• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accurate Ordnance 6.5x47

kyhuntclub

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 20, 2013
Western KY
I want to introduce my 6.5x47 Lapua built by AO. 100% satisfied customer

IMG_1515 (Large).jpgIMG_1495 (Large).jpgIMG_1496 (Large).jpgIMG_1496 (Large).jpgIMG_1498 (Large).jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1502.jpg
    IMG_1502.jpg
    877.2 KB · Views: 13
As far as accuracy goes I believe it will be a hammer. I have only shot it ten times. The first 2 rounds was shot at 50 yards to put it near zero at 100 yards. The next 8 round group at 100yards mesured .743.

Those 10 rounds were loaded with 36.6 grains of Varget and 130 VLD's. Those Bullets were seated approx 30thou off the lands. This weekend I plan to hopefully tune it in better and expect some small 5 shot groups.

I will keep you posted.

get looking build looking foward to a range report after the final tune and load work

IMG_1517 (Large).jpgIMG_1518 (Large).jpgIMG_1521 (Large).jpgIMG_1520 (Large).jpg

Varget Powder and 5 shot groups

:}

Attachments

• IMG_1519 (Large).jpg
    IMG_1519 (Large).jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Nice gun and great shooting.They are great to deal with and will have my 6.5Creed ready in a couple months.

I just had Chad spin a 6.5x47 Lapua for me. The round simply intruiged me. I am playing with the 130 Nos AB's and RL-17. They're showing great promise. Only 50 rounds down the tube and the kook behind the trigger is getting decent results. I have them grouping well at 2800 fps with a ES of only 18. I am going to keep climbing the scale and see what more speed may achieve for me. It looks as though you are well on your way to great results. Good looking rifle and nice shooting.

Those are a lot better pictures then what I took. :) Beautiful picture.
Those are super nice groups.

I was overly pleased with the grouping. I am going to cheat and borrow my dads lead sled next time and see what I can do. Its apparent the rifle is capable. All of those groups was shot from a bench using the bidpod.

I broke it right too. I cleaned it. Then I shot it 85 times. Brought it home and then I cleaned it again. It really didnt even need to be cleaned judging by the patches. Mostly Carbon.

I skipped out of work on a "sales call" today at lunch. I meet my father at the range for a little testing. It was the first time either of us had used a chrono. It was a good time but raised my eye brows to what I need to do to get a consistant ES and get it down. I am wondering if its something I am doing or just the powder. I am using a RCBS chargemaster to dispense the powder.

But anyway I am still very pleased with the performance of my 6.5x47 built by Accuarate Ordnance. Here are a few pics of the targets and some sloppy stats.

Stats.JPGIMG_1524 (Large).jpgIMG_1525 (Large).jpgIMG_1526 (Large).jpgIMG_1527 (Large).jpg

Base to ogive is 2.036
COAL is 2.739
BR4 primers

Last edited:
I skipped out of work on a "sales call" today at lunch. I meet my father at the range for a little testing. It was the first time either of us had used a chrono. It was a good time but raised my eye brows to what I need to do to get a consistant ES and get it down. I am wondering if its something I am doing or just the powder. I am using a RCBS chargemaster to dispense the powder.

But anyway I am still very pleased with the performance of my 6.5x47 built by Accuarate Ordnance. Here are a few pics of the targets and some sloppy stats.

View attachment 33415View attachment 33416View attachment 33417View attachment 33418View attachment 33419

Base to ogive is 2.036
COAL is 2.739
BR4 primers

Nice shooting, how long is your barrel and did you see any pressure signs at 37.2 Grs of varget?

26 inch barrel. Previously I tested up to 37.5. At 37.4 the firing pin strike starts to crater a little more, and the primers start to flatten. At 37.5 I could feel a little pressure on the bolt lift.

I want to introduce my 6.5x47 Lapua built by AO. 100% satisfied customer

Your baby is one day older than mine! That's a fine looking rifle. Congrats!

Attachments

• AO_6.5 Creedmoor.jpg
    AO_6.5 Creedmoor.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 10
  • AO_6.5 Creedmoor.jpg
    AO_6.5 Creedmoor.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Thanks for the info, I'm getting my 6.5X47 back from Dana English soon, it's only a 20.5" barrel so I'm curious to see what velocities I'll get.

5 shots = .053" Holy crap! Nice! Have you shot it past 100 yards? I'd be really interested to see how it does at 300, 500, etc.

I plan to load some more up tonight and have a plans to shoot several rounds at 500 yards on Sunday if the wind stays down.