• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Adding the Tac-338 to my collection

spersky

Private
Minuteman
May 3, 2010
Hello,

After years of extensive long rang shooting and reloading in the 308 realm. I decided to take the plunge with the Tac-338 with USO SN-3 5-25x. with 26.5'' 1/10 barrel. I have always wanted the 338 LM, and I guess all this recent gun ban scare has motivated me to finally take the plunge.

I managed to actually find some powder and primers that should get me started working up loads. Going to start with Berger 300 gr match Tac/hybrid H1000 and CCI 250 Primers with Lapua brass. Honestly, that is the only stuff I could find in stock anywhere.

I have ready access to a 500 yard range for load workup etc on my own property. I know that is short range for a 338, but better than nothing.

Re: Adding the Tac-338 to my collection

It will make you smile when you get to air it out... Welcome to the club!

I just got my 338 about 2 months ago and i it will hold an Inch and a half group out to 500 all day long and then the magic number of 650 the groups get tighter and i have taken it to 800 and that is it so far.good luck i am shooting the 4831 with federal 215 and berger 300 gr

Did you get the Tac-338.

What is the twist rate on your barrel. the Tac-338 came with a 1/10 twist.

no mine was a custom on a badger m 2008 with a Rock Creek 1:9.4 twist. It is a blast to shoot.

I just got my 338 about 2 months ago and i it will hold an Inch and a half group out to 500 all day long and then the magic number of 650 the groups get tighter and i have taken it to 800 and that is it so far.good luck i am shooting the 4831 with federal 215 and berger 300 gr

Wink,

How many grains of 4831 are you using in that load? The results looks great.