• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Affordable 5/8-24 muzzle brakes that don't suck?

The PRI QC Brakes are very good for the money (usually ~$75) and they don't have a large profile. They have a couple different models (black and stainless) in both a straight, heavy-barrel model with a larger diameter of 0.95" x 2" in length and more traditional AR-type brake (0.75" tapering to 0.95" by 2" in OAL).

Here's a link:

http://www.precisionreflex.com/Products.aspx?CAT=4822

I bought my last one off MidwayUSA for $76 and used a discount code for $10 off $50 for a delivered price of ~$73.

Its just outside of your budget new, but I have the PWS brakes on all my guns... FSC30s on the semi auto rifls and PRC on the bolt action. They are AWESOME (as long as youre behind the gun and not standing next to it, then it sucks!)
They are on Amazon for $95 shipped and include a nice shim kit with them for clocking it correctly.

This brake is made by a hide member that RWS suggested I contact because at the time he did not make brakes for the AR. It's a great brake and once I used it I haven't looked for another! I do believe there still $50 shipped. Contact Jake via email [email protected]
IMAG0831-1.jpg

IMAG0825-1.jpg

IMAG0826-1.jpg

IMAG0841-1.jpg

Ross Schuler
A member here on the hide does a GREAT job! I own two rifles with them and love them. He can turn it down to any profile barrel you have and any threading you want mine cost 40$ I believe here s his website

http://www.muzzlebrakesandmore.com/

Its just outside of your budget new, but I have the PWS brakes on all my guns... FSC30s on the semi auto rifls and PRC on the bolt action. They are AWESOME (as long as youre behind the gun and not standing next to it, then it sucks!)
They are on Amazon for $95 shipped and include a nice shim kit with them for clocking it correctly.

I have an FSC30 brake on my .308 SASS. It really lessens the recoil. It is easier to keep the scope on target and makes the .308 almost feel like a .223.