• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Group Buys Aftermarket AI "Obsession" Chassis - Group Buy

I'm fine either way, my vote goes to whatever speeds up the process, I know it'll be great either way.
I’m agree with the above. Whatever is faster works good for me.

But I personally think the contrast of a bridge being black and the chassis being other would look great. But color match would stand out and look good to(I feel like black is more common being most buy them additionally and don’t come with the rifle/chassis) But it’s all a tool to me so function first looks second.

Reactions: samb300
Sounds like for the most part people are on board with the chassis + NV bridge + NV pic rail all being Cerakoted the same color. I think I can make that happen, I'll talk to the applicator soon and see what they think. It really shouldn't affect the lead time or cost on my end by much.

I touched base with the machine shop this week, I'm waiting back to hear where they're at with the programming. I'll let you guys know as soon as I find out!

Sam

Just got word that the machine shop is going to start making chips next week! If you want in on the pre-order contact me ASAP, quantities will be extremely limited for those that didn’t pre-order!
9B0F977E-A2B4-445D-B2FF-64F84B29A327.jpeg

Man I can’t wait! What are the chances of getting some videos of the chip making? 😁

Not sure on videos, I can try to get some pics though. They aren’t local to me, so I’d have to ask and see if they can get some in-process pics.
If you can cool, if not no worries, I guess we’ll all see them soon enough 😉

I'm one of those guys that purchased an Accuracy International AT so I could install the new AO chassis. I doubt that I'm the only one. Call me crazy but the rifle looks so much better with the lower center of gravity. I can't wait to get this installed, it's the way the rifle should have come from AI. Thanks Sam for your dedication, persistence and untold hours and hours of work to pull this off. Thank you!

I’m sure you’ve posted this and I’ve forgotten.

Straight 1.25” barrels......g2g?

Need to spin up a few for the “new” AI.

I’m sure you’ve posted this and I’ve forgotten.

Straight 1.25” barrels......g2g?

Need to spin up a few for the “new” AI.
Yes, the chassis and NV bridge are designed for clearance on a 1.25" straight taper barrel. Min. clearance is ~1.33" dia., with some extra clearance at the 6 o'clock position for any barrel or suppressor sagging.

Biggest I've had in the proto is an MTU, but I believe Rex has a 1.25" on his.

Reactions: BLKWLFK9 and RS14
Any new updates from the machine shop? I’m getting more and more excited each day.
I’m planning on shooting the guardian match at Altus next month. And it would be So awesome to have the AO chassis installed.

Any new updates from the machine shop? I’m getting more and more excited each day.
I’m planning on shooting the guardian match at Altus next month. And it would be So awesome to have the AO chassis installed.
Unfortunately no updates right now. I shared the last picture I got, and was told they'd be doing the next machining Op this week.

It's still out of my hands enough right now where I can't give a definitive timeline for shipping to customers. Once the machine shop is done and they ship to the Cerakote applicator, I'll have a better idea on when they'll be complete.

Reactions: RS14
Unfortunately no updates right now. I shared the last picture I got, and was told they'd be doing the next machining Op this week.

It's still out of my hands enough right now where I can't give a definitive timeline for shipping to customers. Once the machine shop is done and they ship to the Cerakote applicator, I'll have a better idea on when they'll be complete.
10-4 sounds good. I’m just anxious as I know we all are. Including you.
I actually messed up my dates and thought the next update was gonna be this week and not next lol.

I noticed this midway through Joel's latest PRN video. Check it out, you can see Rex's prototype chassis in action.

Reactions: ElMeheecan
Just heard from the machine shop...machining is DONE, they are packaging things up to ship them out. Next steps will be Cerakote, Nitriding the internal weights, and me putting all the part kits together. I'll keep you guys posted when I have a more firm timeline from Cerakote and Nitride!

