• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accurate. 22 options $500.00-$1000.00?

Triton225

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Dec 11, 2019
I know thats a fair range to compare. But I was gonna pick up a new .22 for accuracy with out getting into the crazy high side of .22's.
I almost settled on the bergara B14R, and just seen the Tikka TX1. I know the CZ's are fairly accurate too. With that said what have you guys found to be generally a accurate rifle in those ranges.
I've thought about doing some NRL22, and the bergara would pretty much knock me out of the base category and don't want to do the open. Mostly though I want the best accuracy for the above price range. If a 900.00 rifle is .5 moa and a 550.00 rifle is .6 moa id go with the 550.00 rifle for example.
Also, what other reasons may have helped you make the decision on the rifle you bought?

Bergara or the Tikka. The RPR might fall in that price range.

I know thats a fair range to compare. But I was gonna pick up a new .22 for accuracy with out getting into the crazy high side of .22's.
I almost settled on the bergara B14R, and just seen the Tikka TX1. I know the CZ's are fairly accurate too. With that said what have you guys found to be generally a accurate rifle in those ranges.
I've thought about doing some NRL22, and the bergara would pretty much knock me out of the base category and don't want to do the open. Mostly though I want the best accuracy for the above price range. If a 900.00 rifle is .5 moa and a 550.00 rifle is .6 moa id go with the 550.00 rifle for example.
Also, what other reasons may have helped you make the decision on the rifle you bought?

I have both the T1X and the Bergara B14R. The T1x shoots very well, it has a much better trigger from the factory, with just a spring change, it is around a pound. The B14R is new and shoots well also. the trigger breaks clean around 2.5 lb. adjusting down as far as it will go. Now the B14R has a Trigger Tech Diamond on it now, set around 1 lb. but will go lower. The Bergara is up to $1300 now. It is a heavy gun 12.5 lb. with scope and bi-pods. It sets great on the bench. Both guns shoots the same. With Bergara you have a better stock and great trigger selection. If you add a better stock to the T1X you will be in the price range of the Bergara. If you want to stay in Base class the T1X would be the one.

Mark

I've been most impressed with a CZ 457 MTR for the $650ish you can find them at.

Tikka's are very solid, just finicky. I've been tinkering way too much with Tikka's in terms of mainly ejection/feeding issues.

Reactions: simpletoms
From what everyone says for base class the T1x and CZ 457PV would be good to go. I have the PV and am very happy with how it shoots. That said I have a Tikka on order because I do most of my hunting with Tikka centerfires and figure it will be good for practice. Handling both before I ordered the PV I liked the CZ better.

I've been most impressed with a CZ 457 MTR for the $650ish you can find them at.

Tikka's are very solid, just finicky. I've been tinkering way too much with Tikka's in terms of mainly ejection/feeding issues.
Are you still having issues???

Is the bergara b14 r any more accurate than the cz or tikka?

I went with the Bravo for my T1X and really like the ergonomics
KRG Tikka T1.JPG

T1x. Really solid rifle for the price and mine loves CCI standard velocity so I get to shoot 500 rounds a month for $25 (when you can find ammo). Smooth, easy bolt; good trigger. Add a triad stock pack for a solid cheek weld and a vortex diamondback and you are base class with a potential stage cleaner.

well for now I think i'm gonna go with the tikka t1x just to keep the option open for base class nrl22 if I do that. I keep saying I'm done buying .22's and yet I'm gonna get this knowing I'm still gonna ge t a kidd 10/22 and possibly the begara b14r later too. Plus I keep hearing good things about the cz457. Grand kids will need some trainers in a few years anyway. some of my older ones can be their beaters....
AS far the Tikka, what rings base are ya'll using and any other add-ons or changes?

Man I love the look of that Bravo! I wish they had one for the 10/22. I’m going to upgrade mine and I’d go with the Bravo in a heartbeat. Hello KRG👍😂

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
Another vote for the Tikka T1x in a Bravo. My brother and another shooting friend have them and they work very well for the dollar.

can someone give me a idea of what size rings I'll need for this? I don't have the rifle to measure receiver height etc. and frankly the math is killing me to try to figure out.
Will be a 30mm tube with a 50mm obj. (Argos BTR GEN 2 6-24x50 to be exact). trying to have everything about time i get rifle., Oh DIP 25moa rail by the way.

Handle them all and see which feels the best to you.

My wife’s tikka is less ammo picky over my 457mtr but I like the action on the mtr better.

Haven’t handles the b14r but range reports show it shooting very well.

I suggest you get behind them and see which you prefer.

Man I love the look of that Bravo! I wish they had one for the 10/22. I’m going to upgrade mine and I’d go with the Bravo in a heartbeat. Hello KRG👍😂

I think there's one in the pipeline.

well for now I think i'm gonna go with the tikka t1x just to keep the option open for base class nrl22 if I do that. I keep saying I'm done buying .22's and yet I'm gonna get this knowing I'm still gonna ge t a kidd 10/22 and possibly the begara b14r later too. Plus I keep hearing good things about the cz457. Grand kids will need some trainers in a few years anyway. some of my older ones can be their beaters....
AS far the Tikka, what rings base are ya'll using and any other add-ons or changes?

EGW makes a nice rail for the T1x. They also make nice rings or any rings you would use for the T3. Seekins/Vortex are commonly forsale in the exchange.

can someone give me a idea of what size rings I'll need for this? I don't have the rifle to measure receiver height etc. and frankly the math is killing me to try to figure out.
Will be a 30mm tube with a 50mm obj. (Argos BTR GEN 2 6-24x50 to be exact). trying to have everything about time i get rifle., Oh DIP 25moa rail by the way.
.9" will clear it.

Reactions: Triton225
Littlepod, Thats a really nice looking stock! Matter of fact I love it

I bought a T1X w/16" barrel and am pretty happy with it. Do my part and it shoots well. Tried several brands, shoots most well and some really well.
20200921_215436.jpg
20200921_215436.jpg