• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes ADM help needed ASAP

deadduck357

Private
Minuteman
Mar 2, 2010
Tx
Which American Defense scope mount for use with Burris XTR-14 ? Recon or Recon X ? Scout or Scout X ?

or input from any 1-4x owners

Re: ADM help needed ASAP

I'm assuming it's for an AR?

If you shoot NTCH than the Recon X/Scout X.

If you shoot with your face further back than the Recon/Scout.

Recon's have 2 clamp and more expensive.

Scout's have 1 clamp and cheaper.

The one thing I dislike about ADM mounts is that the tension adjustment only has a finite amount of movement due to the octagon nut. 1 position maybe be to tight, and the next may be to loose (as was the case with the ADM I had). This probably wont be to big a deal with a recon because you have double the clamps. But on the scout, it may be a problem.

Yes it for an AR. Have also been thinking about the LaRue, Bobro and GG&G. I prefer the quick release levers on the ADM. I can't find much info on the Bobro, their web-site only shows Aimpoint mounts, not the scope mounts. I also don't shoot nose to CH.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadduck357</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes it for an AR. Have also been thinking about the LaRue, Bobro and GG&G. I prefer the quick release levers on the ADM. I can't find much info on the Bobro, their web-site only shows Aimpoint mounts, not the scope mounts. I also don't shoot nose to CH. </div></div>

Make sure you take a look at the Bobro, it's a great mount for an AR. The QD mechanism is self adjusting and the machining is top notch. I've got a Trijicon branded Bobro purchased from one of the 'hide sponsors.

Bobro is my hands down favorite and what I personally use.

The clamp mechanism is a self compensating lock, so there is no adjustment needed. It will clamp down with the same amount of force everytime regardless of if the rail is in spec or not.

It will not burnish the receiver like the LaRue.

Locking lever engages automatically and can be removed by one hand, yet not open unintentionally.

Their website is pretty generic, and ar15 has a HUGE LaRue fanbase, so all you'll ever find is LaRue or nothing. Head on over to www.weaponevolution.com, the designer of Bobro posts over there.

Bobro mounts are also rebranded as trijicon accupoint mounts, you'll find it on their website.

Here's the thread about the Bobro when it was in it's prototype to production stage http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum/sho...highlight=bobro

Thanks 350z, looked through that link but still cant find a bottom(under) pic of the scope mounts just the Aimpoint mounts. If anyone has any pics or links to any pic of the bottom of the Bobro scope mounts please post here.

web.jpg

Larue, ADM and Bobro, sorry it's not the clearest.

cut and paste from my earlier post elsewhere:

All are well made, return to blah blah....
I rank them thusly, YMM will likely V

1 Bobro: easiest, fastest, simplest on and off on ANY 1913 rail with no adjustments, beautifully made. Doesn't take off anodizing. Price more or less equal to Larues but no hats or dillos if you give a shit.
2 ADM: Cheapest, easy to adjust if needed, levers easier than Larue ( your fingers may be less fat). Doesn't take off anodizing. now have a cheaper, one lever design that supposedly is as solid as the 2 lever...
3 Larue: wellmade, KISS design, good CS, free shit. I have had to constantly adjust my levers to get a good fit when moving between rifles with variance in rail spec. When properly secured, they will take off the anodizing. Levers are the hardest/slowest to manipulate.

I believe at least one of the site sponsors here carries the bobro in 1" and 30mmm. The underside of the Bobro mounts is the same whether the aimpoint or the scope mount.

If i were starting from scratch i'd go bobro.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadduck357</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks 350z, looked through that link but still cant find a bottom(under) pic of the scope mounts just the Aimpoint mounts. If anyone has any pics or links to any pic of the bottom of the Bobro scope mounts please post here. </div></div>

Its a modular base. So they are all the same underneath.

If you dont like the lever in the left, you csn even flip it around to the right.

GG&G

http://www.gggaz.com/index.php?id=305&parents=84,176

Package A: Mark AR 1.5-4x20mm Scope With GG&G Accucam Quick Detach FLT Scope Mount With 30mm Integral Rings And 30mm To 1" Ring Reducers----Save $70.00 On This Combo Package
Best Value Priced At $415.00

This money saving all American Made Package includes the Leupold Mark AR 1.5-4x20mm Riflescope with duplex reticle, the rock solid and repeatable GG&G Accucam Quick Detach FLT Scope Mount With 30mm Integral Rings And A Set Of 30mm to 1" Ring Reducers.

GGG-4334 Pkg A Mark AR 1.5-4x20mm Scope With Accucam FLT Mount And 1" Scope Ring Inserts $415.00

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hk9176251</div><div class="ubbcode-body">GG&G

Package A: Mark AR 1.5-4x20mm Scope With GG&G Accucam Quick Detach FLT Scope Mount With 30mm Integral Rings And 30mm To 1" Ring Reducers----Save $70.00 On This Combo Package
Best Value Priced At $415.00

GGG-4334 Pkg A Mark AR 1.5-4x20mm Scope With Accucam FLT Mount And 1" Scope Ring Inserts $415.00

</div></div>

Not a big fan of the Mark AR1.5-4. But everything that GG&G manufactures is top quality, and I have always liked there gear but I think Im down to deciding between ADM and Bobro for a QD scope mount. Thanks

asiparks, thanks for the underneath pic, puts everything into perspective.

asiparks & tt350z, with the previous pic it looks like the ADM has the advantage over the Bobro in securing to the rail. The Bobro has less than one of ADM secure points. What do you think ?

i dont like any leupold myself but thought it was a good price for the package for some one that does also i dont think any one makes a better product than GG&G

If you want a rock solid QD mount that won't move or mar your rail, the ADM is a great choice. The Bobro is technically advanced, reminds me of the HK05 mount that relies on spring pressure, so on/off it will be quite fast. The ADM will be slower for QD with the design of the locking mechanism, but with the dual picatinny crossbolts it will not move on the gun and will return to zero.

Don't go with anything other than the regular Recon for hard use. Two is one and one is none.

Scott

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadduck357</div><div class="ubbcode-body">asiparks, thanks for the underneath pic, puts everything into perspective.

asiparks & tt350z, with the previous pic it looks like the ADM has the advantage over the Bobro in securing to the rail. The Bobro has less than one of ADM secure points. What do you think ? </div></div>

With my ADM adjusted to where the levers are still unlockable with fingers, the recoil would loosen the cams until it was stopped by the lock. And as I've stated before, one of my levers was either to tight or to loose (for me). It would never have the desired tension I was looking for.

The Bobro may only have one clamping surface, but there always a hefty amount of pressure on it constantly. If you opened the lever and left your finger in the way, it will give your finger an authoritative slap from the spring pressure.

They are hands down the best mounts IMO.

Did I mention that they are also damn sexy?

Thanks fellas, got good advice and pics here. I will ponder these two(ADM & Bobro) as they both seem to be great choices and order one in the next few days.