• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ace barrels vs the rest bartlein brux ect...

Schw15

Longrange
Minuteman
  • Jul 21, 2019
    Colorado
    I know they made the 22 barrels for voodoo. But has anyone tried there blanks in bigger magnums? Do they hold up at elr distance like the other barrels?

I know they made the 22 barrels for voodoo. But has anyone tried there blanks in bigger magnums? Do they hold up at elr distance like the other barrels?
    A good friend of mine has a 7prc on an ace blank, shoots really well! I have a few 6.5 blanks that will be cut to 65cm for my nrl hunter build. They offer a lot of options in 6mm: 237 bore and 236, 6 and 4 groove. I need to call and pin down some info prior to ordering a 6mm blank but I will be eventually.

Edit: forgot to mention I have an ace rem varm 9tw 30cal that getting chambered to 300norma imp at 22" on a bat igniter, that's going in a manners pro hunter for a long range elk rig.

A good friend of mine has a 7prc on an ace blank, shoots really well! I have a few 6.5 blanks that will be cut to 65cm for my nrl hunter build. They offer a lot of options in 6mm: 237 bore and 236, 6 and 4 groove. I need to call and pin down some info prior to ordering a 6mm blank but I will be eventually.

Edit: forgot to mention I have an ace rem varm 9tw 30cal that getting chambered to 300norma imp at 22" on a bat igniter, that's going in a manners pro hunter for a long range elk rig.
    I have the same bat igniter which is an awesome action in 300 norma improved but mine is all for elr. I'm curious to see what your experience is with the ace barrel and the 300 norma improved