• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Advice regarding rangefinder binocular

M.H.

Private
Minuteman
Dec 15, 2019
Hello all,
I am gearing up for a deer hunting trip in Michigan, looking for an advice on rangefinder-binocular, something I can also use beyond the trip, I like Sig Sauer Kilo 3000, but also few good brands available around the same price range. Hope to hear from someone with knowledge and experience in this field
My options are:
1-Sig Sauer Kilo 3000 BDX,
2-Bushnell 10x42 Fusion ARC
3-ATN BinoX 4K 4-16x65
4-Vortex Fury HD 5000

Thank you all for stopping by.

I don't have experience with the other binos, but I really like the 3000 BDX. They are well made, have great glass, and its nice to be able to connect to a kestrel or smartphone and send target data. I'm not sure if the other ones have that feature as well though.

Reactions: Slo cat
I haven't tested/compared all the options you mentioned, but I am very happy with the SIG KILO3000

Only have experience with the Fury 5000s but definitely like them.

I have the Sigs, and I shot one day of a multi day match with the Vortex. To my unsophisticated eye, I'd call the optics a tie. I bought the Sigs for the ability to pair with my Kestrel and LOVE the feature. Previous to the Sigs I was running a pair of Leicas. The Leica glass was superior, but I don't find myself missing it. The superior ranging performance of the Sig and the ability to talk to the Kestrel swamp and slight loss in the glass.

I use the Sig. Used two to date. The first had issues with the display which was quickly resolved with a new unit.
Glass is a notch below my Japanese vortex viper hd. Really hope they improve the glass on the next gen. Distance range finding sucks in the bright California sunlight but does good around dusk and dawn. Ranging is fine for hunting though.

Thank you everyone, that helps in narrowing the selection down to 2 brands, Looks like I won't go wrong with either Vortex or Sig.
I'll stop by Cabela's this weekend, compare them head to head , pick one and move on to the next item.

Respectfully yours,

I wish, maybe in an advanced stage :)

I don't get it. Advanced stage? What does that mean? Quality equipment allows one to enjoy more and progress faster.

The common theme that one has to be "advanced" before buying the best is a logical fallacy.

A hard budget is a reality for some people. It doesn't mean that one can not get into and enjoy the sport. Work with what you can get. Sure it's nice to sling around nice equipment but if I miss, it won't be because I didn't use $3k binoculars.

But I do concur with "buy once, cry once". I do like my toys 😄.

Every piece of information counts. I Appreciate your input everyone,
Thank you,