• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ACSS Griffin Mill Recticle Any Compliments or Complaints?

Judcargile

Not about to hide in the hide.
Minuteman
  • Jun 2, 2021
    Prattville, AL
    I am very impressed with HORUS and ACSS reticles, as I have always had satisfactory results with reference marks for bullet drop. I have owned BORS and while it will give spot on corrections, it has mass and takes time. BDC recticles in every brand I have tried have never disappointed me. I have run an Accupoint and remembering impact from a first range trip at actual range was enough to be proficient. (triangle with double stadia)

Not thrilled with the weight of the platinum LPVO; But, the Microprism ACSS will take point.😉 I am not as spry as I was some decades ago and most likely have opportunity limited to 400 yards in my AO. The LPVO should be robust, so, I will take it over anything else that I can think of inspite of the heft. The speed of that reticle seems next level to me!

Anyone used ACSS recticles here?

I have the PLx 1-8 Griffin and love it. It’s on a .223 Wylde 12.5” BA gas gun. I shoot 77 gr SMK out to 600 fairly easily, especially with a spotter on a windy day. It’s hefty but certainly robust. I’ve not beaten it around but they warranty for life I’m pretty certain.

Reactions: Judcargile
    I've got a griffin mil 1-8 SFP, I like it. I've used the ACSS 556 raptor in a 2.5-10 and it was pretty solid. The 6.5 apollo I wasnt too much of a fan of, it was what started the turning point to mil trees over BDC reticles for me.

I have two ACSS scopes, one for 5.56 and one for 7.62x39. Both are second focal plane. I have owned a bunch of "BDC" scopes over the years and was always disappointed with them. I was reluctant to try the ACSS after past experiences but it is obvious that a lot more work was put in during testing to make sure it did work right, and it definitely does work.

They work great but are not precision rifle scopes. They are designed to be a combat optic and as such the BDC doesn't line up perfectly with every possible load but it is close enough to get hits on man sized targets from point blank to distance. They workVERY well for what they were designed for. I have had my 5.56 ACSS on a 18" DMR and love it in that roll. It works well but I think I am going to put the ACSS on my 11.5" and give it a try. On the AK the ACSS reticle works just as well but the limiting factor there is the ammunition. I zero it at 100 yards and I can get regular hits out to about 300 yards then the ammunition starts causing misses.

I have used the 5.56 ACSS reticle to engage man sized steel targets from 100 to 600 yards. I could make a hit every couple of seconds hitting one target then engaging another target. I normally zero the 5.56 scope/rifle at 300 using the 300 mark in the scope. Then I see how it does out to 500 yards on a 1/2 IPSC target and tweak the zero if it needs it. At close range it just isn't going to matter if you are off by an inch or two.

Both of mine are SFP and for these I prefer SFP. The reason is when you go to 1X the reticle stays the same size and is super easy to pick up. At 6X the BDC works right and you still have a largish reticle.

It has a place for a spare battery for the scope. Zeroing is zeroing, nothing special but
    I have yet to have the zero shift or move at all. For the last 2 years I have been using the same ammunition, through the same gun with the same scope. Not once have I had to make adjustments because the zero shifted. The illumination is daytime bright but if you have problems with a reticle dimmer than you like you can stack two 2016 batteries in this scope to increase the brightness. If the scope has electronics you cannot do this but scopes with a rheostat adjustment you can.

With all the praise I do have some complaints. The biggest is it just isn't a clear scope. I mean it is really blurry but no surprise considering where my scope was made. Maybe the more expensive scopes are clearer but this is a "combat" optic so it doesn't need to be super clear but hopefully with time they can keep them at a decent price point while improving their optical quality.The eye box is good but not great.

If anyone has any specific questions or any questions in general I will gladly try to answer them.