• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Advice/guidance needed. Buying my 1st scope for 700p 308

PHARO

Private
Minuteman
Feb 23, 2009
I bought a Remington 700p on here for five years ago without a scope and it's been sitting in my safe since. It's time I put some glass on it, however I know very little about optics. I know a little but not to much when it comes to scopes, originally I was planning on purchasing a SS 10x42 based on what I have seen and the amount of money I had at the time.

Now I am looking at Vortex, mainly because I get 50% off MSRP on any scope. With that being said what would you guys pick and do you like Vortex?

What is your price range now? If you can spend a $1000 then a Razor 5-20x50 would be a great choice to pick up with that 50% off.

At 50% discount off of msrp?

If you can afford about $1250 then the Vortex GenII Razor 3-18x50. (msrp $2599) OR what Rob said about the $1000 Vortex GenI Razor 5-20x50.

Good to go.