• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Affordable KRG Butt stock weights

cattleman99

Snyder Precision LLC
Minuteman
Mar 28, 2018
Lincoln, NE
www.snyderprecision.com
Hello all,

We are now making these KRG butt stock length of pull spacers out of steel. Cheaper than others, but just as good. Let me know if you’re interested! These are 3/8" thick and weigh 0.65 lbs.
98E0609E-70CF-457B-BD63-B1B2800D9C63.png

Last edited:
@cattleman99 are your spacers the same thickness as the KRG plastic spacers? How are they finished (black oxide, Rust-oleum, cerakote)?

I'm probably in. Just wanna verify the weight and finish like 308pirate asked. I'm in the market for these right now.

On another note, has anyone tried filling in the open space inside the butt stock on the bravo, when you remove the bottom piece? Seems like an ideal way to add weight. Just considering what to put in there, like pack in BBs or something?

@cattleman99 are your spacers the same thickness as the KRG plastic spacers? How are they finished (black oxide, Rust-oleum, cerakote)?
3/8” thick. I’ll have a specific weight this afternoon, but I believe they will be comparable to KRG’s offering.
Black oxide finish. I may be able to arrange cerakote if folks want different colors, but price will go up.

Reactions: 308pirate
On another note, has anyone tried filling in the open space inside the butt stock on the bravo, when you remove the bottom piece? Seems like an ideal way to add weight. Just considering what to put in there, like pack in BBs or something?
I’ve used adhesive wheel weights. Another option is to line the cavity with a plastic wrap and fill it will lead shot/epoxy.

3/8” thick. I’ll have a specific weight this afternoon, but I believe they will be comparable to KRG’s offering.
Black oxide finish. I may be able to arrange cerakote if folks want different colors, but price will go up.
Perfect.

Nitriding them (what KRG does) is stupid overkill that does nothing to improve functionality or durability and just makes them more expensive.

Reactions: cattleman99
That works for the Bravo but not for the X Ray

Perfect.

Nitriding them (what KRG does) is stupid overkill that does nothing to improve functionality or durability and just makes them more expensive.
Those were my exact thoughts. The butt stock spacers are a low wear area. Folks want to add weight without spending an arm and a leg, and that's what we have come up with.

I just pulled a spacer off my chassis tonight so I could model it up and get some steel spacers cut the next time I put an order of steel in to be laser cut. I need to add a little over 1-3/4" of spacers for my length of pull and was curious how much weight I could add. Looks like it should be about 3.25 lbs.

Ordered on Sunday, on my gun by Wednesday! Fits great, adds a good bit of weight, and really happy with the purchase.

Hoping there are some MLok compatible weights that will fit the Bravo coming up next!

Does an ARCA rail take much abuse ?
You could do one out of stainless and it would probably be a few grams lighter than a brass one. The SS would be much more robust than a brass piece.

You could do one out of stainless and it would probably be a few grams lighter than a brass one. The SS would be much more robust than a brass piece.
Everytime I drop the foreend of my rifle across a barricade or car door window, I'd imagine it would get beat up after awhile, not allowing something to slide smoothly down the rail. Just a thought...

My arca rails are usually taking quite a bit of abuse. Between riding obstacles and barricades and the tripod sliding up and down.

Curious how this shape relates to the spacers in the Bergara HMR stocks? I’m having some cut right now. If these are the same/similar that may be another application/market for these.

if you have access to one of these line them up and let us know!

Reactions: excope