• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Active shooter taken out by good guy w gun (Indiana 7/17/22)

Update released today by the Greenwood Chief of Police. From the time that the first shot was fired by the fuckstick to when he was neutralized by Eli was only 15seconds.
294592175_473076561296637_2122210886395837879_n.jpg

Why would that matter?

I'd give a Phoenix Trinity Honcho to most of you and you couldn't make a 40 yard shot on anything.

Just in case anyone was wondering.

I would encourage you to give me said Phoenix Trinity Honcho. I promise you I will make a 40 yard shot. Just, I want it in silver. Thanks.

Reactions: MadDuner

I would encourage you to give me said Phoenix Trinity Honcho. I promise you I will make a 40 yard shot. Just, I want it in silver. Thanks.

Sure, give me $8000 and I'll give it to you

• Haha
Reactions: Bender
And people scoff when I tell them we shoot handguns to 100 yds.... because they were told that a defensive handgun shooting beyond 7 yds is no longer considered "defensive" in a court of law.

Silver for me, I'll get it done tomorrow, G19 or P320 carry

Update released today by the Greenwood Chief of Police. From the time that the first shot was fired by the fuckstick to when he was neutralized by Eli was only 15seconds.View attachment 7915519

I've read every report and watched all the videos so far, including eyewitness accounts. Dicken did a STELLAR job. Never stopped firing until the perp was out ded on his ass. 80 percent of his shots met the mark. I believe I read his grandfather taught him how to shoot.

His girlfriend's grandma was interviewed and said that her granddaughter saw the shooter first and pointed him out to Dicken. He pushed her down to the ground and told her to stay there. Only then did he take care of the business at hand.

The range was mentioned as around 30-yards. Another witness said Dicken shored himself up against a concrete column and then started firing. Smart to a) take cover and B) steady his firing position.

A total of 15 seconds... That was an incredibly fast response to the event. Dicken should be decorated!

Lesson to learn for the soyboy retard serial shooters. A sign that says "no guns allowed" on the door no longer makes it safe for you cowards anymore!

Last edited:
Well what do we have here?

They really went all out letting us know it even happened.

Bad guy killed 3 and wounded 2 more before he was taken out.

Head. Swivel.

GREENWOOD, Ind. -- Police say a shooting at an Indiana mall killed 3 people and wounded two before a civilian shot, killed gunman.
Wow, they really went into detail.

Screenshot_20220720-163736_Chrome.jpg

And people scoff when I tell them we shoot handguns to 100 yds.... because they were told that a defensive handgun shooting beyond 7 yds is no longer considered "defensive" in a court of law.
Well, apparently, it's legal in a food court :).

• Haha
Reactions: MadDuner
speaking of which, I've been absent from my range; but routinely I practice > 25 yd. I don't get the practice at <10. If I can consistently hit at 25-35 yards, I'm pretty damn sure I can hit at 7. This mentality has been scoffed at my range; but I'll continue to practice longer range shots. Am I saying I could have hit this guy at 40 yards? Under duress? I don't know. But this guy is a MAN, he's earned his "man-card" with clusters!!

Greenwood Mall owners respond:

"We grieve for the victims of yesterday’s horrific tragedy in Greenwood. Violence has no place in this or any other community. We are grateful for the strong response of the first responders, including the heroic actions of the good Samaritan who stopped the suspect," the mall's management said in a statement.

And the legal ramifications for the "no guns allowed" door sign in the same article:
https://www.indystar.com/story/news...policy-bystander-carried-legally/65375923007/

So apparently the bad guy had a juvenile record. Do we know yet if bad guy "legally purchased" his firearm? This goes back to if they want to put all these new bullshit laws in that will do NOTHING to prevent these mass shootings, then the juvenile record needs to be unsealed.

Donning flamesuit on this one. But obviously these people in these mass shootings have more than just a screw loose, freaking multiple bolts GONE, not even loose. And, all traced back to something in their juvenile record as well.

