• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Adam Arms/Voodoo barrels?

Nocalphoenix

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 19, 2008
Montana
Any thoughts on current production Voodoo barrels? With a background geared more towards precision shooting and just getting my feet wet in AR stuff again I cringe at the thought of a chrome lined barrel giving great accuracy. When I see the higher end name brand barrels with chrome lining running $280 I start thinking about cheaper blaster barrels available for far less. I found the Voodoo barrels for a reasonable price, about $209, and like the idea of melonite coatings. I understand you get what you pay for and a piece of crap then is melonited is still a piece of crap, just more wear resistant.

Along the lines of a blaster quality barrel, if running open sights (not considering DCM quality shooting) or a red dot are the high end barrels like DD worth it or will a PSA serve just as well?

Also is there any feedback on the Brownells barrels yet? I spoke with a tech yesterday and he stated they are being made by Satern Barrels and the black nitride finish is almost as durable as melonite.

Thanks for any feedback, I am reading a ton here and learning a lot.

Black nitride melonite it's all basically the same.

If you just want a blaster barrel the palmetto barrels are every bit as good as the daniel defense. Bravocompany also has some 200something dollar carbine barrels that are probably just fine.

Another one is AR15performance they have a 16" pencil barrel I was thinking about. My last barrel from them was less than stellar though but I'd be willing to give them another shot.

Palmetto barrels are generally FN barrels. I would say their CHF barrels are probably up there in quality with Daniel Defense, but their non-hammer forged barrels arent quite there, not to say they are bad barrels though.

Bravo Company barrels are pretty nice as well for the money. They are Criterion barrels which is the button rifled part of Krieger although they are now completely seperate, but they were started by Krieger.

Satern barrels are supposed to be decent, but I dont have any time behind one.

Black Hole Weaponry is another to look for, I think they are around the $200 price point and I have heard a lot of good things about them. For a little more money(250-280) a Bergara(I think thats how its spelled) looks like a pretty good barrel as well.

What would expected accuracy be with a typical chrome lined barrel? I have no expectation of getting or even needing 1moa accuracy for a patrol rifle but at the same time I do like to get as much accuracy as possible.