• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Age and Education

Re: Age and Education

5 years US Army Infantry
12 years married
11 years a parent
BS Computer Science

and that's enough for now.

21, high school and a bit of college. Going to return to school this fall. Currently I'm working on my cousins farm watering rice and beans when I'm not sitting in the office shooting the breeze..

Too old, HS, 4 year machinist apprenticeship, 4 year tool & die maker apprenticeship, 6 years college (while working full time) mechanical engineering & EMT, GPA 3.62. Married to the same woman for 39 years. 2 grown daughters & 3 grandkids.

Most of my grown life I worked 2 jobs. One for the family and one to support my shooting addiction. I don't think it's the years I worked. I believe it's the mileage.

36, BS in Animal Biology with minors in Agriculture, Chemistry and Mathematics; MD with 9 years in post-graduate residency/fellowship in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Cardiology and finally Cardiac Electrophysiology.

22 working on a Mechanical Engineering degree at A&M

30 with BS in Microbiology and Genetic Biology. Trying to unlearn everything I learned in class in order to make it in the real world.

30 looking at going back for another degree this time in wind power.

3 yrs USN (BM3)
2 yrs ARNG (11b)
A.S. CIS
2 Semesters from B.S.
Cisco Cert or 2

25, Got a G.E.D. at the age of 17 so that i could join the Army, Spent 5 1/2 good years there just for them to tell me i was too broken to play war anymore.
Then being the dumb*** that i am decided it would be a good idea to try and be a horseshoer. Went to the Colorado school of trades and got a certificate in farrier science.....

BS Engineering Physics - Northeastern
BS Mathematics - Northeastern
Masters of Science Civil Engineering - OSU
Masters of Science Environmental Engineering - OSU
Doctor of Philosophy Chemical Engineering - OSU
P.E.
CSP
USMC 4 years (0311, 8654)
US Army Special Forces 12B3S (18C)

So many degrees, they need to call me Thermometer, and never learned anything until I realized I was too full of my self

2002 BS Mechanical Engineer
2007 BS Microbiology
2012 Pharm. D Doctor of Pharmacy

If I dont like Pharmacy, ill just go back again and do something else.

School keeps you young at heart, and the girls stay the same age.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Mechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">45 and 7 1/2 years of high skoul </div></div>

classic
smile.gif

30, BS computer science, minor in mathematics & civil engineering.

Been studying my little girls pretty closely for 3.5 years now and learned more than I ever did in school.

Highschool, military service, NCO training and courses while serving. College later on...

43 yrs. old
25 years Public Safety four more years to retire.
Most of my life has been spent attending the school of hard knocks and what not to do University! I guess that is why most older people are so smart. LOL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chpprguy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fret</div><div class="ubbcode-body">40 years old, and there's a really good chance I'm educated beyond my intelligence. BSME </div></div>

As long as it didn't go to your head...
wink.gif

I work at a place where most think education and intelligence are one and the same....
frown.gif
</div></div>

You must be an esteemed member of the academy....
wink.gif
It sometimes feels as though I am surrounded with this attitude in the university system.

The reality is, it takes a heftier dose of perseverance than it does intelligence to get any advanced degree, regardless of the field of study. I am surrounded by folks with PhD's at the university and MD's at my clinic but two of the most intelligent guys I know are high school drop outs.

BA – Sociology
MSW – Clinical Social Work (mental health)
PhD – Psychology (health psychology / behavioral medicine)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Robozebra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">36, BS in Animal Biology with minors in Agriculture, Chemistry and Mathematics; MD with 9 years in post-graduate residency/fellowship in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Cardiology and finally Cardiac Electrophysiology. </div></div>

With all that at 36 you prolly finished up what, about a week and a half ago? LOL(envious)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beenjammin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">30
2002 BS Mechanical Engineer
2007 BS Microbiology
2012 Pharm. D Doctor of Pharmacy

If I dont like Pharmacy, ill just go back again and do something else.

<span style="color: #FF0000">School keeps you young at heart, and the girls stay the same age.</span> </div></div>
and they get sluttier every year

me? 4yr degree Biology, minor in kines, and now I decided I wanted to be a FireFighter/medic. So I can have a steady job and keep going to school plus the 2 days off between shifts gives me time to do what I want, hang with the GF and shoot ALOT. Already a Certified EMT(WOOOOPTY DOOO
sleep.gif
)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lindy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am educated far beyond my intelligence.
</div></div>

Many of us are...... isn't that related to the peter principle?
wink.gif

33 yrs old
BA - Accounting and Finance
Masters - Public Admin/ Political Science
Doctorate - Public Admin (JUST Started and have 6 hrs of courses)

I juked and jived my way through a couple of degrees. For the most part I learned how to game the academic system which remains my most valuable education.

B.S
9 years in the Navy.
22 years of marriage, two kids...if that does not teach you something, I don't know what will.

B.A.
4 kids - Oldest in College, youngest in middle school.
Married way over my head...smart enough to know that...

33, BSc (forestry) plus a ton of post nominals that would mean practically nothing to anyone other than our small forestry/arboricultural industry.
DEFINITELY educated beyond intelligence.

40, BS, MBA, PMP, CMP

No, really. Those letters all mean something...

www.pmi.org
www.ism.ws

And what does that get me? ...contract is finishing up in mid January...time to find another contract...

-Jim

BS
30 Years Army
SMA Grad
Honor Grad of My Father's Shut Up, Hold This and Pay Attention School of Carpentry.