• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Action for a 300 PRC?

Hollywood 6mm

Old Salt
Minuteman
Dec 9, 2013
Flori-duh.
I've got the itch for a 300 PRC this year, but I can't figure out what action I want to run. Normally I'd say Defiance right off the bat, but I can't find where they make a CIP-length long action. If they do, and I've missed it, feel free to show me where they are and I'll be happy.

This will be a pure belly/bench rifle in a chassis, with a truck axle-sized Bartlein barrel. Reliability, 700 footprint, CIP-length magazine compatibility, and a minimum of 20MOA rail are all requirements.

So, what actions should I consider for this?

Reactions: BFAhlborn
Is the Desert Tech an option? I love mine and I'm going out in a few hours to test out my new 300 prc barrel

So I talked to someone offline, and apparently my understanding with CIP mags was a bit off. The bottom metal is the main issue, and some actions may need the feed ramp notched to allow feeding from them, similar to AICS mags without a binder plate. A Defiance LA will work just fine with CIP mags for a 300PRC, so it looks like that's my most likely route. Thanks for the suggestions, as it gives me other possibilities to consider if I find a good deal.

Reactions: kthomas
I went with one in a Surgeon 1086 and ion bonded the bolt. And the other is a Bighorn TL3 LA with CIP cut. The Bighorn shipped yesterday. Ordered right at Shot Show. Both with manners CIP mini chassis's. The other I have is a factory Cadex gun I had rebarreled and then installed the CIP mag sleeve.

Last edited:
Stiller has a tac 300, which should work, and isn’t oversized like the 338 action. Also, their Mk13 action would work.

I'd vote Stiller TAC 300 OR Mk13 as well. Along with many others out there, these are top-quality actions.

I use a LA Defiance, which has been polished and IonBonded, with CIP mags for .300NM. I had to specify CIP length for the mag cut, from what I remember.

Works great and is very slick.

Last edited: