• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Advantage MK12 Mod 0?

BLAKSUNZ

Private
Minuteman
Jul 20, 2011
Oxford, MS
What are the advantages of a PRS weapons system to say a REPR system? Yes, I understand that there are minor/significant weight differences, milder recoil, quieter round when suppressed, more rounds carried, ect but the main function of these weapons are to reach out and touch someone right?

In my mind the 7.62x51 can do everything a 5.56x45 can do but not the other way around. So why would anyone choose a MK12 over a 308 semi auto?

Note: This is not a caliber war. I'm just trying to justify the MK12 for my future Gun purchases to go along with the semi auto 308 that I will get.

Thanks.

Re: Advantage MK12 Mod 0?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BLAKSUNZ</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> whiter round when suppressed

</div></div>

this is a pretty racist statement

Do what I'm doing build a MK12 Mod 0 in 308(purely for the look)....back to the subject other than caliber I don't think there is any other difference.

Advantage MK12: Cost (build and ammo), weight, recoil, available parts and longevity.

Advantage .308: Long range performance (600yds+), terminal effects on mid to large game.

Really that is it. You choose what your needs are for that particular rifle. 5.56 really gets its ass kicked by the wind downrange, but if you're wanting something for steel and paper inside 600 I see no reason not to go that route.

I have a MK12 that I love but am in the middle of two large frame builds to fill the gaps. 16" .308 for hunting/mid range target shooting and 20" .260 for long range target shooting.

Agreed, it depends on what range you want to take it to. It will be great 600 and under. Not to say you can't go further but it's a lot harder and you can't shoot much more than paper at that distance. Or a ground hog..

308 on paper is grand and more powerful than a 5.56 for sure..when you carry it in the field you will soon wish it was a 5.56...

well placed Barnes 70gr tsx would make him think twice,I would carry a 500 smith for that task,bear be Gone(spray) may even work better..

If a Man can Bear more weapon I say its allways better
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ShooterMcGavin33</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Unless your in Ak and come across a bear. Then I think the opposite applies. lol </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ShooterMcGavin33</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Unless your in Ak and come across a bear. Then I think the opposite applies. lol </div></div>

I dont think I would be carrying either in Bear country.