• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Advice on Binos

De5115

Private
Minuteman
Oct 18, 2019
Las Vegas
I’m looking at 2 different Vortex Binos and not sure which way to go.

Vortex Diamondback HD 12x50 $260
Vortex Viper HD 8x42 $325

They will be used for spotting impacts on steel out to 1 mile and for hunting. My budget is ~$300. I’m not married to Vortex but I’m happy with them and their customer service from previous experiences. And I like that their Binos come with those chest rig packs.

Advice please.

Viper. My buddy just got done bailing on his Diamondbacks. Now, he’s going into alpha glass, but in glass you basically always get what you pay for. More money is better glass, so if you can afford the Vipers, don’t look at the DBs.

@gr8fuldoug

I’m looking at 2 different Vortex Binos and not sure which way to go.

Vortex Diamondback HD 12x50 $260
Vortex Viper HD 8x42 $325

They will be used for spotting impacts on steel out to 1 mile and for hunting. My budget is ~$300. I’m not married to Vortex but I’m happy with them and their customer service from previous experiences. And I like that their Binos come with those chest rig packs.

Advice please.
Bit over your price range but I have a set of Viper 10x42 binos and like them a lot. Have never used to spot ELR but they are great for hunting and surprisingly bright for a reasonably priced bino.