• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Aeroprecision

Smith97z71

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 8, 2012
NW Ohio
Quality stuff or not? AR15news seems to have a hard on for them as I get posts all the time on my facebook regarding them. What say ye?

Also I have heard that they are the shop that machines for several other big name companies. Is this true and if so who?

Aero Precision stuff is of very good quality in my experience. Their forgings are very clean and their fit/finish is right up there with some of the best in my experience with them.

It is rumored, not confirmed because of various confidential business relationships/agreements, that they make receivers (upper and lower) for major players like Armalite, Spike's, and for tons of different "small shop" AR retailers who want to put their name/rollmark on a lower and sell them as their own. Again, I have never seen any documentation that will confirm/refute such claims as to whom they do/don't make parts for, but they are one of the bigger players in the game for sure when they aren't cranking out parts/equip. for the aerospace industry (I think they have, at least in the past, done a ton of work for Boeing...not ARs, but precision equipment nonetheless). ;)

My shooting buddy has a Aero Precision .223 and its seen around 6,000 rounds in last year without any major malfuntions - great gun IMO - I love my Armalite M15 and my Spikes ST15 because both have Geissele hs dmrs - if he ever puts a quality trigger in it it will give my 2 a run for the money

Last edited:
Aero is GTG. quality stuff. I've built many ar15 based on their lower and their upper.

They have a bum rap I believe they raised their prices during the craziness when upper and lowers couldn't be found and aero tried to capitalize.

If you go to their website, you can get a forged blem upper for 50.00! That's a deal. The last few blems that I received are very minor and cosmetic and you have to really look for them. They both function 100%

Aero is GTG. quality stuff. I've built many ar15 based on their lower and their upper.

They have a bum rap I believe they raised their prices during the craziness when upper and lowers couldn't be found and aero tried to capitalize.

If you go to their website, you can get a forged blem upper for 50.00! That's a deal. The last few blems that I received are very minor and cosmetic and you have to really look for them. They both function 100%

Yeah I seen during the scare where they were doing a bit of price Hiking. Its the main reason that ive been a little leary but I might give it a go

I can vouch for Aero stuff, I've got an Aero upper and lower that I bought separately that is probably the best fit of any AR I own. Perfect tightness and tension on take down pins with zero slop. I wish my Colt fit anywhere near as nice.

Aero Precision stuff is of very good quality in my experience. Their forgings are very clean and their fit/finish is right up there with some of the best in my experience with them.

It is rumored, not confirmed because of various confidential business relationships/agreements, that they make receivers (upper and lower) for major players like Armalite, Spike's, and for tons of different "small shop" AR retailers who want to put their name/rollmark on a lower and sell them as their own. Again, I have never seen any documentation that will confirm/refute such claims as to whom they do/don't make parts for, but they are one of the bigger players in the game for sure when they aren't cranking out parts/equip. for the aerospace industry (I think they have, at least in the past, done a ton of work for Boeing...not ARs, but precision equipment nonetheless). ;)

You are correct, but it's not a rumor or a secret. Call them... they will openly tell you who they produce for.

Ive built a few ARs out of aero stuff and theyre GTG. I really like their lightweight scope mounts, beat the hell out of PEPRs for the same price. Not a big fan of their COP line but the blem lowers and uppers are the best deal out there IMO.

Ive built a few ARs out of aero stuff and theyre GTG. I really like their lightweight scope mounts, beat the hell out of PEPRs for the same price. Not a big fan of their COP line but the blem lowers and uppers are the best deal out there IMO.

I agree completely! Their "blems" are awesome and the scope mount is incredibly light!

I don't mean to change the subject, but someone mentioned blem lowers. Palmetto State Armory has belm lowers for $60 every so often and they are great. Probably machined by aero precision too :).

You are correct, but it's not a rumor or a secret. Call them... they will openly tell you who they produce for.

My only experience with calling them a couple years back (re: to one of their Armalite AR-10 platform lower receivers) yielded different results. When I asked about other companies they did forgings for (uppers and lowers), I was told, more or less, that they would like to tell people because they are proud of the high quality of the work they do and because so many other companies use their products, but that they could not divulge specifics as to whom they did that for. Maybe they've changed their position or have otherwise been authorized to disclose their business relationships with other companies now. I'm sure there are sources out there, likely AP themselves that have leaked info based on the enormous multitude of posts all over the net about all the companies that they make stuff for, but I have never seen or heard anything "from the horse's mouth" so to speak. All that nonsense aside...their stuff is first rate all the way around. ;)

Their quality control sucks.
Purchased an upper receiver directly from them that had the FA pin put in with the wrong size/type punch.
The pin mushroomed and was not seated all the way in and the upper had the punch marks on it.
At least the mushroom was flush on the upper..

I don't mean to change the subject, but someone mentioned blem lowers. Palmetto State Armory has belm lowers for $60 every so often and they are great. Probably machined by aero precision too :).

Lol Funny you say that because yesterday I got an email from PSA advertising their lowers for $60. Im curious to see how well it is and what exactly is a Blem to them.

I had to take myself off the PSA mail list, they spam'd my inbox waaayyyy too much. Also worked out better for my bank account as I don't buy nearly as much from them any more lol.

I bought one back before the crazyness and for the life of me I could not find the "blem".

Lol Funny you say that because yesterday I got an email from PSA advertising their lowers for $60. Im curious to see how well it is and what exactly is a Blem to them.

Its funny, "Blems" are definitely the way to go. I have purchased blems on Aero uppers and lowers and have yet to find anything blem'd what so ever... Maybe somebody has, I haven't yet though.

Last edited:
Stay away from blems. They will rot your soul, from the wallet outwards.

I'm waiting for PSA $49.95 deals again, then I can order 5 for the price of one!

I Cerakote anyway, so I don't care if the Chucky Cheese buttclown rustbucket rubs his fangs all over the parts. They will look new when I'm done, and be better than a standard anodized upper with black dye. Speaking of which Aero Precision now offers Cerakoted uppers and lowers, which is great.

I got a three pack of their lowers back in 2009, I think that is when I got them. Anyway, they have worked well for me. Actually just ordered one of their cerakoted uppers yesterday.