• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing action wrench?

42769vette

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 4, 2009
liberty indiana
im finding all kinds of action wrenches for the 700. im needing one for the mod 70. will the ones for the 700 work?

Re: action wrench?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AJ300MAG</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you have access to a mill make one... </div></div>

i have a budy that does and may do just that.

any tips?

DSC00055.jpg

1-1/8" thick CRS. Bore hole to 1.355", split. Mill notch down to bottom of radius 1.180" wide. Drill&tap for 1/2-20 SHCS's. Have someone that knows how to weld, 1" diameter CRS handle 18" long. Wrench fits action behind the recoil lug. Enjoy...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AJ300MAG</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
DSC00055.jpg

1-1/8" thick CRS. Bore hole to 1.355", split. Mill notch down to bottom of radius 1.180" wide. Drill&tap for 1/2-20 SHCS's. Have someone that knows how to weld, 1" diameter CRS handle 18" long. Wrench fits action behind the recoil lug. Enjoy... </div></div>

you sir are a saint

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 42769vette</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i was told that a mauser wrech will work fine.

</div></div>
It will.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: keydiverfla</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 42769vette</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i was told that a mauser wrech will work fine.

</div></div>
It will. </div></div>

+1

I attached my handle to the side of mine.... Remington on one side, Win/Mauser on the other.... drill/tap your holes all the way through....

I have one of the Midway Rem 700 wrenches. Just flip the the wrench cap to the flat side for the bottom of a Win 70.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dinc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have one of the Midway Rem 700 wrenches. Just flip the the wrench cap to the flat side for the bottom of a Win 70. </div></div>

will it also fit a Mauser this way?