• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Advice on replacement stock for modle 54 anschutz..

natesguns

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 3, 2008
Missouri
Have a very nice older model 54. Has the original bench rest stock and shoots very well. I'm not an avid .22 shooter but do shoot long range more tactical style guns. I'm asking for advice on how to convert this rifle to a trainer so to speak. I like the aics style chassis or along those lines. My rifle is a single shot and I'm not looking to make it a repeater.t Would like to find a conversion I could just drop my action and barrel in if that's an option at all. So all you .22 experts that can give me some advice on how to turn my bench gun into a tactical trainer please let me know.

Hi Monsieur,

Do you have a picture of your rifle with the original stock?

Here is mine, i can't imagine another stock, elle est very ergonomique!
20111115195424.jpg

This is for me the perfect .22 :)

Last edited:
Anschutz didn't make a early BR stock. Sounds like you have a prone stock 1411. The position stock was the other option. That would be a 1413. It could also be the 16xx or 18xx versions also. You might ask here: Anschutz - RimfireCentral.com Forums
There is a sticky at the top of the page that list after market stocks. As said above, you already have a stock that is made for shooting prone. Just add a bi-pod

Yeah but it's not tacticool. The rifle shoots lights out. Just would like to have the same fit and feel as all my big bore guns. Just a project.

Last edited:
Nate

I did the same thing years ago with a rem 40x 22lr when I was shooting long rang at camp perry.

A good gunsmith should be able to modify you stock of choice to fit the anshutz. You can do a lot with bedding material

Have a very nice older model 54. Has the original bench rest stock and shoots very well. I'm not an avid .22 shooter but do shoot long range more tactical style guns. I'm asking for advice on how to convert this rifle to a trainer so to speak. I like the aics style chassis or along those lines. My rifle is a single shot and I'm not looking to make it a repeater.t Would like to find a conversion I could just drop my action and barrel in if that's an option at all. So all you .22 experts that can give me some advice on how to turn my bench gun into a tactical trainer please let me know.

Among the ANSCHUTZ stocks ACCESSORIES is available the following item :" Adapter 4980 ", (Bestellung.Nr.:700.3650) _ this aluminium block will accept your 54 action to be properly bolted on it (screws included), in the same way now it's bolted in your wooden stock_
the same piece can be secured, bolted and/or bedded in all the stocks of your choice, once that in those stocks would be milled an adequate rectangular hole _
here that's priced around 100euro_ tested, it work as expected on my 54, when placed on a br aftermarket stock_
i've buyed another to host the same action inside a donor K98k stock, to build my next "trainer" project_
in my opinion, that's the way to go_ hope can help
(by the way,your stock in the picture it's an ol'style OEM factory Standard Smallbore Rifle Stock, suited to perform the three-positions on the Standard Smallbore Rifle 3P discipline,not prone-only)

Last edited:
Well, they're not cheap but the 1913 stock has a similar feel and adjustments to the AICS Champion's Choice - Product Catalog - Stocks - Target . I have the 1913 with the 4759 butt plate and carrier. I believe the 4709A rubber buttplate can be put on that stock as well for a more AICS feel. I would call Champions and talk to on of the guys to see if your older 54 action will fit into one of these newer stocks.