• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Advice for a new long range hunting rifle build

Beautiful rifle!

The idea of having a set of custom dies cut when the barrel gets chambered had occurred to me, but I dismissed it thinking that it would be ungodly expensive. Suppose I should have looked further into it. Roughly what did that run you, if you don't mind my asking (the blank dies and having them cut)?

Thanks for the comments!!
I shall check my bills and get back to you!!
All the best ,
Ray.

Point taken, I absolutely agree. But I was not trying to disrespect anyone. I don't know you, and have zero reason to.

I only read and reply via my phone. Usually distracted and doing so while things like waiting for a barrel to cool, reloading, craping and even while hunting. So maybe I should spend more time and try to type more clearly.

Mostly on here monitoring "hide and seek" and the market place just hoping to find 162anax.

Never did I intend to be pompous. I like others I am sure have, spent many thousands on something very cool but that morphed into something other than my originally intended purpose. I took the time to reply because it seemed like you might be on a similar road.

I don't need to bore others with this... Again, my short ill grammar phone messages were just that. Nothing more, your giving me to much credit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fair enough. As I said before... I DO appreciate your comments and advice. So, if no offense was intended, none is taken.

Thank You

If you have not made up your mind on a rifle round, you might check out the thread about the GAP 6.5 SAUM 4S. From what everyone is stating, it is an incredible round coming out of GAP that can be used for any game in North America and also good for comps. Quite a few responses there.

Hi ,
Regarding the Newlon reloading die blanks , i Just checked my bills for a Newlon sizing die and a Newlon micrometer seating die and it came to $217 posted to the UK and as said a great bunch of people to deal with!!
Ukgunworks charged me £30 for the reaming of the dies if i remember correctly!!
All the best ,
Ray.

Hi ,
Regarding the Newlon reloading die blanks , i Just checked my bills for a Newlon sizing die and a Newlon micrometer seating die and it came to $217 posted to the UK and as said a great bunch of people to deal with!!
Ukgunworks charged me £30 for the reaming of the dies if i remember correctly!!
All the best ,
Ray.

Thanks Ray!

That's not nearly as expensive as I had expected it to be ...about $267USD after all is said and sone... A new set of Forster Dies is $150USD. That's pretty reasonable for a set of dies perfectly matched to your chamber.

Thanks Ray!

That's not nearly as expensive as I had expected it to be ...about $267USD after all is said and sone... A new set of Forster Dies is $150USD. That's pretty reasonable for a set of dies perfectly matched to your chamber.

Your welcome mate!!
Quality dies they are too!!!
All the best ,
Ray.