Reactions: Bender
Greenwood Mall owners respond:

"We grieve for the victims of yesterday’s horrific tragedy in Greenwood. Violence has no place in this or any other community. We are grateful for the strong response of the first responders, including the heroic actions of the good Samaritan who stopped the suspect," the mall's management said in a statement.

And the legal ramifications for the "no guns allowed" door sign in the same article:
https://www.indystar.com/story/news...policy-bystander-carried-legally/65375923007/
Wow, that's shocking they actually acknowledge Eli in a positive sense.

So apparently the bad guy had a juvenile record. Do we know yet if bad guy "legally purchased" his firearm? This goes back to if they want to put all these new bullshit laws in that will do NOTHING to prevent these mass shootings, then the juvenile record needs to be unsealed.

Donning flamesuit on this one. But obviously these people in these mass shootings have more than just a screw loose, freaking multiple bolts GONE, not even loose. And, all traced back to something in their juvenile record as well.

Other articles have stated that both rifles were purchased legally earlier this year within a day or two of each other. No word on how he got the handgun.

Attorney: No-gun policy won't create legal issue for armed bystander​

If a customer does not adhere to the policy, a business owner can demand that the customer leaves. And if the customer ignores that demand, the customer is now trespassing, which is an Indiana crime.

But if no one asked Dicken to leave, then he wasn't trespassing.

"So the fact that (Greenwood Park Mall) had a no-gun policy creates no legal issue whatsoever for this gentleman," Relford said, "and it certainly has no effect whatsoever on his ability to use force to defend himself or to defend the other people in the mall."

Jody Madeira, an Indiana University law professor, echoed Relford's sentiment, agreeing that Dicken may have violated Simon Mall’s policy prohibiting firearms at the mall, but “he wasn’t committing a crime unless they asked him to leave and he refused.”

“It’s disrespectful,” she said of violating the mall’s policy, “but it’s not unlawful.”

Regularly shoot handguns at 50 and 100yds. A man at 50yds is fucking huge and not a terribly difficult thing to hit.

Put another way, a mans shoulders are 16.2" wide on average. At 7 yds this is almost the exact equivalent of a 2" dot on the target.

Can you hit a 2" dot on a 7yd target with your pistol? Yes? Then get some at 50 yds.

Well what do we have here?

They really went all out letting us know it even happened.

Bad guy killed 3 and wounded 2 more before he was taken out.

Head. Swivel.

GREENWOOD, Ind. -- Police say a shooting at an Indiana mall killed 3 people and wounded two before a civilian shot, killed gunman.
I commend you for using the correct terminology on your post. Active Shooter Event is the correct terminology. The liberal press and commenters on sites that allow them are all using the term Mass Shooting or Mass Shooters, which are meaningless terms.

The bullseye for the NRA bullseye match at 50 yds is 8" in diameter. Granted it's slow fire at that range, but it is one handed, standing, unsupported. A good marksman will hit it 80% of the time. An excellent marksman will hit it 100% of the time. So 50 yds with a pistol has been shot for years and years. Of course, the target isn't shooting back.

The bullseye for the NRA bullseye match at 50 yds is 8" in diameter. Granted it's slow fire at that range, but it is one handed, standing, unsupported. A good marksman will hit it 80% of the time. An excellent marksman will hit it 100% of the time. So 50 yds with a pistol has been shot for years and years. Of course, the target isn't shooting back.
There is zero time pressure in NRA stuff

speaking of which, I've been absent from my range; but routinely I practice > 25 yd. I don't get the practice at <10. If I can consistently hit at 25-35 yards, I'm pretty damn sure I can hit at 7. This mentality has been scoffed at my range; but I'll continue to practice longer range shots. Am I saying I could have hit this guy at 40 yards? Under duress? I don't know. But this guy is a MAN, he's earned his "man-card" with clusters!!

How much time pressure do you put yourself under?

Do you know how many times I've seen people completely miss a USPSA target a 5 - 7 yards?

