• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accurate Ordnance Grand Opening

DWALKER

Private
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 16, 2005
Winder, Georgia
Accurate Ordnance, LLC is a new custom firearm manufacturer and retailer located in Winder, GA. This notice is to announce we are now officially open for business. While this is a new company, we are certainly not new to building high quality rifles. We have been building high quality precision firearms for many years and many people on this forum are familiar with the quality of our work. Our goal is to offer the highest quality custom firearm experience possible at reasonable prices.

We’ve already been hard at work in the new shop and will share some of our recent projects with you over the next few weeks.

Though we tried to keep things quiet as we built the shop, some people were already aware of this venture. We want to thank those people very sincerely for their well wishes, encouragement and support to this point. It means a lot to us and won’t be forgotten.

For more information on us please visit our website at http://accurateordnance.com/. This is still a work in progress and we are actively adding content and retail product daily. We also have a Facebook page and look forward to seeing you join us there.

Re: Accurate Ordnance Grand Opening

Glad this day has come! I wish you guys the best of luck! Love how my little CZ turned out you did. I can not wait to drop off the 700!

Fro

So happy for you guys, glad you can finally announce it. I can't wait to see what you do with my little project that you are working on.

Very exciting news and congrats to AO. I can't wait to have my rifle build by AO.

Congratulations to you guys and I love my new rifle! You, Jason and Mark are good people and I know AO will have great success!

it's about time... Good luck guys.

Good luck. Glad to here it. Looking forward to seeing you work and sending you some work.

Thanks to everyone for the kind words and support. We appreciate you very much.

To help celebrate our Grand Opening we are offering two promotions through the end of October.

All barrel installations are 25% off normal retail price. We do have some .30-cal Rock Creek barrels in stock if you need a barrel. More barrels are on the way. Of course, we're happy to install any barrel you provide or we can order you a barrel. The discount applies even if we end up performing your barrel installation after October 31.

All coating services are 25% off normal retail price. Coating services include parkerizing, KG Gunkote, Cerakote, Norrell Moly Resin and other air-cure products for items that cannot be baked.

These promotions can be combined, so if you want an entire build performed, you'll get 25% off the barrel install and coating.

Recently dropped off a PSS to the guys at Accurate Ordnance. Told them I was in no rush for it, but it was ready in three weeks!! That included the time that David took to let me come up and teach me the proper way to bed a stock!! Folks, I can not say enough on the first class work and service that David, Mark and Jason provided, and how they made me feel like I was right at home!

It was great seeing you and we very much appreciate your business. The rifle turned out very nice and we hope you are happy with it. Don't be a stranger.
wink.gif

jbon_01_ca_SH.jpg

jbon_03_ca_SH.jpg

Mark

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jeffs toys</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Recently dropped off a PSS to the guys at Accurate Ordnance. Told them I was in no rush for it, but it was ready in three weeks!! That included the time that David took to let me come up and teach me the proper way to bed a stock!! Folks, I can not say enough on the first class work and service that David, Mark and Jason provided, and how they made me feel like I was right at home! </div></div>

+100, Mark, David and Jason are some of the best guys I have met in the industry and I hope to give them a lot of business

I sent off a 700P to the guys @Accurate to be redone and recalibered to a 6.5x47. The gun is still being built, but the communication and service has been excellent so far. I can't wait to get my hands on it.

KT

The rifle is done, I should see it by the end of the week.

9396.jpg

9394.jpg

KT

Wait until you see it in person. We're pretty sure you'll be happy with the performance. Let us know how she shoots for you!

Take care and thanks again,

Mark

Very pretty rifles- it's good to see you opening shop-

It'll be a few months till I'm around to see it, but I'm happy to be looking forward to a new rifle.

Here is the test target they sent me. It shows lots of promise. I can't wait to get some rounds loaded up and see what I can do with it.

9402.jpg

KT

Congrats David and company, I was just talking to Ellington earlier this week and found out about the new venture. I'm sure y'all will do well.

We greatly appreciate all the support we've gotten so far. It really means a lot and is very humbling. We've had some pretty interesting projects so far too.

