• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Group Buys Aftermarket AI "Obsession" Chassis - Group Buy

if you use their factory screw that mounts the stock to the chassis that is the case, I plan to use a shorter screw
It’s going to have to be really short
4A72000A-A916-4F5E-8EB6-C7590E4A2D1D.jpeg

I don’t see the problem here, one half slips over the chassis and has the 2 screws that hold it on and the other end is threaded and the stock bolts to that. Based on your picture there is more than enough space for the bolt.
The rear-most grip panel screw goes all the way through the chassis...the MDT buttstock screw will directly interfere with it.

1613680866277.png

Not if you leave space for it, if the bolt in your picture is bottomed out I think it will work fine
You'll have to show me man, I honestly don't know what you're thinking to get this to work. In my picture I have the MDT buttstock spaced 2" rear of the main chassis to represent the "new" tube section that would have to be machined as an adapter to get this to work. But like I said, the rear grip panel screw is very close to the rear, so the large MDT screw would have about 1/4" of thread engagement unless you start moving it rearward and increasing the min LOP.

1613681759882.png

Is it as simple as leaving out the rear screw for the skins? It might case a little gapping....but I think there are enough other fasteners/the rear grip cap to keep them together fine...

I see what your saying now, what about threading the part the stock would connect to for the skins?
One side of the skins has the hole for the cap screw, and the other side of the skins is tapped. So if you did that, only one half of the skins would be able to be screwed down (unless you made a second custom metal insert for the other half of the skins ).

Actually would work fine for me with a LH rifle since the thumb rest on the left side screws the panel down tightly.

Ha, sorry. I encourage you to pursue it if you think you can get it to work. I do think with a longer LOP (i.e. making the tube adapter 2.5-3” long instead of 2”) it will work.

The pictures I added here were from over 6 months ago, I did spend some time on the idea. Ultimately I decided there were tons of things going against it for a production product:
- Long LOP to get it to work
- Folding ACC stock really isn’t that cheap
- Selling a product for cheap that still requires the customer to then buy an expensive buttstock from another company
- I personally like the AX buttstock way more than the MDT

Like anything, with enough time and money you can get it to work 😂

Reactions: Adam B
Hey guys,

Thanks for the continued support and patience! The chassis’ are completely done with machining, just waiting on export paperwork from Norway.

I’m also working on a couple other really cool AI projects in the meantime, I can’t share anything right now but I can assure you they’ll be awesome 😎

Thanks,

Sam

FADD9DB1-C56A-4C2D-AFC4-C0F0A0B39264.jpeg

This is pretty inspirational to me. How does it balance?
It’s absolutely terrible lol super rear heavy and only good in prone. But if you’re a good enough shooter to overcome those things in positional then it’s fun.

Reactions: RS14
It’s absolutely terrible lol super rear heavy and only good in prone. But if you’re a good enough shooter to overcome those things in positional then it’s fun.
I appreciate the honesty!

Are these still available? I can't seem to find a page on the website or Facebook to place an order?

Are these still available? I can't seem to find a page on the website or Facebook to place an order?
They're on a pallet in Norway, completely done with machining and ready to ship...just waiting on export paperwork.

They will be sold directly through GCP Rifle Co.

I'm not sure, it's more likely once they land here they'll just go up for sale. They will be Cerakoted "to order."
Sounds good, is it looking like the projected price should be like previously discussed?

Sounds good, is it looking like the projected price should be like previously discussed?
The target is similar pricing, except with the ability for the customer to purchase individual components as they choose, rather than only the "kit" that I offered for the first batch. This means internal weights, short vs. long NV bridge, etc.

Reactions: Rory_Fritz
The target is similar pricing, except with the ability for the customer to purchase individual components as they choose, rather than only the "kit" that I offered for the first batch. This means internal weights, short vs. long NV bridge, etc.
Internal weight will be extra then? Ill be going for the whole shabang

Internal weight will be extra then? Ill be going for the whole shabang
The original group buy was only offered as the $1200 kit which included the chassis, internal weights, and short NV bridge. Now it will be offered as a stand-alone chassis (for less than $1200, obviously), with the option to add internal weights, short or full NV bridge, and a 20MOA pic rail for either of the bridges. Once ordered, they will be Cerakoted to the customer choice for AI color match. Still working out details on the options for GCP to install/bond it together, spin up a new barrel, that sort of stuff.

Thanks,

Sam

Sam, are the second batch designed to be bonded?
Also, is GCP doing the cerakote?
Thanks

Sam, are the second batch designed to be bonded?
Also, is GCP doing the cerakote?
Thanks
Yes, the chassis has a similar inlet design, intended to be bonded for ultimate reliability and resistance to impact-related zero shift. That being said, the end user may choose to shoot it without bonding it and test it for themselves; some may be satisfied enough with the results to not feel the need to bond it. The Vision inlet has been improved slightly to help prevent excess epoxy from getting into the QuickLok barrel tennon area.

