• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Action base

anginaprinzmetal

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jun 13, 2014
Ordering a custom short action with integrated base
Caliber will be a 6mm. Not sure what flavor, probably 6BR or variant
Will be used for PRS NRL matches mostly
Question is should I go 20 or 30 MOA?
Thx

I have 20MOA with a Dasher and XRS2 scope and don't come close to bottoming out the scope out to 1200.

I run a 30 moa base on my 260.

If there’s any chance of that action being used for more than 6BR I definitely look at 20-30.

Lots of things to consider however in general I think 20 suites more peoples needs. Not saying there is not a place for 30 but I think its for a much smaller set of people.

My main concern is scope use, if my calculations are correct most good scopes (Razor Gen 2, USO B25, Kahles, Nightforce, etc) should have enough elevation travel to allow to zero at 100 yds w/ 30 MOA base without significant optic distortion. Is that assumption correct?

20 lets you use a 20moa mount for scopes like raxor gen 2, NF, etc. 30 is unlikely to. either is completely acceptable is using rings