Last edited:
Just heard from the machine shop...machining is DONE, they are packaging things up to ship them out. Next steps will be Cerakote, Nitriding the internal weights, and me putting all the part kits together. I'll keep you guys posted when I have a more firm timeline from Cerakote and Nitride!
Love to hear this man. I know it’s probably previously been mentioned. But any idea on how long the cerakote and nitride will be? I’m shooting the guardian on July 11-12th. And it would be awesome to show it off at that match.

Love to hear this man. I know it’s probably previously been mentioned. But any idea on how long the cerakote and nitride will be? I’m shooting the guardian on July 11-12th. And it would be awesome to show it off at that match.
After further communication with the shop, the chassis are done, but the accessories aren’t 100% complete yet. So unfortunately I don’t think a completed delivery prior to your match will be likely.

It's best to try and forget about it, then in August it will be Christmas a few months early. Progress is being made!

After further communication with the shop, the chassis are done, but the accessories aren’t 100% complete yet. So unfortunately I don’t think a completed delivery prior to your match will be likely.
10-4. Well we are closer every day. Thanks for always been real with us on timeline and keeping us in the loop.

Update: I have a couple of the raw chassis in hand! Machining looks great and the revised forend is freakin’ solid. Hoping the accessories will be completed in 1-2 weeks per the machine shop, then I can get them sent out for Cerakote to be done together in batches of each color.

Thanks for the patience everyone!

AA7DDF07-7A40-4CE0-9936-ABCD1A7B4783.jpeg
2F97CE67-44DF-4124-9CF7-FB40208CF784.jpeg

Update: I have a couple of the raw chassis in hand! Machining looks great and the revised forend is freakin’ solid. Hoping the accessories will be completed in 1-2 weeks per the machine shop, then I can get them sent out for Cerakote to be done together in batches of each color.

Thanks for the patience everyone!

View attachment 7363806View attachment 7363807
Looks great Sam!

Reactions: samb300
I talked to the machine shop yesterday, they're setting up machines for the remaining accessories, and are targeting end of next week for completion of everything. Once that's complete it will be a matter of Cerakote for the chassis+NV bridge+pic rail, and nitriding the internal weights. It's getting closer to being complete! Thanks again for the patience everyone!

Reactions: RS14 and reubenski
Hey @samb300, all the internal weights are accessible once a barrel is removed, correct? There's no overhang of the receiver face over the first weight, correct?
Correct. Remove barrel and remove/install internal weight. The weight is attached via countersink screws from the bottom of the chassis, similar to the ACC. The prototype had them installed from the top with cap screws, but I realized that made it a pain to remove/install unless the NV bridge and scope were removed.

The kit will ship with two different internal weights. One is a 2# weight that spans the entire length of the inside of the forend. Max weight + max stiffness. The second weight will be a 1# version which is essentially the 2# weight sliced in half. It will allow the user to tune the location of the weight front to back, or allow better balance if the user doesn’t need the full 2#. It made it more expensive on my end, but I really wanted that one-piece weight! Haha

When you have a driving passion for your work, you're living the dream and it becomes no work at all. I can't wait to get this installed on my new AI. After the project is finished and the last package has been sent I want to know what Sam is going to do next. It truly is a work of love. Thanks for the long hours and late nights putting this together. Now get back to work!

When you have a driving passion for your work, you're living the dream and it becomes no work at all. I can't wait to get this installed on my new AI. After the project is finished and the last package has been sent I want to know what Sam is going to do next. It truly is a work of love. Thanks for the long hours and late nights putting this together. Now get back to work!
Ha, thanks! I’ve spent more time lately waiting for the parts to be done, but am trying to get ahead of putting the kits together with the hardware so I’m ready to ship when everything comes back from coating.

It is a labor of love, and someday I hope it can become my 9-5, but for now family responsibilities and adult stuff like insurance take precedence haha.

As for what’s next, I don’t think I can say anything but I have a couple cool things in work. I’d like to look at a R700 chassis design of my own, but that’s currently getting pushed to the back of the list. There’s supposed to be some new AI parts coming soon from Anarchy, but they’ve been in queue for a while. A buttpad spacer-weight, AI KeySlot weight set, and an AT forend Arca rail.