accurate light ar barrel?

LS6TT

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2009
DFW, Texas
every barrel I seem to find that is 18 or 20" is a heavy barrel. anybody know of a lightweight barrel in this size that is 2 MOA or less?

sobrbiker883

Lt. Colonel
Minuteman
Sep 18, 2003
Gilbert AZ
Re: accurate light ar barrel?

I run a Lothar Walther SS "gov't" profile on my 18" SPRish AR. It has the skinny barrel under the handguards. I got it from Scottmilk9, it is a 1:8 with a Wylde chamber and is way under the 2moa you're askin for.

LS6TT

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2009
DFW, Texas

perfect, the last 20" at i built is just WAY to heavy to carry around very long. need something much much lighter. Thank you for the link!

sobrbiker883

Lt. Colonel
Minuteman
Sep 18, 2003
Gilbert AZ

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strangedays</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=449

I have the 16" version on my rifle and it shoots under 1 MOA </div></div>

they shoot OK, (I had the 18"WOA from ADCO)but <span style="text-decoration: line-through">LST66</span>LS6TT is asking about lightweight barrels, and the WOA SPR is an HBAR profile. The LW's Scott had made up (I don;t know if he still has them, but he could probably get them) were spun up to a coontour he specified, I think its .650 under the handguards.

LS6TT

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2009
DFW, Texas

damn man, butcher my name..LOL

sobr, got a link to which your talking about? you google scotts barrel and some interesting photos appear

sobrbiker883

Lt. Colonel
Minuteman
Sep 18, 2003
Gilbert AZ

Scott's still running Specialized Dynamics, but he's working on a new website.
The barrels he had Lothar Walther run for him were stainless 18" with rifle length gas sysytems. I don't have an exact pic or link, but imagine the top barrel in this pic I found online in stainless, 18" with a rifle length gas system, with whatever gasblock you want:
standard.jpg

LS6TT

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2009
DFW, Texas

gtg, ill look into his company more, what abouts is the price running?

AXEMAN

General Nuisance
Minuteman
Sep 17, 2009
kansas, topeka

fulton carries kreigers for 308, i never looked at anything else. might try there too

sobrbiker883

Lt. Colonel
Minuteman
Sep 18, 2003
Gilbert AZ

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LS6TT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">gtg, ill look into his company more, what abouts is the price running? </div></div>

Shoot him a PM (scottmilk9). He is in NorCal right now (where I should be, but I digress), and should get back to you next week.