale?

And how many are already sold!!

We have committed to a large quanity of the PSR deployment kits. The delivery will be spread out over three months the last quarter of the year. Pricing has been finalized and we are taking orders and deposits now.

This is a limited run of rifles and will not be reproduced. Please call Mile High Shooting and speak with Diann or Randy for your SnipersHide price and to place your order.

Thank you
Randy & Diann

I just want to what the people who are buying the PSR do for work so I can come out of college doing that.

I would think that most work really hard, earn their own way and pay CASH. No debt! Live within your means and you might be surprised at what you can afford! Come see me and I'll put you to work.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tackleberry</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am pumped up about mine coming. Fall can't get here quick enough! </div></div>

Be sure to post some pictures of that beast when you get it. There's too many other rifles on my bucket list to justify sinking that much money into one platform. I'll most likely upgrade my AE to an AX in the future but that's the extent of my future AI purchases.

...now we just need some S&B brass ; )

There are a ton of rifles out there can will shoot as accurately as the PSR, but that's only part of the picture. For the civilian market, which is what we're talking about here, there are other considerations. Some place a high value on ease of use. Some just enjoy knowing that they possess technology that was developed for the military. Of course they don't "need" these things, but that's not the point.

Funny, if your in the market for say, a motorcycle, no one bats an eye when you tell them that you're gonna drop $20k on a Harley. The Yamaha is just as good at half the price, but it's not a Harley. If you want a Harley you gotta pay for it.

I once had a Ducati 996SPS that I had almost $30k into. Didn't need it, that's for sure. Heck, I could have bought a Jap bike for $5k that would do anything that the Duc could do. But it wouldn't be a Ducati. It wouldn't have the engeneering of a Ducati, and the Jap bike would definately not have the exclusivity.

I don't own an AI, I went with DTA for my own reasons, but I do understand the thinking behind a civilian wanting a PSR. Sometimes only the real thing will do.

Why the bitching when it comes to full kits. They are always expensive but look at the big picture.

Compare the pricing to the KAC M110 full kits...........

You're talking parts, everything in a one stop shop and supported by AI. If you don't like the price then don't look any deeper.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sr15match</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why the bitching when it comes to full kits. They are always expensive but look at the big picture.

You're talking parts, everything in a one stop shop and supported by AI. If you don't like the price then don't look any deeper. </div></div>

Your problem is some of us don't really give a shit about AI barrels. I'd much rather send the rifle off to George @ GAP to spin me up some of their loved barrels.

If anyone has updated information or photos of this kit, please post.

Thanks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sr15match</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why the bitching when it comes to full kits. They are always expensive but look at the big picture.

You're talking parts, everything in a one stop shop and supported by AI. If you don't like the price then don't look any deeper. </div></div>

Your problem is some of us don't really give a shit about AI barrels. I'd much rather send the rifle off to George @ GAP to spin me up some of their loved barrels. </div></div>

They are both Bartleins, one chambered by a world renowned Benchrest Champion, one by a great Tactical rifle Smith

How many do you have spun at one time? I'll order more than one next time for sure.