• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PRS Talk AG cup re-run??

Ryan7839

Private
Minuteman
Oct 30, 2018
Is there any way to watch the AG cup coverage that Shooting USA recently ran on the Outdoor channel?

I checked the MOTV app, but no dice.

Just some thoughts after only about 10min in.

I’m attempting to look at this from a non “in the know” viewer. As if I remember correctly, part of this endeavor was to grow things.

1: they never explained what the AG cup is, why it is, etc. Hell, they never even talked about what a PRS match is

2: the average viewer has no effing clue what a 6 dasher is, or a foundation Stock, etc.

3: we don’t need to hear 20 guys say “the winner is gonna be the guy that misses the least today” no shit......

I’d suggest in the future the first 20min of something like this needs to be directed at a quick history of PRS matches, and what led up to say the AG cup. “All of these guys have at least two 2 day national match wins” and list accomplishments next to the shooter for interviews. Etc wtc

Take 5 min to explain 6mm cartridges. Use a side by side comparison with a 6.5cm and .308. Everyone knows those.

“as you can see, the shorter case along with an improved 40deg shoulder makes this cartridge more efficient than the time honored .308”.

Even as a knowledgeable viewer, I’m having trouble keeping up already.

This is the first time for this, so it’s expected that I will be subject to improvement. But it’s fairly obvious this wasn’t screened with a test audience prior final release for television. At least not an audience that looked at it from the average viewer not affiliated with PRS style matches.

Reactions: kthomas
I made it 16min in.

It’s jumping all over the place. Only showing targets being hit and guys running a bolt.

No thanks. Maybe next year.

Agreed with above. I streamed it for $1 with a shooting buddy of mine. It was pretty hard to follow, and they didn't do a very good job of explaining what was really going on that well.

I know it's tough to make shooting sports into good TV though so I give them credit for trying. I still enjoy the NRL vids on youtube but I'm also a shooter and get what they're doing.

So, it's pretty much like being a non-shooting spectator at a rifle match then. Maybe too much reality in this reality tv...

I DVR'd it and thought I would get a chance to see what it is like to watch some really good shooters attack stages and see how they do at it. I concluded that nothing beats experience. Everyone learns differently in order to improve at something. The show was similar to that show's other coverage of shooting matches. I think they assume the viewer has some clue as to how the matches are run usually. I am not sure how you can expect more if you have seen that show before.

I DVR'd it and thought I would get a chance to see what it is like to watch some really good shooters attack stages and see how they do at it. I concluded that nothing beats experience. Everyone learns differently in order to improve at something. The show was similar to that show's other coverage of shooting matches. I think they assume the viewer has some clue as to how the matches are run usually. I am not sure how you can expect more if you have seen that show before.

Problem is they didn’t even do that well. Kept cutting to different clips of different shooters all doing the same thing: pull trigger, run bolt.

Didn’t take the time to analyze how they attacked a stage or anything.

Target audience apparently: people who have prior PRS knowledge, but really don’t care. Quite possibly the show was intended for former prs competitors that gave since been in some sort of horrible accident and are now extremely high functioning retards.

Funny
but I guess I am not as cynical as you are

If it got such poor reviews, maybe that is why it is not showing reruns. IDK
I was glad to see bits and pieces of what they did show anyway

Reactions: Dthomas3523
I will most likely air again, just no way to tell exactly when. They typically re-air shows after a few months. I would definitely watch it for yourself and form your own opinion.