Reactions: TACC
Y'all want to measure how good you would be? Here are some tests for you:

For 08-01, a hit factor score (total points/total time) of 3.04 or higher is acceptable. 4.3 or higher is getting into the shit hot category.

For 03-14, a points score within par time (no hit factor on this one) of 57 or higher is acceptable. 80 or higher is getting into the shit hot category.

Attachments

• 03-14.pdf
    161.3 KB · Views: 53
  • 08-01.pdf
    160.9 KB · Views: 73
How much time pressure do you put yourself under?

Do you know how many times I've seen people completely miss a USPSA target a 5 - 7 yards?
Easy answer: Not as much as I should!! And in all honesty, I don't thing but maybe one bay at my range could handle any of these setups due to length of bay. Could get close (the bay I usually use).

Y'all want to measure how good you would be? Here are some tests for you:

For 08-01, a hit factor score (total points/total time) of 3.04 or higher is acceptable. 4.3 or higher is getting into the shit hot category.

For 03-14, a points score within par time (no hit factor on this one) of 57 or higher is acceptable. 80 or higher is getting into the shit hot category.
I like your posts a lot but you're missing something really important here. According to witnesses he was shooting from a "supported" position. I'll try to find that again and post it here but can't guarantee that.

I like your posts a lot but you're missing something really important here. According to witnesses he was shooting from a "supported" position. I'll try to find that again and post it here but can't guarantee that.

Initial reports said he steadied himself on a cement pillar, I believe those might've come from witnesses at the scene but after initial contact he started closing the distance between himself and the shooter while maintaining contact.

I'm not missing anything. I've seen pictures of the food court and know what he did.

The one who is missing the point is you. Go run those USPSA classifiers and see how you do. I guaran-fucking-tee you they'll humble you.

Especially the one with the 35 yard targets.

The last two are fake news

He did have a license (not that it matters)

And in Indiana private property posted no guns have no force of law other than being simple trespass if you refuse to leave.

"Neutralized" I don't know why but that word is very appealing to me, its clean , professional and clinical in terms of speaking of an active shooter which becomes inactive. Any video of the shooter showing his shocked face when taking the first of many rounds .......

The last two are fake news

He did have a license (not that it matters)

And in Indiana private property posted no guns have no force of law other than being simple trespass if you refuse to leave.
Settle down, its just a meme.

The police chief said he was Constitutional carrying in press conferences, and the mall was in fact marked as a "gun free zone" even if Indiana law says the penalty for violating that is a <snicker> trespass warning.

I'm not missing anything. I've seen pictures of the food court and know what he did.

The one who is missing the point is you. Go run those USPSA classifiers and see how you do. I guaran-fucking-tee you they'll humble you.

USPSA is not the end all metric by which to measure combat performance... because it's not combat. The targets are stationary, they don't shoot back, and it doesn't occur in a shopping mall.

I'm not saying it's easy, not saying most people who talk shit about it have a clue what it's about.

What I am saying is throwing it out there like it's some measure of gunfighting performance is silly. It's a measurement of shooting ability within a set of rules and conditions under a specific amount of time.

Not saying it's easy, most people I'm sure fuck it up all the time. But a measure of gunfighting ability it's not. So let's stop pretending it is.

Reactions: mewillis
USPSA is not the end all metric by which to measure combat performance... because it's not combat. The targets are stationary, they don't shoot back, and it doesn't occur in a shopping mall.

I'm not saying it's easy, not saying most people who talk shit about it have a clue what it's about.

What I am saying is throwing it out there like it's some measure of gunfighting performance is silly. It's a measurement of shooting ability within a set of rules and conditions under a specific amount of time.

Not saying it's easy, most people I'm sure fuck it up all the time. But a measure of gunfighting ability it's not. So let's stop pretending it is.
I didn't say it was a measure of gunfighting skill. It's a measure of shooting skill under pressure, and having a high level of shooting skill under pressure is needed to win gunfights.

At least I think so.....

The nature park where I walk the dog is posted "gun free" WTF that means, meanwhile fuzz get called down there all the time from the crackheads running around naked pounding their pud and trying to rob the joggers. When I called the City to ask why they designated the trail "gun free" they said "for your safety". I'll use my safety not yours thanks.

