• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accurate Ordnance makes a Veteran very happy!!

oneshot976

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 19, 2005
Mooresville, North Carolina
Good Morning Gentlemen,
I set out on a mission have a rifle built for my Dad who US Army 1SG Retired as well as a Vietnam Veteran. This rifle is something that I have wanted to do for my Dad for quite some time and had several ideas in mind. I knew I wanted an original yet clean and simple design.

I had a couple of conversations with David Walker and Jason Nixon at AO about the direction I wanted to go with this rifle and they offered some great ideas and suggestions. I then turned the concept over to them and waited for the finished product. All I can say is WOW!!

I want to extend a huge Thank You to David and Jason for the time and effort they put into making this rifle something truly special!! I presented this rifle to my Dad this past weekend at the Vern Harrison Long Range Invitational Match and the look on his face is something I will never forget.

DadsRifle.jpg

Drill Sergeant Challenge Coin embedded into the stock. Dad spent 5 years under the hat...
DadsRifle4.jpg

1st Signal Brigade Insignia engraved into the barrel...
DadsRifle3.jpg

Thanks,
Mike

Re: Accurate Ordnance makes a Veteran very happy!!

that is awesome, very very nice rifle.

Looks great! Thanks for sharing.

Hats off, man. That's a fantastic way to honor your father.

Man that thing is beautiful. Excellent story, too. I'm sure you made your dad a very happy man.

They did a great job, I'm sure your Dad is proud. Love the personal touches.

That is freakin cool what they did with the challenge coin. I have never seen that before.

That rifle is even better looking in person. Hats off to AO, you and your dad.

That is a fine rifle, and the Accurate Ordnance crew are some of the best there is! Very good people to work with.

What a great way to honor your Father's years of service. Well played sir.

Guns

I would have love to seen his face when you gave him that! Very classy move.

Very Cool Mike...now drag his ol' ass up the Mountain!!!

Very nice rifle and great thing to do for your father.

The guys at AO are almost done with my rifle build. Got some pics in the email this morning, can't wait to lay my hands on it when I get back CONUS next month.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 19Scout77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very Cool Mike...now drag his ol' ass up the Mountain!!! </div></div>

His old rear RAN up the mountain.

I should make sure my two sons see this thread...you never know
grin.gif

Mike....
Very well done to you and Accurate Ordnance!
As great as the pics are, they don't do this rifle justice... you really have to see it to truly appreciate the craftsmanship! And yes, it's a shooter!

This project is a great tribute to a GREATER man (and to all Veterans)!

BTW... superb match last weekend! Congratulations on a well thought out and executed match!

Jay

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jon Lester</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 19Scout77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very Cool Mike...now drag his ol' ass up the Mountain!!! </div></div>

His old rear RAN up the mountain. </div></div>

Thanks guys, I was a lot of fun to give him this rifle!!

Eric,
As Jon said there is no dragging him up the mountain! He can beat most of us to the top!

Thanks,
Mike

I had a chance to inspect the rifle at the Match. The creativity and attention to detail were off the chart. The First Sgt. was speechless... and that doesn't happen very often!

Mike, David and Jason - congrats on outstanding event.

Well done. Great way to show your Dad how proud you are of him and thank him for his service.

Very cool. I was squadded with Mark Kutzka (sp?) at Mammoth, and chatted with Dave a bit as well. When there was a $500 cert for AO smithwork vailable on the prize table, it was a no-brainer. They've got my DPMS SASS right now, rebarreling to 260. Can't wait!

You did a great job.I would of loved to see both of your faces.Your dads one lucky guy and that's not because of the gun.That's for having a son like you.job well done.Now tell dad lets see some Holes.

Very nicely done!

I wish my son would do this for me. He is only a year and a half though so I probably have a while to wait.

Nice groups, did the boy do the shooting or was it you. AO built a shooter for sure.

That's what we want to see.Nice

Mike,

It was a pleasure working on this build for your dad. His reaction upon receiving it is something I will never forget. We greatly appreciate all his effort and hard work making the VHI match a success. I can't wait to get back to VA and shoot that rifle with him..... maybe at some deer this fall.

Beautiful rifle, I'm sure your father is honored! Thanks for sharing the pics and the story!

Very nice rifle and what a great thing to do for your father.

Congrats to your father and yourself. It's a looker and a shooter.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dwalker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike,

It was a pleasure working on this build for your dad. His reaction upon receiving it is something I will never forget. We greatly appreciate all his effort and hard work making the VHI match a success. I can't wait to get back to VA and shoot that rifle with him..... maybe at some deer this fall. </div></div>

Thanks again Dave! Dad is so happy with his rifle!! I am very happy that the match was a success as well. I will be posting some pics from the match and an update soon. I am still waiting to get some pictures from some of the shooters.

Thanks,
Mike

I don't normally like bling on a rifle, butthe coin is bad ass!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pd721el</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't normally like bling on a rifle, butthe coin is bad ass! </div></div>

And earned!!!!!

You're a first class dude Mike!

Great Dad, Great son, Great rifle built by a Really Great group of guys.
Semper Fi