• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

accurate light ar barrel?

LS6TT

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2009
DFW, Texas
every barrel I seem to find that is 18 or 20" is a heavy barrel. anybody know of a lightweight barrel in this size that is 2 MOA or less?

Re: accurate light ar barrel?

I run a Lothar Walther SS "gov't" profile on my 18" SPRish AR. It has the skinny barrel under the handguards. I got it from Scottmilk9, it is a 1:8 with a Wylde chamber and is way under the 2moa you're askin for.

perfect, the last 20" at i built is just WAY to heavy to carry around very long. need something much much lighter. Thank you for the link!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strangedays</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=449

I have the 16" version on my rifle and it shoots under 1 MOA </div></div>

they shoot OK, (I had the 18"WOA from ADCO)but <span style="text-decoration: line-through">LST66</span>LS6TT is asking about lightweight barrels, and the WOA SPR is an HBAR profile. The LW's Scott had made up (I don;t know if he still has them, but he could probably get them) were spun up to a coontour he specified, I think its .650 under the handguards.

damn man, butcher my name..LOL

sobr, got a link to which your talking about? you google scotts barrel and some interesting photos appear

Scott's still running Specialized Dynamics, but he's working on a new website.
The barrels he had Lothar Walther run for him were stainless 18" with rifle length gas sysytems. I don't have an exact pic or link, but imagine the top barrel in this pic I found online in stainless, 18" with a rifle length gas system, with whatever gasblock you want:
standard.jpg

gtg, ill look into his company more, what abouts is the price running?

fulton carries kreigers for 308, i never looked at anything else. might try there too

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LS6TT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">gtg, ill look into his company more, what abouts is the price running? </div></div>

Shoot him a PM (scottmilk9). He is in NorCal right now (where I should be, but I digress), and should get back to you next week.