This rifle was build the other day for a pretty special customer. Action is one of the new Stiller MK13s for the military contract.
mk13_02_ca_SH.jpg

mk13AX_01_ca_SH.jpg

This is a light-weight hunter in 300 WSM. It is headed on an elk hunt very soon.
mb_23_ca_SH.jpg

We've also been working on some interesting handgun projects. For example, we've threaded several Smith & Wesson Model 41 handguns. Jason has gotten very creative and has knocked out some pretty cool threading work. This particular 41 also got Cerakote on it. Not something you see everyday.

sConn_18_ca_SH.jpg

We also had a customer want an AAC TiRant45 from us but wanted a barrel threaded specific to the suppressor. So, we fitted a Storm Lake extended barrel, threaded it and then re-finished the entire pistol in Cerakote.

heath1911_09_ca_SH.jpg

Our current turnaround time is about three weeks on a full build once we have all parts in hand. We have many Rock Creek and Bartlein barrels in stock as well.

Thanks again.

Mark

That is a nice looking AX Book.

Sorry for the bad pics. It has been a busy day.

ax308_ca_SH.jpg

ax302_02_ca_SH.jpg

By the time I could take good pictures Dave already had Jason working on the barrel while he was opening the action for AW mags. Gonna be a neat build though.

Pierce action
X-Treme Shooting's new single-stage trigger (very nice!)
AX Chassis
Rock barrel
Nightforce 3.5-15x50 Velocity Reticle
New suppressor (can't mention it yet)

Gonna be a cool little rifle I think.

Great company! They did a nice job coating my 700 5r and adding a new bolt knob! I will be back for sure in the future! Thanks again Mark on some great work!

They should be getting ready to start another AX chassis build once all my parts come in.

KT

David, are you coming to the Practical Marksman's Challenge at Huskey's place next year? I just got a barrel for my .308, and need you to screw it on for me after the match.

Hey, Jamie.

Yes, David will be at the Practical Marksman Match. Look forward to seeing you.

I'm responding just because I know Dave is tied up tonight.

Regards,

Mark

Left my kimber advanced tactical yesterday for some AO magic. Very nice shop with a lot going on and a good group of guys. So lucky to have them a short drive away!

Jim

Good looking bang sticks. Best of luck.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GlockMasterG9</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good luck with the new shop, Im in greenville SC you guys are just a hop skip and jump down the road. </div></div>

Don't be a stranger then! Never know who is gonna show up in the shop. It's always a fun time for sure with lots of neat projects.

Mark

The ax chasis with the pierce action looks awesome. Could you post some better pics, that gun looks like a winner.

Rich

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The ax chasis with the pierce action looks awesome. Could you post some better pics, that gun looks like a winner.</div></div>

I've handled this gun up close, and the pics really do no justice!

Maybe some of these would be interesting...

This one was built for a Harris Publications magazine article coming out in the next couple months.

There is a new Harris Publications magazine coming out called Rifle Firepower. We were asked to build something for a feature article. Since the magazine is more focused on leading edge technologies and gear, we decided to build something using components that few other companies were using or even able to gt their hands on.

This is what we built.

DSC_8552Large.jpg

DSC_8740Large.jpg

When picking the components I decided on the Pierce Engineering short-action. Pierce is very well known in benchrest communities but not in the "tactical" world. We're hoping to help change that. They offer a cone bolt face and that is a feature I wanted. It aids in positive feeding in adverse conditions and also helps feed certain specialty rounds that otherwise can get hung up on tradition squared bolt breech faces. (More on those rounds later. We were also asked to test some different and new to the market ammunition for a side article and felt the cone breech might help feed those rounds.)

axGunChamber_caLarge.jpg

You can see the bolt face here but also notice the Sako-style extractor for better reliability in extraction.
308AX_20111114_07_caLarge.jpg

The action also is available with a tactical oversized bolt knob, pinned recoil lug and 20-MOA base. I opted for all those features.

