• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accurate-Mag chassis

SSW7

Private
Minuteman
Aug 23, 2007
Does anyone have any details on this stock?

Hoping they have Savage short and long action options.

Below is a post from Savage Shooters . com, hope Monte doesn't mind!

Accurate-Mag Sport-Tact chassis system

So... I was browsing another forum this morning and happened to see a banner ad from Accurate-Mag.com... normally I kind of mentally block the ads out, but I've bought some product from this company before and was pretty happy with the results. As a result, when the ad flashed to a picture of a chassis system I did a bit of a double-take - I didn't know they *made* a chassis. Since Accurate-Mag does make factory bottom-metal I thought it might be worth checking out...

Here's a link to their catalog (never mind the year in the URL, apparently they forgot to update that):

A-M catalog

It definitely looks interesting... the butt-stock folds to the *right* over the bolt handle, which should hopefully result in it being a little more compact when stowed. Looks like it should take standard AR grips and fore-ends. The *really* interesting part is that they use a rifle 'insert' to hold the receiver... making it possible to hold a long-action *or* a short-action using the same chassis! Heck, the catalog even shows using an M1A in the same chassis setup.

To some degree, something similar could be achieved with a McRee chassis in that the center section is receiver-dependent, and simply bolts to the fore-end and butt-stock so one *could* uncouple the center portion and swap out the barreled action (long or short) as desired... but with four bolts fore and four bolts aft holding things together it isn't exactly a speedy process. No idea yet how the A-M Multi-Caliber Rifle Chassis System will compare in that regard... but I'd imagine it will be a *little* simpler.

The one big gripe I could see some folks having is that with the stationary grip location vs. the variable layout of the trigger/guard between various actions, it looks like there is a fair amount of gap between the grip and the guard... I know the older McRee stocks had a similar gap, and a lot of people griped about it.

I called them up and chatted for a few minutes... it sounds like the Savage variants may actually be available *first*, which would be pretty sweet. Projected availability is 'about' a month or two out... we'll see

I'd encourage anyone who is interested to give them a call and express that interest... give them some motivation to keep the Savage version on track.

Last edited:
Our PD is looking into the chassis system to upgrade our 700's so I have been on the phone with them several times. There are production delays because of US contract issues, and I will not go into further details on that. What I can say is that they expect the contracts to be filled and civilian sales to start up sometime late spring and early summer. I have no details on what is being offered other then the R700 and clones. Hope that helps a tad, and last time I pinged the CT office was last week so the intel is fresh.

Sully

Yesterday they said somewhere south of $1300... guess we'll see. I kind of flinch at those kind of prices, given what a McRee or XLR goes for... then again I'd really really really like an Eberlestock M11 (if they made them for a Savage)... but $1900 is a bit steep for me. Even the M12 at 'only' $1295 makes me cringe. Here's hoping the Accu-Mag version ends up somewhere south of $1k...

The buttstock looks the same on the Colt, and the overall profile is comparable... but it doesn't look like they are using the insert system - no evidence of the locking screws in the sides/backs of the center chassis.

I would love to see an in depth review of the Chassis. All the options included.