• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing After market adjustable cheek piece by Joe Ducos

Stock Doc,

Can you replace the standard adjustable cheek peice hardware for the KMW stuff, if so how much would it be? PM me if you need to.

Thanks
Taylor

Had Joe do his magic on my FN SPR A1a McMillan stock. Could not be happier! Excellent craftsmanship, quick turn around and the price can't be beat!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398014894.991218.jpg

Seriously, i don't think Joe could have been any quicker and easier to work with. I think it was about a week total turn around time! It seems like he did the loggerhead install the day he received it and had it back in the mail to me the following day! I couldn't be more pleased!!

I have a few loggerheads installed by KMW and i must say the Joes works is every bit as nice and professional and he got it done in a small fraction of the time it took KMW to do my others. I will be using him from now on for all my stock needs! This kinda service just isn't typical in this industry.

I just finished bedding it yesterday and will be hopefully running some loads through this thing next weekend!

Thanks Joe!!!

20140420_101121_zpsokijotug.jpg

I got mine back about a week and a half about work prevented me from getting at it. Joe makes this simple and turn around was fast, especially compared to everything else in the industry. Way nicer with the adj cheek piece and now I don't know how i did without. close up picture below (note it is painted to match)

I had McMillan open up the barrel channel and inlet for a Badger DBM a month or so ago. While talking with them, they said they couldn't install their cheek rest, so i figured I was SOL.

I sent all my parts for a build to Marc at Spartan Rifles after I got the stock back from McMillan.

After seeing this thread, I contacted Joe to see if he could do his stock work on my McMillan. Joe and Marc are both going out of their way to help me out and get the stock back and forth between them to get the necessary work done.

Both of these gentleman are top notch in my book, and I can't wait to get the finished product back from these two craftsmen.

Last edited:
Reactions: LH_Gina
Rbdub474 your stock is almost done. I will have it back to Marcs by this weekend

Awesome!! Please post a pic if you can. It will be a while before I see it in person. Waiting on PTG to send Marc my new bolt so he can work his magic.

After market adjustable cheek piece by Joe Ducos

y3a9e2ut.jpg

Just got her back a couple days ago and excellent work, sir! Everything (inletting and kmw hardware) works great!

Last edited:
Joe, Can you do the install on an HTG adjustable that already has the crappy McMillan thumbwheel set up?

Joe did an awesome job installing a KMW Loggerhead on my HS Precision that came with my Savage 10FCP. I would recommend his work to anyone. Fit and finish is great and the filing in of the stock for the unit is first rate.
Thanks stockdoc!! Personally, knowing my skill, I would not attempt to do this job myself. The time and effort to get the proper tools/materials was not worth it to me. Best to send it to someone with experience and a high recommendation from other members here.

Chrome, I can but you have to send me your rifle to this gun shop I do work at. Pm me for details if you would like more info

Just got my GAP Crusader back from Joe and couldn't be happier. He did a very clean KMW install and I will definitely be using him again!

ljscU4A.jpg

SmZDRHt.jpg

5 oz or so give or take if you do a clean job of it and don't go overboard with materials. The LRI isn't anywhere near as light as they advertise it to be. He needs to update his web info to reflect the actual total assembly weight with the mounting hardware included.

5 oz or so give or take if you do a clean job of it and don't go overboard with materials. The LRI isn't anywhere near as light as they advertise it to be. He needs to update his web info to reflect the actual total assembly weight with the mounting hardware included.
5 oz or so for the entire weight difference between a non adjustable stock and the finished product from Joe?

eta: just read through the whole thread and it seems that about 5 oz it is. Amazing. Is that still accurate today? I only ask because maybe the process or hardware has changed over the years.

Last edited:
Joe’s work totally changed 2 of my rifles and the way they shoot. It’s amazing how much I needed to prop my head up to get a good sight picture before the work

Pipipka- what kind of issue are you expecting? Because I doubt that they would fix it for free if it were misuse or an accident. In which case you would need a new stock anyway. I personally have never had a "warranty" issue with any of my mcmillan stocks (over 40 in the course of 30 some odd years).

And if anything happens to my mod I take care of it period. So long as it wasn't in a fire or something :)

Re: After market adjustable cheek piece by Joe Ducos

I'd be wondering if it can be done on a B&C stock? I only ever see them done on a Macmillan, manners, etc.
Yes it can. I’ve got two sticks front Joe.

1. McMillan A3
2. B&C Medalist

Came out perfect

Joe completed mine earlier this year and I could not be more happy!

Attachments

• F666A30C-762D-461B-965E-E73764BA237D.jpeg
    F666A30C-762D-461B-965E-E73764BA237D.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 171
This popped up near the top, reminds me I have another stock I need to have joe work on, this would be my 3rd. :)

Joe, what is the conversion cost now?
Turn around time?
Do you have a website link?
Thanks

Any ideas how much weight this process adds, roughly? LRI hardware might save some weight over KMW's logger hardware too.

Aside from the LRI unit being heavier than advertised, it's almost always a wash when doing the conversion to adjustable cheek hardware. It added a full pound to the stock to install the LRI hardware. Maybe a guy could do it a little leaner but imo you might as well have it durable because a couple of ounces in the hardware is nothing vs. the weight of the structural fill to hold it all in the stock.

If weight is a concern, the kydex offerings are probably going to be the best bet.