Next up was barrel. Easy decision for me, I wanted a Rock Creek finished at 22" in their Sendero contour which is slightly bigger than their Remington Varminter. The contour provided enough material to machine into it the taper I'd need for the suppressor I wanted to run, which is a custom one of a kind suppressor. Ron Allen from Ops Inc made me the suppressor. It is serial number 001 from Allen Engineering, Ron's side company he solely owns and runs for suppressor design. There is more on that story but I can't say anything just yet. But what I can tell you is the suppressor is similar to an Ops 12th Model except it is a direct thread mount to the muzzle without using a brake.

I had a requirement to use forward mounted nightvision with this build. So when it came to the stock I selected the new AX chassis from Accuracy International. These are starting to become available but a few months ago when we built this rifle no one had these. Our friends at AI hooked us up for this special project.

For the trigger we had been playing around with a new trigger from X-Treme Shooting Products. I'd used their two-stage and liked it a lot but the new single-stage that was being developed in part for some tier one groups is what intrigued me the most. Tom at X-Treme was just coming out with some changes and I wanted them on this rifle. The trigger is fully enclosed in a protective body. It is user adjustable and can be set as low and as crisp as the best benchrest trigger yet remain absolutely consistent and reliable. It is not prone to losing adjustment or becoming gritty without regular cleanings like some other triggers. Keep in mind the target market for these triggers.

The last thing was the glass. I knew it had to be a Nightforce but I wanted something special. So, NF hooked us up with one of only two 3.5-15x50 scopes with the new Velocity reticle. These will be commercially available around April. This is a calibrated reticle. Get a 200-yard zero then you have holds for each 100-yards out to 1000. You still have a 100-yard holding point (first horizontal line above reticle center). The vertical bars on the horizontals are 5, 10 and 15 mile wind holds.

nfVelocityReticle_caLarge.jpg

DSC_8686Large.jpg

The reticle proves VERY fast in the field. I love it.

After it was all together we tested it before the Harris folks came up. It was easy to shoot sub .25-MOA groups with various factory ammo.

axGunBHgroup_caLarge.jpg

The side-folding AX chassis is very comfortable to shoot and really packs a lot of cool features. I couldn't be happier.

DSC_8633Large.jpg

The nightvision scope mounts securely to the forward rail on the chassis. It does not need to sit perfectly in line with the day optic to work. So, it might look a little too high, but it works perfectly.

DSC_8757Large.jpg

I knew pretty quickly into the process I'd be keeping this build so I personally picked each component to be exactly what I wanted. Jason Nixon did all the machining work on the rifle. David Walker was project supervisor checking everything along the way. Then Dave mixed some custom Cerakote for me to best match the color of the chassis skins.

I couldn't be happier. We've let a lot of folks shoot this rifle in the last couple months and everyone has had nothing but positive feedback and praise for it. I went shooting last Friday night with a few friends and my buddy Kevin shot this five-shot group with Federal Gold MM. He put three of the rounds literally in the same hole with two more shots starting to drift slightly down to the right. Several other guys were there to witness it and they also got to shoot the rifle and easily shot groups pretty close to this one.

kevinB_group_caLarge.jpg

Mark

Not only does it look awesome but it shoots great too!?! Wow!Great work! Keep the pics coming. Thanks!

We wish everyone a happy, safe and prosperous New Year. We're very thankful for the strong support we've received and appreciate all our customers very much.

Several builds are just finishing up and we'll have lots of pictures to share next week.

Take care.

Mark

Contacted Mark about the PCR...quick response with great info. Guess who is now in line for a PCR build
smile.gif
I can't wait until he gets the parts inhouse so he can begin! I have the silencer...now to choose the glass.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AlpacaFarmer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Contacted Mark about the PCR...quick response with great info. Guess who is now in line for a PCR build
smile.gif
I can't wait until he gets the parts inhouse so he can begin! I have the silencer...now to choose the glass. </div></div>

Congrats!! I played with it a bit this past weekend and it is an awesome rifle!!!

Make sure you post pics!!

These guys did some bolt knob work for me and they were great to deal with, and fast turn around.

I have a new build in the works and can't wait to get.

Thanks guys, and keep up the great work.

Americans at their finest! Love seeing all these new Gunsmiths.

Fine American craftsmanship. Beautiful work, You'll be very successful!