• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Aftermarket DBM ?

josey88

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 22, 2011
Does it make sense to spend on an aftermarket DBM if the rifle comes with the regular DBM 4rd from factory ? Will it feed as smooth as the factory DBM ? I see that there are a lot of different ones around ... I guess that my question is : is it worth it , since the rifle already has one ? trying to learn , so maybe there is something to it

Re: Aftermarket DBM ?

I would say the answer to your questions depends upon the use of the rifle.

If it is for hunting/range use then no. If it is for competition use then yes.

Only if you need to hold more rounds. Switching can get you up to 10(.308)rounds and you can use different mags as well. I currently have a CDI bottom metal for sale for a Rem700 SA if that's what you got. Haha, just throwin that out there.

I have a 10FCP on .308 . What about reliability ? I would like 10 rds of course as long as it works flawlessly ... do they work ok or have some issues , like any other aftermarket upgrade ? What about Accurate Mags ? It seems ok and prices are cheaper than CDI

if you have a factory dmb then unless you want 10 rnds ready steady in the mag, dont worrie about it

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cowboy1978</div><div class="ubbcode-body">if you have a factory dmb then unless you want 10 rnds ready steady in the mag, dont worrie about it </div></div>
Exacty my line of thought ... thanks

If you really want 10 rounds, in your stock DBM with no mods, then you can come see me at Darkeagle Custom Inc

10 Round Savage 308 Center Feed Mag

product-2.jpg

www.darkeaglecustom.com

Dan

If you are wanting 10, 12, or even 15 round magazines... RatMag ST-10, 12 & 15's can be had. Just ask me how I know!! LOL

The RatMags, like the Dark Eagle ones utilize the factory Savage bottom metals, so the money you save on aftermarket bottom metals can be invested in your magazine count!!

DK

IMAG0135.jpg

I also have a great working magazine for the Savage Axis/Edge rifles now too!!

DK

A picture of the Axis/Edge magazine prototype, that I now produce...

DK

SEA1-1.jpg

DK , I am very sorry . I ordered with Dan . I saw your post way after I had placed the order with Darkeagle , but many thanks for the offer ... Thanks again