• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Group Buys Aftermarket AI "Obsession" Chassis - Group Buy

I feel like I made out on that original run
I tried to price that original run aggressively, and definitely should’ve had more made. But I put up a lot of personal capital to get 40 made and would’ve needed to do some rearranging of family funds to make that work and just wasn’t comfortable doing it.

Now Vision has backed this project in full, and has made a ton of inventory so once it’s finally live on the GCP website they’ll be available at any time. And the pricing isn’t far off from the original run, and is still in line with market pricing (understanding the niche of de-bonding an AI). I believe the Vision chassis, internal weights, and short NV bridge will come in around $1300, which is only $100 or so more than the original run.

Got a few rounds off today in between the rain

Attachments

• 61B58B20-638B-49CA-8028-5E8B7CE5DC56.jpeg
    61B58B20-638B-49CA-8028-5E8B7CE5DC56.jpeg
    515.4 KB · Views: 179
I really enjoyed listening about the development of this on the @BLKWLFK9 Just F'n Send It Podcast. Product development isn't easy.

Sam, AI definitely fell a few ticks in my book with how they handled themselves over this debacle, sorry you've had to endure it.

Had the boy shooting the AI positionally today for a little bit. Had the 16.5” 308 barrel on. He is shooting his first centerfire match next month at Altus. It will be a guardian match. And he is 11yrs old.
Of course he was taking full advantage of the AO chassis today.

Attachments

• 62665AEB-3648-4EF4-8FBD-77774F46D8EC.jpeg
    62665AEB-3648-4EF4-8FBD-77774F46D8EC.jpeg
    560.2 KB · Views: 100
  • EFF6DB9D-35BC-4271-A0E7-CDB080963933.jpeg
    EFF6DB9D-35BC-4271-A0E7-CDB080963933.jpeg
    470.8 KB · Views: 103
  • D49F3188-ACCB-4F98-A65D-31AC285769E9.jpeg
    D49F3188-ACCB-4F98-A65D-31AC285769E9.jpeg
    851.8 KB · Views: 106
Well, it's finally time to make the US sales "official," even though GCP has had them in stock for a while. GCP Rifle Co in Florida is proud to carry not only the AO/V chassis for the AI rifle system, but the Vision R700 chassis and all the accessories designed around them.

We worked extremely hard on getting the pricing as competitive as possible, and are now selling the chassis and accessories separately so you can build exactly what you want. Besides the AW/AT/AX short action AI chassis, we are offering:
- Short NV Bridge with optional 20MOA picatinny rail (co-linear with "tall" AI action rail)
- Full length enclosed NV bridge with optional 20MOA picatinny rail
- Internal weights totaling 2#
- External weights compatible with all Vision chassis', as well as all other M-Lok chassis such as MDT ACC

You can choose from a Cerakote color-matched AI color (Sage green, Classic green, Pale brown, Dark earth) or have GCP do a custom color or pattern.

Please check out the product page for the AI chassis, AI M27 thread protectors, and the official trigger of Just Fn Send It lol. Let me know if you have any questions about anything. We'll be putting out more info on the R700 Vision chassis soon as well!
@Rick_gcprifleco
@The_vision

AO/V AI Chassis
1629373489435.png

AI M27x2 Thread Protectors
1629373598383.png

Just Fn Send It Trigger Shoe
1629373675185.png

This isn't mine but a buddy came down and shot my AO chassis and wanted something similar for his Tikka.

The guys at GCP cerakoted this for him. Closest match to a Razor I've seen. Will be interested to see it all together.

IMG_3647.jpg

This isn't mine but a buddy came down and shot my AO chassis and wanted something similar for his Tikka.

The guys at GCP cerakoted this for him. Closest match to a Razor I've seen. Will be interested to see it all together.

View attachment 7692826
Looks great, thanks for sharing! The Vision R700 and Tikka chassis’ are available now at GCP in addition to the AI chassis, we’ll post more info here on SH about them soon.

