• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing ACIS 2.0 stock to .300 recoil lug?? Is it OK??

hwgunner

Private
Minuteman
Apr 30, 2014
so I have an ACIS 2.0 stock and the action and barrel i have to put in it has a 3.0 recoil lug. The stock itself is set up for a standard recoil lug and i am just trying to confirm that it is OK to open up the lug recess area for the thicker lug. It sure looks like there is plenty of meat there but just want to know if there is anyone with first hand experience. Here is a picture of the area with the lug sitting on it.
unnamed.jpg

I have opened several up with no problems. Be sure to remove the material from the front of the lug recess so that the lug still sits squarely against the back of the recess.

I opened mine as well. No issues. Just go slow and check for fit often.

The front is it. Thank you guys. I appreciate it.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

No worries dude. I cut them fast on all the ones I did. If you only do the front of the opening it doesn't matter how crappy a job you do. It doesn't effect anything.

Another thing. If the lug is too long shorten it instead of cutting the chassis lug area deeper.

Another thing. If the lug is too long shorten it instead of cutting the chassis lug area deeper.
I was thinking about that but I did some measurements and it is just a bit short so I don't have to do anything.

Thanks again everyone for the info.

jonathan