• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Aftermarket Triggers and reliability

SeekingNorth

Private
Minuteman
Jun 9, 2017
I remember somewhere, on this forum, somebody did a breakdown of aftermarket triggers and their reliability in the field.
It was discussing how the triggers was designed differently internally compared to regular Rem 700 triggers.

I belive a Triggertech or a Timney was deemed the "most reliable". Does anybody remember reading the same??

Last edited:
Only thing that might ring a bell is this old article (I like PRB):

Not saying TriggerTech is the "most reliable", but from what I've been told, the TriggerTech Diamond, Special, and Primary all use the "rolling pin" design instead of sliding sear.

From talking with them on the phone, they told me that all three from the lowest to the Diamond are the exact same design. the only difference is how low the trigger pull can get.

Hopefully some of this is helpful to you. Would love to see the breakdown done by a Hider.

The BnA Dakota trigger is supposed to be made to work dirty.

My Tubb T7T trigger has never malfunctioned in any environment I've exposed it to.