Reactions: redx and texag0842
Shot the Guardian match over the weekend with my 11yr old son. Sadly the only photo I took the time to take of the AI/AO during the match.

Btw he placed 10th overall and 1st in youth. With 80/100 impacts.

Attachments

• 5892D30D-A490-4C13-A7BF-9989818843E9.jpeg
    5892D30D-A490-4C13-A7BF-9989818843E9.jpeg
    644.4 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
@samb300 I'm thinking about debonding my AI AO so my gunsmith can more easily chamber my barrels (he's a buddy). Anything to look out for? Should I clean up the epoxy?

@samb300 I'm thinking about debonding my AI AO so my gunsmith can more easily chamber my barrels (he's a buddy). Anything to look out for? Should I clean up the epoxy?

Use heat. Don't lose the little gold washers on the action screws.

Reactions: RS14
It's definitely more of a pain to de-bond the AO (or AX) chassis, as the sides enclose some of the action. Whereas the AT is just wide open on the sides and makes cleanup easier with the flat surfaces. You'll definitely need to completely clean up the epoxy on both the action and chassis before re-installing or re-bonding them back together.

My advice: have your gunsmith deal with the hassle once to take the measurements to make your future prefits. Keep it bonded together and save yourself the extra work.

If you do de-bond it and clean it all up, you'll need the Devcon aluminum putty to re-bond it which is only available in 1# jars at about $75.

OK I'm sufficiently convinced. Next question--is there a full length top cover that fits on the original run AOs?

#triggered

I've been telling David for months he either needs to nut up and buy a production chassis, or bust out the duct tape :ROFLMAO:

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: RS14 and BLKWLFK9
Sounds like he just needs another AI... Keep the OG the way it is & build himself another on the Vision... Probably if anybody had paid rent last year he could've done that!

#thanksalotxiden

Reactions: RS14 and BLKWLFK9
Sounds like he just needs another AI... Keep the OG the way it is & build himself another on the Vision... Probably if anybody had paid rent last year he could've done that!

#thanksalotxiden
If I got 1/8 of what was owed to me from this bullshit, I could build everyone on SH an AI

Anyone have a weight on one with no barrel and AX buttstock? Looking to see if I can get one light enough for nrl hunter.

Anyone have a weight on one with no barrel and AX buttstock? Looking to see if I can get one light enough for nrl hunter.
I think someone in this thread did it and got it right at 16# with a carbon barrel. Maybe need to browse a few pages back.

@Covertnoob5 had his at 15.115 with a double pull and no can so I’m hoping with arc rings and single pull i can make it. Could always run a Mk5 5-25 to shed a few ounces. My bartlein cf 24” 6.5mm blank is 3# before chambering and all that.
NRL hunters weights a gun minus mag so that helps

I have a CNC mil if it comes to that 🤣🤣

Attachments

• 7D968A79-EF99-4C3F-A16A-B5B2D1B41249.png
    7D968A79-EF99-4C3F-A16A-B5B2D1B41249.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 76
Yeah I think it’s doable if that build above is 15 lb 15 oz, possibly with some modifications. That build above also doesn’t appear to have any muzzle device, so a TBAC Ultra 5 CB (with all the carbon buildup inside removed 😂), will add 6oz plus the weight of the CB brake.

- AT buttstock is 5oz less than AX
- ARC rings are 3oz less than Spuhr mount
- Leupold MK5 5-25 is 8oz less than ZCO 527

Reactions: Bravo6niner
Ultra 5 DT with cover .812
ZCO + 1.5”spuhr 3.175
Barrel 3.00
Ckye 1.387
Action, bolt, tall rail 2.813
Vision chassis 1.94
Buttstock ~ 2.5

total 15.625

BuTzAchSaidneVErTocleaN!!!

It weighs 10.6oz without the can cover and 1/2-28 adapter. TBAC quotes 9.4 for a DT model. The Cole Tac weighs 1.6oz.

Cans just gain weight quickly.
I forgot you’re running an obese, peasant Gen 1 Ultra 5 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: RS14