• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Adjustable Cheek Piece Hardware

chris19210

Private
Minuteman
Nov 7, 2010
East Texas
Who makes adjustable cheek piece hardware? If you have one how do you like it? I'm not speaking of the karsten cheek pieces but the actual hardware used to make the adjustable comb out of your existing stock. Thanks

Re: Adjustable Cheek Piece Hardware

Tim, this is the Karsten style cheek-piece. I' am interested in the integrated version. Somebody offers the hardware needed-you can then cut your stock and install hardware and then have a adjustable comb. Manners and McMillan have them on some of their stocks.

Warner Toool in NH makes one. Also Steve McGee in Kansas.Sorry old guy-am not good with links! barry

Nice thing with the unit Warner makes is the cheekpiece is held in place by very strong magnets. This allows you to remove the cheekpiece for cleaning or bolt removal without losing you height settings. Scroll down to the bottom of the page.

http://www.warner-tool.com/riflehardware.htm

The WTC thumbwheel Adjustable Cheek piece hardware utilizes a removable coil spring/circlip to allow cheek piece removal.

The S.McGee unit has the rare earth magnet set up.

The KMW hardware has the same benefit but with a different approach. All horizontal and vertical settings are retained when the cheek piece is removed and replaced.

The OP may want to do a search on this topic. I think I remember a bunch of reasons why Manners and McMillan don't want you sawing away a chunk of their stock if it aint molded for the 2 piece design.

respectfully,
Clay