The buttstock assembly will still need to be bonded to the chassis.

GCP is a certified Cerakote applicator and will be doing the Cerakote work. Should the customer want to have it Cerakoted somewhere else, they can receive it in the raw.

Thanks,

Sam

Reactions: RS14
Yes, the chassis has a similar inlet design, intended to be bonded for ultimate reliability and resistance to impact-related zero shift. That being said, the end user may choose to shoot it without bonding it and test it for themselves; some may be satisfied enough with the results to not feel the need to bond it. The Vision inlet has been improved slightly to help prevent excess epoxy from getting into the QuickLok barrel tennon area.

The buttstock assembly will still need to be bonded to the chassis.

GCP is a certified Cerakote applicator and will be doing the Cerakote work. Should the customer want to have it Cerakoted somewhere else, they can receive it in the raw.

Thanks,

Sam
Thanks! Any chance of a pic of the revised bedding interface?

id run it raw

I dunno, many of us have been here from the start and everyone preached to bond it.

now it’s like “I dunno do whatever” is weird.

did something happen during this import business deal because until recently all the updates just ended and now we’re told “just go buy them from this guy”....

I dunno, many of us have been here from the start and everyone preached to bond it.

did something happen during this import business deal because until recently all the updates just ended and now we’re told “just go buy them from this guy”....
I have tried my best to be as transparent as possible throughout this process, and will continue to do so. I'm not sure if/why you're thinking that has changed?

I have always said to bond it, but many customers are unsure if it's worth the effort and want to try it unbonded themselves. I have tested it unbonded, probably WAY beyond what would be considered a normal "bump", and wasn't satisfied with the results. So for me, I will always bond the action to the chassis, and that is what I will continue to recommend. AI's new atx is unbonded, I don't know if they changed the inlet design (since the action is unchanged), but I can't comment on their potential design changes or if there was testing to show it retains zero after impacts.

The partnership with the Vision Products in Norway and GCP Rifle Co in Florida is how this project, and other cool AI products, will continue going forward. We all wish the import process was faster; unfortunately if the finished products are sitting on a pallet in Norway waiting for paperwork, there's nothing more I can do. The last thing I want is to promise a hard date and have customers upset because they haven't arrived yet. Once they're here, you'll be able to go to a website or call GCP and order exactly what you want. No longer will I need to manually take orders via emails and PMs, nor package and ship dozens of parts in my garage. It's a win-win for everyone in my opinion.

I hope that helps clarify things. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Thanks,

Sam

I have tried my best to be as transparent as possible throughout this process, and will continue to do so. I'm not sure if/why you're thinking that has changed?

I have always said to bond it, but many customers are unsure if it's worth the effort and want to try it unbonded themselves. I have tested it unbonded, probably WAY beyond what would be considered a normal "bump", and wasn't satisfied with the results. So for me, I will always bond the action to the chassis, and that is what I will continue to recommend. AI's new atx is unbonded, I don't know if they changed the inlet design (since the action is unchanged), but I can't comment on their potential design changes or if there was testing to show it retains zero after impacts.

The partnership with the Vision Products in Norway and GCP Rifle Co in Florida is how this project, and other cool AI products, will continue going forward. We all wish the import process was faster; unfortunately if the finished products are sitting on a pallet in Norway waiting for paperwork, there's nothing more I can do. The last thing I want is to promise a hard date and have customers upset because they haven't arrived yet. Once they're here, you'll be able to go to a website or call GCP and order exactly what you want. No longer will I need to manually take orders via emails and PMs, nor package and ship dozens of parts in my garage. It's a win-win for everyone in my opinion.

I hope that helps clarify things. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Thanks,

Sam
Clears it all up, I was afraid that you no longer had much to do with it and Vis was doing their own thing.

didn’t mean to sound like a jerk if I did!!!!

Reactions: J-Ham

I meant no ceracote , just plain AL👍

Reactions: The Dakota Sniper
Clears it all up, I was afraid that you no longer had much to do with it and Vis was doing their own thing.

didn’t mean to sound like a jerk if I did!!!!
Hey, no worries. Christian (Vision Products) and I are working together on the AI chassis, it's a partnership and not something I would blindly hand off. He's as much of an AI fan as me, so there will be plenty of product support from both of us (y)

Hey, no worries. Christian (Vision Products) and I are working together on the AI chassis, it's a partnership and not something I would blindly hand off. He's as much of an AI fan as me, so there will be plenty of product support from both of us (y)
That’s a relief, I probably assumed incorrect context and was worried you were out of the loop.

good to know everything is on point!