• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accurate bench shooting question

Porterb123

Private
Minuteman
May 28, 2020
I have been shooting for quit a few years. From a supported position or freehand . I have always had my right hand ( lefty ) on the forearm or holding the bi pod. I have learned that any pressure or position that allows the gun to move when the trigger breaks + bad shot. Lining up so nothing moves works.
I see a lot of long distance shooters using the support hand under the rear of the stock with a bi pod up front. Seems like that would allow the rifle to move off of point of aim.
If the scope is sighted in for this method, is that sight in affected by holding the forend or bipod?

Probably ignorence on my part, but had to ask
Thanks

Any change to process can induce variance a d by nature is variance.

Recoil management.

I have been shooting for quit a few years. From a supported position or freehand . I have always had my right hand ( lefty ) on the forearm or holding the bi pod. I have learned that any pressure or position that allows the gun to move when the trigger breaks + bad shot. Lining up so nothing moves works.
I see a lot of long distance shooters using the support hand under the rear of the stock with a bi pod up front. Seems like that would allow the rifle to move off of point of aim.
If the scope is sighted in for this method, is that sight in affected by holding the forend or bipod?

Probably ignorence on my part, but had to ask
Thanks

I’d look into online and/or live training with a good fundamental instructor.

Proper fundamentals keeps the rifle from moving (within reason depending on position) during the time the shot is taking place.

Reactions: seansmd