• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Aero Precision Bolt Gun Teaser (Now newly announced SABR thread)

Bluedog82

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2019
E2AF365D-2398-47C6-AB82-69C5C69DCBA5.jpeg
Aero just recently posted this…I’m interested to see what comes of it.

*Edit*: Aero has now announced that the SABR is coming soon (TBD), is a 700 action with Savage-style small shank barrel nuts for interchangeable barrels, and will be selling the action for sub 1K and the chassis for sub 1.1K.

Last edited:
My guess would be full rifle but I guess it could be either or both! I imagine we’ll find out at SHOT

Reactions: rjacobs
I'm certainly intrigued. Really hope just the action is available. Looking forward to leaning more!

Looks Tikka'ish
It does seem to have a octagonal shape like the Tikka, but I think that is where the similarities are going to end. My best guess is:
  1. Remington 700 footprint
  2. Full diameter bolt
  3. 3 locking lugs with a lug at 6 O'clock when bolt is open
  4. Sliding plate extractor
  5. floating bold head
  6. 60deg bolt rotation
  7. Integral scope rail
  8. Integral recoil lug
  9. pre-fit ready
  10. Trigger hangar
  11. Changeable bolt handle
  12. AR-15 style grip, but open top for thumb rest (much like the Long Range Design chassis setup, but maybe without the hinge)

We thought this might end up here. Someone broke the most important rule of the group this was originally posted in!

Stay tuned for more details at SHOT Show next week. We are very excited to share this with you all.

....I'm really not surprised to see this evolution from Aero, it just made logical sense after they partnered with Ballistic Advantage giving them a reliable barrel source. With Aero's extensive CNC experience and production capability, chassis production should be a simple transition for them. I'm looking forward to the debut.

Assuming this will be budget oriented....If it doesn't take a common prefit spec I'm out. No way I'd pay for a custom thread to fit barrel for an Aero action.
....It would be logical to develop around common and proven standards, going "proprietary" can be a hit or miss economic adventure. By having BA as a partner, they pretty much have their barrel source guaranteed. IIRC, the BA founder's roots are in the accurate barrel realm. Aero's extensive CNC experience & existing production capability infers they can produce their chassis at a lower cost that hopefully is passed on to the customer.

....there is an enormous amount of proven R&D out there Aero won't have to conduct, they can just incorporate those findings into their product. Their real advantage is their manufacturing capability and capacity, IMHO.

P.S. I suspect their completed bolt action rifles will be similarly priced as their AR's are...

Last edited:
It does seem to have a octagonal shape like the Tikka, but I think that is where the similarities are going to end. My best guess is:
  1. Remington 700 footprint
  2. Full diameter bolt
  3. 3 locking lugs with a lug at 6 O'clock when bolt is open
  4. Sliding plate extractor
  5. floating bold head
  6. 60deg bolt rotation
  7. Integral scope rail
  8. Integral recoil lug
  9. pre-fit ready
  10. Trigger hangar
  11. Changeable bolt handle
  12. AR-15 style grip, but open top for thumb rest (much like the Long Range Design chassis setup, but maybe without the hinge)

So basically an Ultimatum DeFacto?

Im ready for some real innovation.

Damnit I really hope this is an affordable bare action and not just a complete rifle.
I'd buy the whole rifle as their BA barrels shoot well. All comes down to price as you could swap it out I'm sure.

need some indication of pricing

I'd buy the whole rifle as their BA barrels shoot well. All comes down to price as you could swap it out I'm sure.
I want to build some 300 blackout pistols, so if they had barreled actions with 9" 300 blackout barrels I'd be all over it. Otherwise I want an affordable action for builds like that.

I want to build some 300 blackout pistols, so if they had barreled actions with 9" 300 blackout barrels I'd be all over it. Otherwise I want an affordable action for builds like that.
no doubt, that too! lol

I'm sure they will, seems that Aero is fully onboard with diy builds for large frame platforms so imagine they'd do the same for bolts

I'm interested to see what comes of this. Primary arms posted that aero released their bolt action chassis, bolt action, and suppressor. Im thinking they will each be offered separately. If they can come into the market and offer an aluminum chassis thats budget friendly, they'll pull money by the hand full.

Reactions: Bluedog82
Am I the only one not really impressed? It looks like any other MDT, MPA, type chassis. Are they coming out with something new and innovative or just another gas gun manufacturer entering the bolt gun market with their version of things?

Am I the only one not really impressed? It looks like any other MDT, MPA, type chassis. Are they coming out with something new and innovative or just another gas gun manufacturer entering the bolt gun market with their version of things?
Thats pretty much exactly what it is. I mean there's nothing wrong with something new coming to market without reinventing the wheel. Their big thing will be price point. If they can come in substantially less than others, with comparable features, it's gonna cause other manufacturers to rethink their pricing. I'm not seeing anything bad about that.

I’m with you on this

The market is flooded from Savage to AI AT-X

Reminds me of Savage coming out with the AR Platform……several years to late

Since when is another option a bad thing. I’ll reserve judgment on this until more info is available but options and competition is a good thing IMO.

It would be nice to see some budget actions with prefit type head spacing. Could really help folks looking to build a custom rifle who are on a budget. From the looks of some other leaked photos it almost looks like a barrel nut deal though.

price point and barrel threads is the biggest thing

1k ain't happening. it's 2022

but if it can switch bolt heads and stuff like that i'm in.

Chassis alone is going to have to come in sub 8. Really sub 7 for people to buy it and get people behind it. Otherwise there's known chassis out there for a little more that guys run and love. A complete chassis rifle in the sub 2k range with higher end features it will sell like crazy. If they get up into the $2000 league it won't sell. There's other options out there that are proven.

Lol, you guys actually think another action or chassis will bring down prices? Every year we get more competition and options and when was the last time you saw a price on something actually drop?

They would have to severely undercut the market.

Lol, you guys actually think another action or chassis will bring down prices? Every year we get more competition and options and when was the last time you saw a price on something actually drop?
I don't think it will bring down prices of current offerings. Im saying they could take a share of the market thats isn't touched if they come in cheap enough.