• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Aero M5E1 6.5 trigger upgrade

RANDY AMBS

Private
Minuteman
Mar 1, 2019
What are your preferences and why did you choose the trigger that you use in your AR10 builds. Thanks

my fav is geissele ssa-e, on most of my gas guns

This.... I have made this trigger a "standard" for manyof my builds.

Wait for it to be on sale though... Geissele has sales often enough.

IMHO, and the reason for choosing that specific trigger, is the 2 stage feel and consistency.

With a 2 stage , I feel like I can back off the shoot ( if I am getting squirrely at the bench )

And the 2 stage pull is nice and light.

This.... I have made this trigger a "standard" for manyof my builds.

Wait for it to be on sale though... Geissele has sales often enough.

IMHO, and the reason for choosing that specific trigger, is the 2 stage feel and consistency.

With a 2 stage , I feel like I can back off the shoot ( if I am getting squirrely at the bench )

And the 2 stage pull is nice and light.
Thank you for the help. I had a two stage trigger on my RPR and would like to stay with the two stage.

Reactions: bfoosh006
Yep, Geissele for sure. The SSA-E in most, but I use the match trigger in a few when I want a lighter pull than 3.5 lbs.

The LaRue is a great trigger for the price. I use the Geissele SSA for most of my rifles if I want a two piece trigger. For a two stage drop-in I have used Wilson Combat and really like them.

Trigger tech announced a 2 stage diamond for the AR platform at shot show

The AR Diamond would be the crown jewel but thinking I may try CMC,s 2 stage match trigger. Midway priced between the Geissele and TT. Would give me a little wiggle room for some other upgrades I would also like to make.

I have a couple Larue triggers, an SR Gold and a Rise RA135. The SR Gold is the best but not by too much. The Rise is a pretty crisp single stage, the Larues are nice and pretty light two stage triggers.

All of them are a good step up from an LPK trigger, even after a 15 minute trigger job.

For cheaper builds I go with LaRue MBTs. I like them more than my Geisseles until you get up to the SSA-E. When money isn't a factor I run Triggertech Adaptables. Just one man's opinion though.