Reactions: mikeinfwa
Initial reports said he steadied himself on a cement pillar, I believe those might've come from witnesses at the scene but after initial contact he started closing the distance between himself and the shooter while maintaining contact.
I heard a "column" has well - some concealment, I doubt much cover, but support ?...would love to see video.

I could see this being replicated in a match stage...

Reactions: Maverick3009
Reactions: FWoo45

Man, you have to chill a bit. "I've seen pictures of the food court and know what he did." I will post the pictures below in a sec. You know what he did? Guess you were there?

At this point it's all hearsay - period. And we all should know how unreliable that stuff is.

As for shooting USPSA - not interested. I consider myself a good pistol shot - with thousands of shots downrange. Had training in the 1990s from a retired Sheriff swat instructor. Going back even further to 1984, fun for us was going to the clay pit early in the morning and shooting 7-eleven Big Gulp cups at 100 yards with our model 29 .44 magnums with the 8-3/8-inch barrels. Iron sights of course. Back in those days I had 20-25 eyesight and that helped A LOT.

So here are the images:

The first is the diagram from the mall owners (Simon). It shows the restrooms on the right and Blondies Cookies (where Dicken was) top left.

20220721_120144595_iOS.png

Next is an image of the food court looking straight at the restrooms pretty much from Blondie's Cookies. Now this image was taken with a wide-angle lens. This makes distances look a lot further out than with normal eyesight.

Bystanders mentioned two things. First that he shored up to a column and second that he moved towards the shooter while directing people to the exit. Well, the image shows the only three columns in the place. The closest one to Dicken is almost all the way to the center of the food court. Finally, the whole thing was over in 15-seconds.

I won't speculate but taking all the hearsay and the timeframe into account we can all do the math.
20220721_120508703_iOS.png

Man, you have to chill a bit. "I've seen pictures of the food court and know what he did." I will post the pictures below in a sec. You know what he did? Guess you were there?
I wasn't there. I've read what an IMPD detective who was there has said.

At this point it's all hearsay - period. And we all should know how unreliable that stuff is.
Some hearsay is much more credible than others

As for shooting USPSA - not interested. I consider myself a good pistol shot - with thousands of shots downrange. Had training in the 1990s from a retired Sheriff swat instructor.
I'm sure you are since you said so.

SWAT cops........LOL

I wasn't there. I've read what an IMPD detective who was there has said.

Some hearsay is much more credible than others

I'm sure you are since you said so.

SWAT cops........LOL
I guess I'll have to show you then.... Oh, and laugh all you want but do not mess with Florida sheriff's swat.

My drill these days is as follows:

- carry guns only (Glock 26 and SIG P938 SAS)
- 5 rounds in magazine
- start from low ready
- 5 shots as fast as I can recover sights (these days at my old age it's a hair under a second per shot)
- 3-inch shoot n see target at 7 yards
- shoot same target 10-times for total of 50 rounds (a whole box of ammo)

Hit percentage is 85 percent. ~ 85%. Go ahead - try it :).

And pictures for the non-believers:

i-9KHCsXh-M.jpg

i-3pGzwR6-M.jpg

i-zFhKbCS-M.jpg

I used to administer sim training. Mostly involving vehicular situations.

We had dedicated vehicles for this - so I could hit the target car at 3 mph with the first training car and then get out screaming and violent for example.

I was always shockingly dissapointed in the average beginners performance against paper and dots - and I was always amazed at how the same exact person would do against someone trying to drag them out of a vehicle and beat them. Scenario outcomes were always better than I predicted.

Of course when you flip the coin to “attacker starts shooting at you while you were trapped in the vehicle” all bets are off. Being stuck in a disabled unarmored vehicle while someone shoots at you? That can fuck right off. I’ll be staying home for that lol.

It was especially good cause the cars had no windows or windshields so the trainees were getting hit.

Just some strange intel from the field.