• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Advice on new Manners for Vudoo

Jarrodb1975

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 2, 2019
Picked up a manners cert this weekend and needing some advice from someone that runs one. It will be a factory vudoo 360 with “18 MTU. Have it in a BA comp but total setup is about 23lbs to get balanced. I’m wanting to get to about 16lb balanced. Looking at the PR2 or TCS. What’s the chance of just getting a weighted arca and making it balance and still be below 17lb?

It’s very doable, with the weighted rail you can set the balance point pretty easily. What are you running for glass because that could make or break the weight.
I’ve got a RimX in a PRS1 with a 20” medium palma and it balances good a couple inches forward of the mag well, granted I’m running a tuna can tuner on it but the weighted rail would give similar results I believe.

Well I was running a razor gen 2 but I just traded out for a mark 5. I figured that’s a pound there. I also plan on giving an ATS tuner a shoot too. I run a gray ops plate with weight also. What’s the difference between the prs1 and 2? I don’t really have to have the latest and greatest. Just want something solid and dependable. I figured when Vudoo comes out with new mags, feeding issues will be a non issue.

Only difference between the PRS1 and PRS2 is the 1 has a hook so you can pull it into your shoulder with your support hand. Now I believe the mini chassis manners offers is pretty close to being spot on with feeding and also works out to almost be a better deal depending on DBM you run plus having to bed the action.

It won't happen at 16lbs, you don't have enough weight up front to move the CG enough. Adding a bunch of weight to the arca rail doesn't move it that much, you'll need something like your bipod attached way out front, or some other 1-2 lb weight up front. A heavy tuner will help a little bit, but you'll want to extend the length, like the EC Tuner with the bloop tube.

This is all 6 weights inside of the arca rail. 18" barrel. A Bipod all the way at the end, and the Razor AMG 28oz scope. It balances right at the mag well. If I was to try to get this 2-3" in front of the mag well as desired to sit on a gamechanger, I'm going to need a lot of weight up front, like another 1-2lbs hanging off the legs of my bipod.

Best way to generally get balance in a chassis like this, is to get a 24" barrel. I've done so many iterations of Vudoos in all different chassis to try to get the optimal balance point (center of the bag), and it comes down to about getting a 24" barrel w/ a tuner on it.

1665933804060.png

Appreciate the info. I figured it was a pretty tall order to get it to balance at that weight. Might just sell the cert and try something like an X-ray. I believe they pretty light in the butt.

Only difference between the PRS1 and PRS2 is the 1 has a hook so you can pull it into your shoulder with your support hand.

That and the thumb shelf only comes in the PRS1, a feature I really like. Unfortunate because I prefer the PRS2 without the hook.

21427C1A-C949-44AD-9409-8ADACDE2D128.jpeg

Last edited:
I didn’t know you couldn’t get the thumb shelf on the PRS2

You’re correct, I got my 1 and 2 reversed, butt hook = thumb shelf. (Edited post, thanks.)

BTW, I sent a PRS2 back to add the shelf and though they’ll do it, you can tell its an afterthought/addition.

I don’t really know as I shoot bench on bipod. When carrying it’s comfortable just forward of the magazine.
22” ace barrel.